Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of Quiet Minds?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dekabreak1000, you are absolutely right. I thought of that "brain" line when I woke up this morning, and Rumple is the scarecrow. I guess we will have to see on the tin man - at least there aren't that many choices left.

On a related note, does waking up and immediately thinking of a TV show mean I am losing it?

Comment

Originally posted by DA_Champion
      Why?
      Because I actually believe in Heroes, Hope, and Happy Endings?

This show's writing has been declining in quality since the Season 2 finale for me. I decided to stick with it because the Season 3 premiere was so great, but I have put up with way too many bullcrap choices (overuse of amnesia, three curses: one of which is a re-do of the first one, contrived magical potions, a heroine who doesn't do anything, a SERIES REBOOT, etc.) and killing off the only character in the story who TRULY deserved a Happy Ending is the nail in the coffin for me. On top of all that, the writing is terribly inconsistent, full of plotholes, and out-of-character interactions.

I don't like that the message is that if you be a good person who puts other people first, you will eventually become villainized, and die (and without reconnecting with your son who you're actually a good father to). Where, the ACTUAL villains on the show are given second chances and Happy Endings. No...I don't care for that at ALL.

I watch TV to escape life (and right now, life is HARD for me) and all Once Upon A Time does is leave me frustrated and angry. Why continue to watch a show with characters and a story that I don't even LIKE anymore?

I will miss watching Lana Parrilla and Robert Carlyle's performances. Lana was born to play Regina and Robert created an amazing version of Rumplestiltskin.

But, I just can't deal with this show's awful writing and crappy treatment of its heroes anymore. Once was "supposedly" about Hope and Happy Endings and neither of those things ever show up.
      Last edited by savingpeoplething; 03-31-2014, 06:05 AM.

Comment

I really don't get people who don't like the show and supposedly quit watching, but still keep complaining about it! Don't you have better things to do with your time?
        and the people complaining about Hook really make me sick, he has the same amount of screen time as every other main character, so what's the problem? He is Emma's love interest, he truly loves her, he gave everything up to help her and be with her, he changed so much because of her.

I am really enjoying this season, it's great so far!
        Last nights episode was so so so sad & beautiful at the same time.
        I knew Neal would be the one who dies, but it was still very very sad to watch. I loved Hook & Neal's hug and their conversation... "I forget that beneath it all you're still that boy...the one I looked after all those years ago." This was so beautiful and I am so glad they got their closure. I was always a big fan of hook & bae scenes and this was the best one.

MRJ, Jen and Robert were amazing during the death scene, they delivered perfectly.
        poor Rumple...

I feel very sad for Henry that he won't see his dad anymore.
        The death was meant to be permanent as far as I remember, so he definitely won't come back.

Comment

Just to go on the record, I truly, truly hope that Emma and Hook never happens. To require Emma to have male partner minimizes the character. I do like the Hook character (and Colin in the role), but not as a partner for Emma.

Comment

I have to disagree )

I truly hope they will happen, and I'm sure they will! Everything is pointing at it!

All this built up between them and their scenes, you just can't ignore that!

I also disagree about Emma's character, on the opposite, it would be such a huge step for her to love someone and let someone in her heart who's not lying about who he is, who's always there for her and who truly loves her.

ouat is about true love, and emma is the main protagonist, for her not finding her true love would be the wrong message, don't you think?

Comment

I liked this episode. Neal had a much better death then August and Graham. He actually made a sacrifice of his own choosing.

Regina and Robin is such an amazing pairing.

I also hope Captain Swan remains one-sided. I think it is obvious at this point Hook is hiding something. Emma and romance are just not in the mix for the poor girl.

I have also come to conclusion the Once staff needs to get rid of Robert Hull. He wrote last week's Rapunzel episode and his written some of the other low points of the series. I say this because Hull and this week's episode writer cowrote Child of the Moon and the August death episode, two low points for the series. This episode has brought to light that of the two Hull is a weaker writer for the series.

Comment

Originally posted by Jolly Roger
                I have to disagree )

I truly hope they will happen, and I'm sure they will! Everything is pointing at it!

All this built up between them and their scenes, you just can't ignore that!

I also disagree about Emma's character, on the opposite, it would be such a huge step for her to love someone and let someone in her heart who's not lying about who he is, who's always there for her and who truly loves her.

ouat is about true love, and emma is the main protagonist, for her not finding her true love would be the wrong message, don't you think?
                Maybe the point is true love comes in different forms.

Hook lied to Emma about who he was when they first met, and certainly was not there for her when he stabbed Rumple in New York and I don't think he is being honest about why he came to New York to bring Emma back to Storybrooke.

Comment

Originally posted by Degobunny
                  I don't think he is being honest about why he came to New York to bring Emma back to Storybrooke.
                  It all depends if the writers want to follow up on this idea. They have hinted more than once he is not being honest. First Walsh knew about the memory potion and Hook, and did absolutely nothing to prevent Emma from taking it. As Regina pointed out, it was extremely conveniente there wasn't enough potion for two. And what enabled Hook to travel between realms to begin with, when we all know there was no way left in the Enchanted Forest to make that trip? The answer could be a Witch that did travel from one realm (Oz) to another (Enchanted Forest). Also, was I the only one who found Hook not letting Emma open up that storm cellar last episode extremely suspicious?

Emma knows, most of the time, when people are lying, and even though she does trust Hook, she has sensed he has been hiding something. She might not know what, but she knows he has. Will the writers follow up on this? At this point, I doubt it. They will either drop it, or they will make it out to be something irrelevant.

However, if they do follow up on this, then that could be interesting, and might even make me return. Hook is selfish, he always has been since he became a pirate. And as the flashback NYS made clear, he wasn't changed out of his love for Emma. He didn't care if everyone was going against a powerful enemy. Emma wasn't there, so, it wasn't his fight any more. It was as simple as that.

I never bought he wouldn't do whatever he could to get Emma back, even if that meant betraying everyone betting that Emma would beat the Witch in the end. It would be completely in character for him to make a deal with the Wicked Witch just so he could get Emma back, betting he could double cross Zelena in the end.

However, I find this highly unlikely. They are just dropping hints to make people believe they might be going that route, so they would keep Hook "mysterious". I doubt it would be anything more than that.
                  Last edited by liana; 03-31-2014, 09:10 AM.

Comment

I really hated that Neal had to die. But I knew (dreaded) that he would be the one to die. I'll stay until the end of the season, but I'm not sure for after. It'll depend on what happens in the coming episodes.

Comment

Originally posted by clois4ever30
                      I really hated that Neal had to die. But I knew (dreaded) that he would be the one to die. I'll stay until the end of the season, but I'm not sure for after. It'll depend on what happens in the coming episodes.
                      I don't think knowing it was coming makes it any easier to swallow. If they had given the character the farewell it deserved, with decent screentime before leading up to this episode instead of almost ignoring him, and perhaps allowing him a "moment" at least of true happiness in the show, then, perhaps it would have been easier to swallow. The way they did it, by ignoring the character completely before this episode, and making him die without his son remembering him, and without at least knowing "some" happiness was just putting salt on an open wound.

And the icing in the cake, they effectively made Emma to be the one that separated him from Rumple so that he would die. The only woman he ever truly loved, the one he still truly loved, was the tool that ultimately killed him. And let's not forget that before that even happened, said woman stated not wanting her son to remember how much his father loved him, and how good a man he was.

It was one of the worst endings for a character's run I've ever seen. The actors were amazing, of course, and the death was truly emotional, and yet, that doesn't change the fact that it was a terrible and miserable ending for Neal. It pretty much told us that being good, honest, selfless and a hero doesn't pay off. No hope or second chances on life for the good guys, because only the evil ones deserve second chances.

This show is all about second chances for anyone who has done anything truly evil, but not one for the guy who made minor mistakes in his love life, because he was naive, trusted the wrong persons, and was afraid of being rejected. That is much more serious than trying to kill people, ruining other people lives, and the list goes on. The villains deserve second chances, good guys don't.

Don't get me wrong: I love redemption stories. Everyone likes to see a bad guy changing in the end. I've been claiming, since the mid season finale that Rumple meant to die, and that his sacrifice was genuine and that was his redemption arc. And I'm glad I was right on that. However, I don't think a good guy should be punished by not having a happy ending because redemption's arcs are more interesting to watch. If a show sends the message that good guys don't deserve second chances while villains do, then that is even worse than not allowing characters to redeem themselves because they were evil in the past.
                      Last edited by liana; 03-31-2014, 11:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Aries83
                        All I know is I'm "OutlawQueen," because I guess "Robina" wasn't good enough...Lol. The chemistry between Lana Parrilla and Sean Maguire is undeniable, and I can't wait to see where both of these characters end up.

agreed 100% love the chemistry! OutlawQueen sounds good to me!

I liked this episode. Neal had a much better death then August and Graham. He actually made a sacrifice of his own choosing.

Regina and Robin is such an amazing pairing.

I also hope Captain Swan remains one-sided. I think it is obvious at this point Hook is hiding something. Emma and romance are just not in the mix for the poor girl.

I have also come to conclusion the Once staff needs to get rid of Robert Hull. He wrote last week's Rapunzel episode and his written some of the other low points of the series. I say this because Hull and this week's episode writer cowrote Child of the Moon and the August death episode, two low points for the series. This episode has brought to light that of the two Hull is a weaker writer for the series.
                        I also agree that Neal had a much better death- interesting that having Neal in his head contributed to rumple's craziness...neal was actually protecting rumple from zelena- was it a mistake to separate the? i say yes!
                        Last edited by Rac80; 04-01-2014, 02:05 PM.

Comment

I haven't seen the episode yet, but wanted to say this:

Regardless of what Hook is hiding, he is not working for or with Zelena wittingly or unwittingly, because she did not want Emma to come back.

Comment

Now that I have timeto think a little, Neal's death is actually much worse.

They entire storystarted because Regina cast the Curse to take away all happy ending. Whocreated the Curse? Rumpelstiltskin. Why did he create the Curse? To getback Baelfire/Neal.

And they killed offthe character who got this whole thing started.

And it's not onlyabout Emma and Henry. What about Rumple? The child he spend 300 years searchingfor, to try to fix their relationship, is now dead. I wanted them to reconcile,and become a family again. That reconciliation was taken away from Rumple. Ijust worry how much worse Rumple would be and his 'I am a monster who onlyhurts the people whom I love' (in his mind) would be much more justified.

Originally posted by liana
                            The way they did it, by ignoring the character completely before this episode, and making him die without his son remembering him, and without at least knowing "some" happiness was just putting salt in an open wound.

And the icing in the cake, they effectively made Emma to be the one that separated him from Rumple so that he would die. The only woman he ever truly loved, the one he still truly loved, was the tool that ultimately killed him. And let's not forget that before that even happened, said woman stated not wanting her son to remember how much his father loved him, and how good a man he was.
                            And let's not forget what happened in Ariel, where he head the love of his life say that she had hoped that he had died, so that she wouldn't have to go through the pain of loosing him again.

And Neal only embraces her, showing that she understood. After that heartbreaking scene, they gave us his death. With Emma having be the one to do it.

I really hope, for both their sakes, that neither were thinking of that cave incident during Neal's death scene.

Comment

Obviously opinions vary about Neal dying and how he died. And I stay with my desire to never see Captain Swan. But I recognize that the writers write and the watchers watch, so whatever happens I just want to be entertained. Right now I just want someone to get the dagger away from Zelena, so that Rumple can focus his full Dark One revenge on her. I want Zelena to end up fried like a green egg (ham optional).

Comment

Maybe the point is true love comes in different forms.

Hook lied to Emma about who he was when they first met, and certainly was not there for her when he stabbed Rumple in New York and I don't think he is being honest about why he came to New York to bring Emma back to Storybrooke.
                                Jennifer Morrison: ""Hook is the first person who hasn't let her down. Even though he's done some bad things in his past, he's never done anything bad to Emma. He's always been good to her and shown up for her. That's been her biggest issue with how many times she's been abandoned and left behind, and Hook shows up for her.

It is confusing and challenging for all of them because Neal and Hook like each other. They spent a lot of time in Neverland together. They respect each other. It's not a catty love triangle. It's three people who really respect each other. It makes it more heartbreaking to try to figure out what the right decision would be."
                                Her words not mine, but I agree with everything she said!!

they are endgame, no doubt about that!! They are perfect for each other, because they understand each other!!
                                and hook is the only one who's respecting what emma wants, he always lets her make her own decision and respects that!

JMo & Colin are mostly shooting together - so that's another hint in which direction this is heading!!

I simply can't wait, because that makes ouat even more interesting!!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎