0 0%
  • 1 - Let the Huntress kill it

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    The artist formerly known as "KryptonSite" KSiteTV's Avatar

Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "Birds of Prey?"

What did you think?

Settling In
    Great episode, it hit every angle for me. Had some funny parts, sad parts, tense parts.

I know Oliver wanted Roy to break up with Thea to keep her safe, but Thea was Roy's anchor for when he loses his cool. So I'm wondering how he's going to fair now.

i have a feeling Thea is going to die by seasons end, her roles have been getting smaller and I think her death will be Roy's turning point to becoming speedy.

speaking of speedy, we got the first jist of arrow calling Roy speedy which was unexpected because that's what he calls Thea.

i for once did not mind laurel in this episode, I guess because she wasn't annoying, sad, and as pathetic as usual.

I have a feeling det lance is going to be in some trouble. They will probably pin bertanellis death on him.

Notice Helena didn't die, which means we will prolly see her again.

i like the episodes with Roy and Arrow, the mentoring and growth of Roy into (what will soon be red arrow hopefully) a matured person is cool.

Posting Pro
    First impressions? An excellent episode, and they gave Laurel a few things to do. She did a better job in her fights in this one, but still needs to get up to par. The way she interacted with Sara/Canary was great, and I could see where we have Laurel maybe getting inspiration to become BC. She still wants to be a lawyer (as evidenced by her blackmail of Kate Spencer, who was proud of it for some reason), but she sees the corruption reaches even the prosecutory levels and that will, I think, lead her down the vigilante path in the end. Oh, and can we say the one dude has serious control issues when it comes to vigilantes?

As for those last few minutes with Thea..... Oliver, you are seriously going to regret keeping secrets. Slade, you're a scumbag. Thea, use your brains, girl! You've met the guy once! Do not get in the freaking backseat of a car with him.

Settling In
    Heh, one of the best lines tonight:

"I can't look at a bowl of water without slapping it."

I liked how they ended things with Helena, leaving the possibility open for her to return. Overall, a very fun episode.

I thought it could have been better. Wasn't lacking in intensity or action, but some characterizations left a lot to be desired. Laurel for example. They did such a fine job of giving her a bounce back type of episode (she even inspired Sara not to kill), only for it to end with her blackmailing to get her job back while deciding she can't let her darkness go. Geez show, keep the character drama free for a while.

Oliver getting Roy to break up with Thea also came off weird to me. While he clearly can't control himself on the field, he hadn't hurt Thea up until that point. Don't know what Oliver was worried about. And then the last scene between Oliver and Thea just had a wrong vibe about it. He didn't seem to feel guilty about causing her pain and she, all of a sudden, decided he's the only one who doesn't lie to her. Is this the same Thea?

On the positive side, I probably enjoyed Felicity for the first time in a while. Her one line commentary gave the episode the light tone it needed at times. Also, I felt they wrapped up the Huntress' arc quite well. I also liked Quentin in this episode, although if he hasn't figured out yet who the Arrow is, I'll lose any respect for him.

7.5/10. Went with 7, but I added and extra 0.5 just for that creepy ending. Can't wait for next week!
    Last edited by costas22; 03-27-2014 at 05:23 AM.

I thoroughly enjoyed the show. i am getting tired of the lies and truth aspect of Thea, Ollie and Moira. It bugs me that the only aspect of their relationship is based on whether they are telling the truth or lies. The episode was action packed, and I liked sara and helena fighting against each other. I like the way things are tied together - season 1, Malcolm used hostages to bait the Vigilante; here Helena used hostages to bait the police. laurel was used as bait by the DA< in the same way she was used by her dad to catch the Vigilante etc, etc.
    Laurel's comment about darkness was a bit off "once you let the darnes in...." - just because she grew a bit of backbone and stood up for helself, does not mean she has a dark character.
    Oliver was tied up again, and that always makes good eye-candy.

Posting Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by costas22 View Post
    I thought it could have been better. Wasn't lacking in intensity or action, but some characterizations left a lot to be desired. Laurel for example. They did such a fine job of giving her a bounce back type of episode (she even inspired Sara not to kill), only for it to end with her blackmailing to get her job back while deciding she can't let her darkness go. Geez show, keep the character drama free for a while.
    The whole not letting the darkness go is going to be a theme for at least the next episode, if not the rest of the season with Oliver wanting to kill slade even though he doesn't want to kill anymore. That in itself is show's that the darkness stay's within you no matter what, and it is also a very true point. Any major mistake that cause's someone else harm does stay with you for ever no matter what.

Oliver getting Roy to break up with Thea also came off weird to me. While he clearly can't control himself on the field, he hadn't hurt Thea up until that point. Don't know what Oliver was worried about. And then the last scene between Oliver and Thea just had a wrong vibe about it. He didn't seem to feel guilty about causing her pain and she, all of a sudden, decided he's the only one who doesn't lie to her. Is this the same Thea?
    Yes he hadn't hurt Thea so far, and yes the mention of her had calmed him down but if Thea where to make him angry, for whatever reason, then he could easily snap. Both Ollie and Roy know that. As for what Ollie's worried about, it's rather obvious. He's worried about his sister, and the slightest chance of something happening to her as any older brother is like. When you have a younger sister, you become overprotective of them, it's what older brother's do and the writer's have done a very good job at including this into the series making it much more relatable for those of us who have a younger sister.
    As for Thea supposedly deciding suddenly that Ollie isn't the only one not to lie to him, that's a bit extreme. At time's she's had her question's of Ollie (all during season 1), and they were explained at the time either by Moira or Ollie himself. At no stage has Thea had a real reason to believe that Ollie has lied to her at any stage without their being someone coming up with a geniune reason why she's wrong.

Now personally, I'd give this episode probably an 8/10. A lot of good action, though be it some part's being rather questionable (Sara not kicking Huntress's ass to begin with seeming Laurel was indanger at that stage).
    Also the part with Quentin calling the Arrow and Ollie's phone going off was rather sketchy/obvious, and it's rather clear that they are building up to him finding out the truth most likely next episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Lipzo View Post
    The whole not letting the darkness go is going to be a theme for at least the next episode, if not the rest of the season with Oliver wanting to kill slade even though he doesn't want to kill anymore. That in itself is show's that the darkness stay's within you no matter what, and it is also a very true point. Any major mistake that cause's someone else harm does stay with you for ever no matter what.
    I have no problem with it being a general theme (as long as they don't overdo it). I was referring to Laurel in particular. She's had a dark arc this entire season and it was beginning to get tiresome.

Yes he hadn't hurt Thea so far, and yes the mention of her had calmed him down but if Thea where to make him angry, for whatever reason, then he could easily snap. Both Ollie and Roy know that. As for what Ollie's worried about, it's rather obvious. He's worried about his sister, and the slightest chance of something happening to her as any older brother is like. When you have a younger sister, you become overprotective of them, it's what older brother's do and the writer's have done a very good job at including this into the series making it much more relatable for those of us who have a younger sister.
    Yes, but there is another dimension to all this. The fact that Slade is threatening Oliver's family. And just last week they mentioned that Roy was staying close to Thea for that reason. And of course what happens as soon as Roy pushes Thea away? Slade gets too close and basically kidnaps her. So Oliver is made to look foolish for worrying about something that might never come to pass yet and indirectly putting his sister in this predicament. Haven't read any spoilers, but I'm guessing this might be addressed between Oliver and Roy next week.

As for Thea supposedly deciding suddenly that Ollie isn't the only one not to lie to him, that's a bit extreme. At time's she's had her question's of Ollie (all during season 1), and they were explained at the time either by Moira or Ollie himself. At no stage has Thea had a real reason to believe that Ollie has lied to her at any stage without their being someone coming up with a geniune reason why she's wrong.
    I don't think Thea ever believed Oliver was fully honest with her in the past. It felt like she just got tired of asking him to be. If we look at recent events, Thea has been concerned about the tension between Oliver and Moira and he hasn't exactly aleviated them. Heck, he wasn't one bit convincing this week when she asked him if Moira was hiding something. Thea seemed to believe him too easily for her standards..

New In Town
    Concerning Thea and her "You are the only one who doesn't lie to me":

Just an observation from real life, people have a tendency to react to current things with a convenient amnesia towards past things. In other words, we sometimes see things through rose colored glasses. One week I can have a "heated discussion" with the love of my life in which they might accuse me of flirting with someone else, and the next week, due to some current circumstance, that same person might give me a hug and say they are so glad I chose them... seemingly at odds with their attitude last week. I find much of the characterization in this series to line up with my experience, and much of it to miss my experience altogether. But that which appears unrealistic to me, may appear realistic to someone elses experience.

Or we can chalk it up to Television drama and comic book plotlines... either way, I am enjoying this series more than I have enjoyed any television series in a long time.

Hopeless Forum Addict Halberdier17's Avatar
    I loved "Birds of Prey" I thought it was very good; I might have to watch it again to actually articulate what I want to say better.

Posting Pro
    I have no problem with it being a general theme (as long as they don't overdo it). I was referring to Laurel in particular. She's had a dark arc this entire season and it was beginning to get tiresome.
    With the interviews I've seen in relation to Laurel's, it seem's like the writer's have a very clear plan for her and I'm guessing that it's her dealing with a lot of pain, agony and darkness before she finds an outlet for it and takes over the role as the canary (I've spoken more about what I think may happen in another thread).

Yes, but there is another dimension to all this. The fact that Slade is threatening Oliver's family. And just last week they mentioned that Roy was staying close to Thea for that reason. And of course what happens as soon as Roy pushes Thea away? Slade gets too close and basically kidnaps her. So Oliver is made to look foolish for worrying about something that might never come to pass yet and indirectly putting his sister in this predicament. Haven't read any spoilers, but I'm guessing this might be addressed between Oliver and Roy next week.
    Yes I get that he was staying close to her for that reason, but when you have a younger sister your judgement does go out of the window at times.
    As for Oliver being made to look foolish, I don't agree with that at all. Slade is smart enough to find a time when Thea is alone, so even if Ollie hadn't made Roy break up with Thea, he still would've just found another time to kidnap Thea to accomplish his endgame. Even if the kidnapping had been a lot more prominent rather than just offering a lift home.

I don't think Thea ever believed Oliver was fully honest with her in the past. It felt like she just got tired of asking him to be. If we look at recent events, Thea has been concerned about the tension between Oliver and Moira and he hasn't exactly aleviated them. Heck, he wasn't one bit convincing this week when she asked him if Moira was hiding something. Thea seemed to believe him too easily for her standards..
    There certainly have been part's where it seem's she doesn't fully believe him, but to say that she think's he's lying to him I still think it's a bit much. Yes Thea knows that Ollie is keeping things from her, like she could tell with Roy. But the difference being Ollie always came up with a logical reason for what he said/did where as Roy has just been saying that there is nothing wrong/nothing going on.

Loved Laurel in every scenes ! She's back for good and her path to become Black Canary is coming clear. Some explanations about Oliver's tatoo on his back. Donner (was he really the man behind the hostages crisis ? I think it's more Blood/Slade style) being not so clear and loved Laurel/Helena connections (especially about Helena's quote), Oliver/Helena ending scene. So now, Oliver has every right to stay with Sara and Roy none for being with Thea? LOL Just like Sara starting considering herself as a hero.

As for Oliver telling Sara he loves Laurel too : Really? I thought he was done caring about her?
    Last edited by cloisornothing; 03-27-2014 at 09:04 AM.

Solid episode, not as fun as last weeks but still pretty good. They finally gave Laurel good things to do and it was by far one of the best Huntress episodes to date. I like the idea that she has been hunting down mobsters over seas looking for her dad its pretty bad as. I think they ended the hunt for her father perfect and I am excited because now that her origin story plot line is over we can get some more decent characterization other then "Oliver's Psycho Ex GF" spill. She has soooooooooo much more potential then that! On a side note, did anyone else get chills when Oliver called Roy Speedy? I love Roy and I have a feeling that he isnt going to be side lined to much longer.
    P.S. Seriously Thea??? Stranger danger 101, never get into a car with a creepy Australian man with an eye patch. I mean really guys THATS Slade's master plan of kidnapping Thea? "Hey little girl wanna jump in my van and get some candy? Sure Mr. Wilson, I don't mind that you are hiding a mask and a sword under the seat!"

Posting Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by cloisornothing View Post
    Loved Laurel in every scenes ! She's back for good and her path to become Black Canary is coming clear. Some explanations about Oliver's tatoo on his back. Donner (was he really the man behind the hostages crisis ? I think it's more Blood/Slade style) being not so clear and loved Laurel/Helena connections (especially about Helena's quote), Oliver/Helena ending scene. So now, Oliver has every right to stay with Sara and Roy none for being with Thea? LOL Just like Sara starting considering herself as a hero.

As for Oliver telling Sara he loves Laurel too : Really? I thought he was done caring about her?
    The Laurel/Helena connections are all leading to potentially a new Birds of Prey series, as they are trying to keep that door open (which would be amazing with the current cast of Laurel and Helena).
    The difference between Ollie staying with Sara and Roy being with Thea is that Ollie can completely control his anger that he get's and he never even get's close to taking it out on anyone that doesn't deserve it but Roy does, hence the entire stay away from my sister part.

As for Ollie not caring about Laurel, there are multiple way's to love someone. You can love someone as a friend, as a family member or as a lover. When Ollie said he was done with Laurel, I think he meant he was done being in "love" with her, but he still loves her as a friend as they have been a part of each other's lives for so long and they have that much history you can't just turn your back on it.

It was okay. Liked Laurel in this a lot, felt bad for Thea, Huntress wasn't too bad. I am getting sick of Sara...was never sold on her character and I don't like how they limit Felicity and Diggle but I guess not much can be done in an EP like this. Hoping Roy loses half his arm next week and needs an "Arsenal" prosthetic.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast