Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of "Suicide Squad?"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I enjoyed this episode, and found myself rooting for the Suicide Squad completely. What I found interesting was that, aside from Shrapnel, all of the current squad have a bit of honor to them. Tiger didn't bug out when ordered, and Lyla disobeyed orders from Waller to save Deadshot (as did Diggle). The loyalty between the Suicide Squad is very interesting, and I can see why they end up sticking it out no matter what with each other, whether they're working for ARGUS or on their own. Diggle's sympathy for the man he's hated since Episode 4 of Season 1 was great, and very in-character for Diggle, who despite his hatred of Deadshot has a strong code of honor. The fact that even though he helped put all three members of the Squad he worked with away, but was still angry about what Waller did to Shrapnel was what makes Diggle one of the best (and quite frankly most underused) characters in the show.

I think that Laurel is doing her best to be serious about her current path of AA/NA, and that includes forgiveness. I don't mean that she's the only one, Sara does need to apologize, too, and something tells me the interaction between Laurel and her sister's alter ego next week will hopefully give Sara that nudge. Laurel is also looking much better, and I'm beginning to wonder exactly how much of the looks she's been disparaged have been from KC's own actions (chin implant and something else, wasn't it?) and how much of it is more the sort of final touches one can put on in the make up room and in the editing room. In fact, I'd say Laurel looks much more like she did in Season 1 than at the beginning of this season, so with any luck the disparaging remarks (of which I myself have been guilty of on occasion) will be stopping.

One thing this show did in last night's episode was something very few shows do, and it helps to get this show to stand apart from just about any TV show, whether they be normal CW fare or from the other channels. Oliver pushed Sara away, doing the "I must be a noble ass" routine, but Sara wasn't having any of it and basically told him to take that attitude and stuff it where the sun don't shine. All I can say is, about damn time we had a love interest that didn't let the hero push them away. Now, yes, this does sort of seem like a push in the direction of "oh, she's dead", and I'm mentally preparing myself for it, but we have to remember the writers love to turn things on their head for this show.

I love how Slade was basically haunting Oliver in every way he could in this episode, and particularly enjoyed the, "I'm watching you" stance on the roof behind Oliver. Anyone wonder if he just replicated the mask, or if he made the trip to Lian Yu to fetch the original (or sent one of his lackeys to get it).

I think the debate on if Waller is the woman who employed Fyers can likely be put to rest, but I'll wait for full confirmation just because. Also, is it just me, or is the actress trying a little too hard to be intimidating and chilling in her speech? Not to mention, the way she reacted to Oliver's revelation seemed a bit.... off. Whether that was purposeful or not, we'll come to find out soon, I'm sure.

Oh, and we get to see Felicity's neighborhood. That was interesting.

As a sidenote: what the hell is 1141 connection to DC Comics, or Green Arrow? This is the not the first time this number has popped up on the show. The first time I remember it popping up is, oh, right, in the pilot. "Transfer 40 million dollars to Starling City Bank account 1141 by 10 p.m. tomorrow night."

Comment

Originally posted by JDBentz

As a sidenote: what the hell is 1141 connection to DC Comics, or Green Arrow? This is the not the first time this number has popped up on the show. The first time I remember it popping up is, oh, right, in the pilot. "Transfer 40 million dollars to Starling City Bank account 1141 by 10 p.m. tomorrow night."
      Green Arrow's first appearance was in November 1941.

Comment

Yeah this episode was pretty awesome. Loved the Suicide Squad action and could definitely seeing them carrying their own spin-off. Diggle was cool as hell, like usual and loved that we got to see some of his flashbacks. It's a nice break in the story and tension that was built up from the last episode. I really liked seeing Oliver struggle so much with Slade's presence in Starling. It really adds to just how bad ass Slade really is. Amell has being really good stuff this season and has completely grown into the role and made it his own. I also liked the reveal that Oliver and Amanda already know each other because I always wondered how Amanda knew Oliver's identity so that was cool. These last seven episode are sure to be insane.

Comment

Originally posted by Starsaber
          Green Arrow's first appearance was in November 1941.
          Thanks. It's been puzzling me and as I'm not someone who automatically thinks 'date of issue' type things when it comes to Easter Eggs.... So I probably miss a lot more than my comic book loving brother. But I know enough about the characters to get by.... for the most part.

Oh, one thing I forgot to add: I love how they tied in the whole Markovia thing from Episode 12. I was hoping we'd find out who bought that, and I loved it connected to the first mission for the Suicide Squad and the story Dig told to Felicity in Season 1.

Comment

Good episode. We thought Ollie was bad in season one for ceremoniously dispatching people left and right. Waller is 10 times as ruthless. Blowing up a mansion full of prominent people? Shooting down a civilian plane to incite a war (assuming she is Ms. Red Heels)? A.R.G.U.S. sure doesn't seem to have any scruples, except to not cause a huge political fallout.

I found it funny that the one thing Waller didn't plan for was loyalty between the Squad members. I guess she was right in the case of Shrapnel, but how difficult would it have been to have Deadshot leave his eye piece behind as the targeting device for the drone? Or, shutting down the drone when Deadshot bolted? Or, wait till the party was over before sending in the attack? I know, I know, "suspension of belief", "it's an action show." Regardless, I still like to pick on plot logic.

Comment

Oh meant to add: Waller's line about "still mad at me" made me think that she could be the one responsible for putting Oliver back on the island after whatever transpired between them. She couldn't kill him, so she sent him into exile (again).

Comment

Originally posted by KSiteTV
                What did you think?
                The episode was not one of my favorites. As far as the Oliver and the Lance sisters, its getting really really old. I think the Oliver and Sarah relationship is being forced. They have no chemistry. The only thing they have in common is that they can kick ass and they were on the island together. Sarah is a male version of him. So basically he is dating himself. Laurel what the f*** she goes to a few AA meetings and she's cured.

Now the Suicide Squad was great!! I loved seeing Diggles past. Love Love Diggle!! I loved that the writers put in a few easter eggs in like Harley Quinn. I really liked the actor who played Deadshot. He did a great job. We finally seen where Felicity lives. And the surprise ending where Oliver knows Amanda Waller.

Comment

It's a good ep. They dealt with Diggle's backstory (additional character development is good, esp. with the supporting characters) and further developed Deadshot. The origin of the Suicide Squad was handled well, including the quick shout-out to Mr. J's main squeeze, Harley. The down side is that Bronze Tiger was merely a squad member placeholder here, I still know very little about him and he's had mulitiple appearances. He needs an ep. for himself like this, if only for the sake of his character development.

I actually thought the melodrama re: Ollie-Laurel-Sara was dialed down compared to previous eps. All three have had their chance to pout and throw 'ship tantrums in past eps.: we get it, they have relationship issues. If they had a scene involving Laurel and Sara being jealous over Ollie -- and Ollie being clueless/angry about it -- that would have been annoying. I consider the absence of it this past ep. as a good thing in my book.

With regret, this void was filled by Ollie dancing around the secrets 'n lies games with Sara re: his trying to deal with Slade solo. And, it took Laurel to prod him into not pushing Sara away to "protect" her. Another plus is that he's broken his questionable ties with the Russian mob -- this could have been a deal-breaker when he eventually applies to the Justice League.

Now Ollie realizes that he can't go after Slade on his own. He'll need every team member working off the same page to succeed against him.

Comment

I thought that this episode had good ingredients but poor execution. The transitions felt jerky and it seemed like they weren't sure which was the a-plot so they decided to try and focus on both which didn't work. The beginning seemed off, and the suicide squad plot lacked tension. The whole, "you saved my life" thing didn't work since it was unclear in the flashbacks. At some points I was more interested in the Ollie plot than the Diggle Plot. Another thing that didn't help was that, through know fault of the show's, A.R.G.U.S. seems like a lower budget, less cool, version of S.H.I.E.L.D. (the organization). Diggle's neglection in earlier episodes really shows, he's still talking to Lyla? There's been no amount of time spent on Diggle previously and it really hurt the episode.
                    That said, I did enjoy the episode, 7.5/10

Comment

I think this is one of my favourite episodes of Arrow to date. The Suicide Squad were great and the Oliver stuff was good too. I wonder if the Bratva are going to send some people after Oliver now?

The funniest thing about this episode is the fact that the CEO of Queen Consolidated is now living in an underground basement.

Comment

Originally posted by Quark
                        I think this is one of my favourite episodes of Arrow to date. The Suicide Squad were great and the Oliver stuff was good too. I wonder if the Bratva are going to send some people after Oliver now?

The funniest thing about this episode is the fact that the CEO of Queen Consolidated is now living in an underground basement.
                        Actually, it looked like it was in the tower that Sara had used previously. But I'll take another look because it would be odd since he could easily set up some sleeping areas in the Arrowcave. Just seem to recall the Producers mentioning that the clock tower would be being put to use again.

Comment

Originally posted by Quark

This has me thinking of Ollies lairs -
                          An aimless raft floating at sea
                          Some cave on an island
                          A half gone shell of a crashed aircraft
                          a little quality time in an iron cell prison on a ship

Now in light of that, the basement seems like a upgrade, doesn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by NightHawk777

This has me thinking of Ollies lairs -
                            An aimless raft floating at sea
                            Some cave on an island
                            A half gone shell of a crashed aircraft
                            a little quality time in an iron cell prison on a ship

Now in light of that, the basement seems like a upgrade, doesn't it?
                            Good point but I should point out that Oliver was in that gorgeous tree-house on the island in the pilot...

But yeah your right the basement does seem like an upgrade compared to all of that. Maybe he will move in with Roy and Thea next as a step up...

Comment

I have to admit that this was, IMO, the weakest episode of the season. It wasn't bad but it was a...lesser showing. They divided the time between the two plots so that neither was served well. I hope, and expect, this to be a one off.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎