• 1 - Hunt down who ever created this nonsense

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    The artist formerly known as "KryptonSite" KSiteTV's Avatar

Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "Witch Hunt?"

What did you think?

Super Moderator savingpeoplething's Avatar
    Gave it an 8.

A big step up from last week, though. I am enjoying Rebecca Mader and was pleased about how smart Emma was in this episode as well as her plan with Regina. But, overall, I'm still over memory loss, curses, and people being related on this show. Anything I can cling to that doesn't involve any of that is a win.

I am really enjoying this ride. When the WW was able to get past blood spells it was obvious that she and Regina were sisters (although we pretty much knew that was coming). I really did feel bad for Regina - what a weight to carry (not being able to see Henry). But it was great to see Regina get her fire back, especially to destroy Zelena. It's always good to see Emma be "in charge". Finally, the re-introduction of Rumple was great - looks like we get a Gold/Rumple combination this time. I am thinking that the WW sees Rumple as her "secret weapon", which is why she is hiding him.

Hey, I know we didn't see Neal - did we see Belle back in Storybrooke? I don't think so (this epi needs a re-watch).

Stranger Than Reality! darkphoenix21's Avatar
    8 out of 10

I enjoyed the episode. I loved all the jabs about Oz; Regina gets the best lines . It was also great seeing Emma and Regina as a team.

It was also a nice treat to see Meghan Ory back as Red....even if was only for two quick scenes.

The WW being Regina's half-sister was no surprise to anyone. Though now why is she so dead set on getting revenge on Regina; she had nothing to do with Cora abandoning her; there is jealousy for sure but, why? As well as why did she bring back Rumple and why is she hiding him in a cage.

And now that we know new FTL characters were sent back to Storybrook, who else are we going to meet? And where are Neal and Belle?

Jane Espenson works her magic once again.

If there's one person walking this planet who can match Joss Whedon in talent, flair, and wit, it's Jane, and she proved it once again with Witch Hunt, delivering an episode that is not only the best of the series so far, but delivers the types of game-changing twists that mark Joss' best work on BtVS, ANGEL, and Dollhouse.

Jane also demonstrates yet again why she's as good as Joss is when it comes to developing characters, handing Lana, Jen, Jared, and Rebecca material that lets them fully stretch their dramatic chops and showcase their characters in new and exciting ways.

It was fairly obvious that the WWotW/Zalena had some type of connection to Regina even without reading Spoilers, and making them half-sisters creates the kind of personal stakes conflict that a character with Regina's mindset and personality needs to drive their actions while also weaving the web of the series' interconnected mythology even tighter.

Zalena taking an interest in Snow's baby and her having a crazy Rumple in captivity gives us as an audience incentive to hope that the characters figure out a way to stop her sooner rather than later, as well as a reason to keep tuning in, and also serves the same purpose, narratively, that making a soulless Angel the 'Big Bad' of BtVS Season 2 did.

Also, go Robin. It's only a matter of time before you break through Regina's walls, and I can't wait to see it happen.

Forum Whiz
    Quote Originally Posted by darkphoenix21 View Post
    And where are Neal and Belle?
    neal is probably dead and belle is in town as she was at the town meeting and digific its Zelena

Quote Originally Posted by dekabreak1000 View Post
    neal is probably dead
    Why is everyone so convinced Neal's deceased?

Quote Originally Posted by savingpeoplething View Post
    I'm still over memory loss, curses, and people being related on this show. Anything I can cling to that doesn't involve any of that is a win.
    The relation thing is why I gave it an 8. At this point, it's becoming a tired trope for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by DigificWriter View Post
    making them half-sisters creates the kind of personal stakes conflict that a character with Regina's mindset and personality needs to drive their actions while also weaving the web of the series' interconnected mythology even tighter.
    It could also be Regina's motive for casting another curse – even though she keeps reiterating that she didn't (is that a side-effect of the new curse?)

I'm also thinking Snow's baby has something to do with breaking the curse somehow.

^ There's a pretty clear implication that Zelena cast the new Curse, although with the kinds of twists Adam and Eddy have already delivered, it's too early to say that she for sure did so.

Quote Originally Posted by DigificWriter View Post
    ^ There's a pretty clear implication that Zelena cast the new Curse
    Who knows. I just found Regina saying she had "someone to destroy" to be a good motive for casting it again.

Chatterbox Christian moviefan2k4's Avatar
    My only beef with the last two episodes has been the Wicked Witch's makeup. Zelena's skin doesn't look naturally green, but more sponge-painted and not allowed to dry. It looks sloppy and wet, not professional at all.

The scroll to cast the first curse was destroyed by Regina so is this curse different than the first one? In the first one, everyone in Fairy Tale World was frozen until the curse was broken. This time around, the curse hasn't been broken yet Hook who was left behind wasn't frozen. Even though this curse has similarities to the first one, I think it is a different curse and it is possible it was created by someone other than Rumple like maybe Neal. He maybe just as desperate to get back to his son as Rumple was for him that he created a new curse. But if it was Neal, I am not sure why he has not shown up.

Incurable Postaholic DA_Champion's Avatar
    Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
    I found this episode to be on the weak side.

I don't like that everybody is related to everybody else.

Upcoming episode...
    Rumple: Zelena, Cora never told you what happened to your father !
    Zelena: she told me enough ! she told me you killed him !
    Rumple: No Zelena... I AM YOUR FATHER !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SteelyGal View Post
    The scroll to cast the first curse was destroyed by Regina so is this curse different than the first one? In the first one, everyone in Fairy Tale World was frozen until the curse was broken. This time around, the curse hasn't been broken yet Hook who was left behind wasn't frozen. Even though this curse has similarities to the first one, I think it is a different curse and it is possible it was created by someone other than Rumple like maybe Neal. He maybe just as desperate to get back to his son as Rumple was for him that he created a new curse. But if it was Neal, I am not sure why he has not shown up.
    I don't think Neal has enough knowledge of magic to create a curse like this one. I do, however, think Rumple might have created it for the WW, because she forced him to. We don't know what happened to his dagger, so, maybe the witch has some control over it. In fact, if Neal became a flying monkey, and at this point, I wouldn't rule it out (and I do think this is a very strong possibility) and is under the Witch's control, this would give her leverage over Rumple, dagger or no dagger. He would do anything for his son or Belle. We know Neal wanted to find Rumple, and we saw him being attacked by a Flying monkey. So, what if Neal found Rumple, and was turned into a Flying Monkey in front of him?

That would explain why Neal isn't around, and the state Rumple is currently in.
    Last edited by liana; 03-17-2014 at 10:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by liana View Post
    I don't think Neal has enough knowledge of magic to create a curse like this one. I do, however, think Rumple might have created it for the WW, because she forced him to. We don't know what happened to his dagger, so, maybe the witch has some control over it. In fact, if Neal became a flying monkey, and at this point, I wouldn't rule out (in fact, I think this is a very Strong possibility) and is under the Witch's control, this would give her leverage over Rumple, dagger or no dagger. He would do anything for his son or Belle. We know Neal wanted to find Rumple, and we saw him being attaced by a Flying monkey. So, what if he found Rumple, and was turned into a Flying Monkey in front of Rumple?

That would explain why Neal isn't around, and the state Rumple is currently in.
    great point abt the flying monkey & Neal. I wonder if when WW is killed all of the flying monkeys turn back into the people they were?

Excellent ep. Loved rumple in a cage...did NOT see that coming!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast