Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "The Promise?"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rewatched this episode today and I noticed something. Roy already knows that Sara is part of Team Arrow, hence the Black Canary? I know there was that awkward moment last week where Sin hugged Sara even though she supposedly didn't know her, but they didn't show us that Roy had figured the connection..

Like rushkryptonite said, it was like the Arrowcave scenes in Promise took place in a different timeline compared to Time of Death, even though they were supposed to be happening on the same day...

Comment

Wow, good catch rushkryptonite and costas22! The writers clearly must have fallen asleep on the job ! The only thing I can think is that maybe Ollie got stuck in rush hour traffic on the drive from Verdant to the Queen mansion, and so the drive ended up taking hours longer than it should have. Meanwhile, at the Arrowcave, with Oliver gone, the rest of the team decided to throw a party in honor of his absence — hence the reason Roy was already there, training with the bow we've never seen before and just magically appeared for that one scene, and Felicity and Dig were just returning from, I'm guessing, Big Belly Burger.

I could be completely wrong, and in fact Thea is truly the daughter of the magician Zatara! And what's more, she knows it, and has been learning her magician father's secrets for the past several years, and is now quite skilled in her own right. She sent the "911" text to Ollie not in the hopes of bringing him and Moira together to reconcile. No. Rather, she did it to test a spell that propelled Oliver forward in time by a matter of days. And since it's not altogether uncommon for our protagonist to just go missing inexplicably for long periods of time (as evidenced by that time he got shot by Deadshot, or that other time when he came to Queen Consolidated to have a nice arrow-side chat with Moira, who proceeded to shoot him the moment he let his guard up), nobody really took any thought for the matter. And, of course, Team Arrow (sans Oliver) still made merry to commemorate their fearless leader's lack of presence in the Arrowcave.

Comment

Rob, I think it was the Slade-Oliver handshake. That thing was so powerful, it pushed their scene forward in time by a few days.

I just found it weird that we saw Roy working together with Sara and trusting her with Arrowcave business. Especially because the last time we saw them together, they had just met. I'll go out on a limb and predict that the season 2 DVD will feature a deleted scene from Time of Death, where Roy meets Sara at Verdant and he figures out that she's the female vigilante he was looking for earlier in the season. It's just a shame they skipped past that moment.

Comment

the series has numerous time lapse issues. In the Dodger (season 1) there is a time issue where carly and diggle are discussing their disastrous date of the night before (during the day, and walking through a park). the next scene is one at night between McKenna and Oliver at night, in the police station discussing their disastrous date.

Comment

Originally posted by costas22
            Rewatched this episode today and I noticed something. Roy already knows that Sara is part of Team Arrow, hence the Black Canary? I know there was that awkward moment last week where Sin hugged Sara even though she supposedly didn't know her, but they didn't show us that Roy had figured the connection..
            i said this last week! I thought Roy already knew who Sarah was, and Roy knows sin is associated with canary soo...the writers let that slip

Comment

Rob, I think it was the Slade-Oliver handshake. That thing was so powerful, it pushed their scene forward in time by a few days.

I just found it weird that we saw Roy working together with Sara and trusting her with Arrowcave business. Especially because the last time we saw them together, they had just met. I'll go out on a limb and predict that the season 2 DVD will feature a deleted scene from Time of Death, where Roy meets Sara at Verdant and he figures out that she's the female vigilante he was looking for earlier in the season. It's just a shame they skipped past that moment.
              My thoughts exactly. But that's not quite a scene I would have omitted from the episode as it aired. Granted, though, "Time of Death" was pretty full; I'm not sure what they could have cut to make room for a scene with Roy and Sara re-meeting in the Arrowcave.

Comment

I gave this episode an 8. There was some solid acting but I'm not buying Slade's motivation for wanting to destroy Oliver. I had high hopes since they drew out a fantastic journey for Slade. But now that they've revealed him as an enemy, I wanted something more. Hopefully they do a better job convincing us in future episodes.

i loved how team arrow was able to go to Oliver's aid at a moment's notice. That was a pretty awesome scene with everyone surrounding Slade at the mansion.

I can't imagine sara coming out of this season alive. I like her as a character but I think they have to raise the stakes and take out someone close a la tommy. I'm also not convinced she'll be the final black canary. And if she is, they've delivered her too early.

Lastly, cant wait for next weeks episode. I'm finally caught up with the series and next week will be the first episode I see when it broadcasts on TV (:

Comment

Good episode

Good episode,maybe a little slow.It feel they totaly forgot about Dig,he appears just long enough to get knocked out

Comment

Amazing episode. Wish the show was like this on a week-to-week basis!

So action-packed and to the point with pointless filler (Laurel) cut out. It had action and adventure, a clear goal from start to finish, some nice character moments with the past and present coming together. Every time we see more than a few minutes of the island per episode you know it's a good one. This certainly was.

A perfect 10!

Comment

Originally posted by President_Luthor
                      By the same token, Ollie demonstrated in that moment that Sara was more important to him (guilt-ridden as he was about bringing her aboard the Gambit and placing her in this situation). It's not that he didn't care for Shado too -- he did -- but in that split-second he showed his hand. Sara is alive because of it, and Shado is dead.
                      I disagree with you here. I strongly believe the Oliver was trying to sacrifice himself for them both. Ivo, however, being the monster that he is, interpreted Oliver rushing in front of Sara (while the gun was pointed on her) as him choosing her over Shado.

Comment

I enjoyed this episode. Had good action and emotional scenes. A lot of procession since the Odyssey episode. Oliver donned his hood and Slade donned the Deathstroke mask. Those two have been a long time coming. When Oliver pulled a few combat moves that he would have used in the present day to take out the guards I was like about time. In the present day well man where things tense at the Queen house. The only main problem was Slade's motivation for all of this but I did my best to look past that.

Comment

Also the woman that knocked out Diggle was Isabel. You have to buy the season 2 DVD with the higher resolution and freeze the frame.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎