Collapse
No announcement yet.

Batman: Arkham Knight

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update 07/23/14: It’s official! Red Hood story pack DLC is a GameStop pre-order bonus. Last month Rocksteady confirmed that fans who pre-order Batman: Arkham Knight will be able to play as Ha…

They already announced Story mode DLC to play as Harley Quinn if you preorder; today they announced that if you preorder you can also get Red Hood story mode DLC.

But the Red Hood DLC is exclusive to Gamestop.

Comment

ACE Chemicals Part 1: Infiltration the first of three new gameplay videos from Batman™: Arkham Knight. All feature Batman learning about his new foe--- the A...

Infiltrating Ace Chemicals Trailer part 1.

Comment

Batman Arkham Knight is going to be rated M in North America.

Rocksteady didn't plan for an M rating but they said they aren't going to change the game to get a lower rating.

Comment

They're not being very specific when it comes to the Harley Quinn DlC. The adds I keep finding are saying that by pre ordering you get 4 exclusive challenge maps only. No word on the story. But one website is saying that Harley's story is going to be featured in the game the same way Catwoman's was with Arkham City. So I'm guessing just like the Catwoman Dlc, as we play the game we'll be going back and forth between Batman and Harley so you can get the most out of the story. If not her story mode might be part of the season pass.

Then there's the season pass....$40. This is the first time I've ever spent $100 on a game. Especially if you want all the stories. If you buy the season pass you will reason dlc content every month for 6 months, that includes new story missions, more villains invading Gotham, new playable Batmobiles, advanced challenge maps, alternate character skins, and new drivable racetracks.

For PS4 owners you will receive extra stuff such as Scarecrow's Nightmare missions. Are these exactly like the ones in Arkham Asylum? You also get 3 skins, Justice League 3000 batman, classic tv series batman and classic tv batmobile. For those not buying it on the PS4 you'll have to wait until the fall to get these.

Best Buy is giving out dlc for the Wayntech Booster Pack which gives you instant access to Batman's and the Batmobile's upgrades. It's not known if the moves that you are given instant access to will eventually be gained during the main game anyway.

Gamestop is giving out the Red Hood story pack. I wonder if this includes some challenge maps? It's not known if Red Hood is a timed exclusive.

Walmart is giving out the dlc for the Prototype Batmobile.

If you get the game via Steam you get The Dark Knight Returns and Batman Beyond skins.

I preordered mine at Gamestop a month ago. Now I'm just counting down the days until the game comes out. When I buy it I'll have to get the Season Pass as well.

The Season Pass will contain Batgirl: A matter of Family story. It's a prequel that happens between the events of Origins and Asylum. The setting of the Batgirl story takes place in an entirely different setting then the main game.
          The Season of Infamy - Play as Batman in all new story missions featuring legendary super-villains invading Gotham City, with new story arcs, missions and gameplay features.
          Gotham City Stories - play as Batman's Allies in mission telling their side of the story.
          Legendary Batmobiles with custom tracks. Various different batmobiles with their own themed tracks. All Batmobiles can drive on all tracks.
          The Crimefighter Challenge Maps.
          and of course a ton of character skins that show different eras of Batman, Robin, Catwoman, and Nightwing.

Comment

Personnally I just don't preorder games, I'll just wait until the game's out. The DLC announcement in the very first trailer seemed obnoxious and to this day Arkham Origins is still buggy though that had a different dev team.

Comment

Looks like I made the right call not to get this one. Based on a huge number of Steam reviews the PC port is terrible. Locked in 30fps in 2015 is unacceptable not to mention all sorts of stuttering and crashes. Going to the game folder and changing the fps manually can also result in a worse outcome.

Seems like no matter how good hardware you have the game won't run as it's supposed to. Then again Rocksteady apparently changed the system spec requirements the day of release. Sounds a bit iffy to me. Also, apparently at E3 Warner Brothers was all about preorder bonuses and season pass marketing/hype on it's games, at least for Arkham Knight.

Comment

I don't have a gaming system, because I'm basically an addict when it comes to games. It would consume my life. That said, I enjoy watching the playthroughs on YouTube.

I basically hate how much they feature the new Batmobile. It was a neat attempt, an interesting concept to be sure, but it's basically just a mini-game that gets old REALLY fast. I haven't seen the whole game yet, but I've also found the story to be pretty boring. A review I read says the last half makes up for a lot, so hopefully it picks up.

Comment

I finished watching the walkthrough. Very disappointed with the story. Really very sloppy.

Comment

So Warner Brothers pulled Arkham Knight off Steam until the game's fixed up: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJ2wGmsdHBs

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎