GreenArrowTv reviews of "Time of death"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GreenArrowTv reviews of "Time of death"

I loved the reviews of "Time of death":

A slower episode still excels by providing ample character-based material, with a decent one-off villain and special attention to the Lance family.

The confrontation in the hallway between Oliver and Laurel is probably my favourite scene in season two, it was SO intense. I definitely agree with Matt Tucker:

Katie Cassidy, though, kills in this episode and continues on a terrific tear as of late. That scene, the one in the hall where Oliver confronts Laurel, was quite possibly the best the two have shared on the series to date. For the issues with chemistry we’ve noted in the past, they worked wonderfully together here, and perhaps this continued adding of depth and shades to Laurel will give them both better material to play off of each other going forward that will work to correct that oft-mentioned problem. Cassidy’s not done there as she has a wonderful reconnection scene between Laurel and Sara in Verdant, and a note-perfect flash of a scene where Laurel sits down to Quentin’s AA meeting
    The idea/opinion that Katie and Stephen totally lack chemistry has been so entrenched in the “Arrow” fandom that I feel like a rare unicorn for actually enjoying many Laurel/Oliver scenes/interactions. These two many not have chemistry in the sense that their interaction is flirtatious or very sensual. However, in scenes like the one in “Time of death” there is an emotional intensity that I haven't seen so far in the Sara/Oliver scenes, despite the fact that they are the lovers and Laurel/Oliver are the ones who are (for various reasons) at an emotional distance from each other. In my eyes Katie and Stephen manage to convey the sense of a couple with a common history who still care for each other, despite everything, and who have a lot of unresolved feelings.

In fact, I personally find many of the Laurel/Katie scenes more engaging than all “olicity moments” put together, but maybe that's because I feel that a couple need more than an easy-going rapport to make them interesting, and that good acting/writing is just as important as that elusive quality that people call "chemistry". But that's my personal, biased opinion, of course...

I agree about the chemistry thing. I have yet to see any chemistry between Oliver and Felicity, other than he seems to treat her as a dear sister or something like that. She, on the other hand, may have feelings for Oliver but I still really saw a lot of chemistry between her and Barry in a couple episodes than all other combined between her and Oliver.

Laurel and Oliver are reminding me of a couple that has broken off everything, but are still drawn to each other, maybe against their will. If they are ever going to be in a relationship, it will be dragged kicking and screaming, as both of them will probably do everything possible to sabatoge it.

Oliver is cold and calculating, and it wouldn't suprise me if the entire thing with Sara is to continue pushing Laurel away. There is self destruction and mutual destruction aplenty here, imo.

Comment

Originally posted by evaba
      I loved the reviews of "Time of death":

A slower episode still excels by providing ample character-based material, with a decent one-off villain and special attention to the Lance family.

The confrontation in the hallway between Oliver and Laurel is probably my favourite scene in season two, it was SO intense. I definitely agree with Matt Tucker:

The idea/opinion that Katie and Stephen totally lack chemistry has been so entrenched in the “Arrow” fandom that I feel like a rare unicorn for actually enjoying many Laurel/Oliver scenes/interactions. These two many not have chemistry in the sense that their interaction is flirtatious or very sensual. However, in scenes like the one in “Time of death” there is an emotional intensity that I haven't seen so far in the Sara/Oliver scenes, despite the fact that they are the lovers and Laurel/Oliver are the ones who are (for various reasons) at an emotional distance from each other. In my eyes Katie and Stephen manage to convey the sense of a couple with a common history who still care for each other, despite everything, and who have a lot of unresolved feelings.

In fact, I personally find many of the Laurel/Katie scenes more engaging than all “olicity moments” put together, but maybe that's because I feel that a couple need more than an easy-going rapport to make them interesting, and that good acting/writing is just as important as that elusive quality that people call "chemistry". But that's my personal, biased opinion, of course...
      i totally agree with you in everything except Lauriver scenes being better than Olicity! I might be wrong as this is my opinion, but I for some reason, are a huge mad Olicity fan!

Oliver and Laurel convey what a hard but mature all round couple relationship is and should look like and in a starting to appreciate and love more Lauriver scenes as arrow continues! but that scene in time of death In the hallways between Oliver and Laurel was just soo intense and I loved it!!

Comment

Working...
      X
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎