No announcement yet.

"Time of Death" Ratings Report

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Time of Death" Ratings Report

News, spoilers, interviews, photos and information about The CW's Green Arrow TV series, Arrow

Arrow ended up with 2.46 million viewers last night and a 0.9/3 in the target Ages 18-49 demographic, according to initial overnight reports. Needless to say, that’s pretty good, down slightly from the last new episode, but the number could be adjusted (hopefully positively) later!

This is the current ratings as I post this.

I personally think ' Time of Death ' had good ratings, but deserved better/higher ratings/viewers as it was an alround awesome episode and Laurel was so AWESOME (for once lol) in arrow season 2 !

Comment

Could someone tell me how you know Who watches and who doesn't? I live in an elderly/handicap building. There are 25 apartments here. I talk about my favorite show to anyone who will listen.. Now I have every one in this building watching Arrow every week and talking about it... I am 62 and one of the youngest in the building. So many of my neighbors are over 70. They love Arrow.. I'm sure there are many more out there. So when your counting, where do you get your numbers?

Comment

Originally posted by Izzyma
        Could someone tell me how you know Who watches and who doesn't? I live in an elderly/handicap building. There are 25 apartments here. I talk about my favorite show to anyone who will listen.. Now I have every one in this building watching Arrow every week and talking about it... I am 62 and one of the youngest in the building. So many of my neighbors are over 70. They love Arrow.. I'm sure there are many more out there. So when your counting, where do you get your numbers?
        This is wonderful! I though all the posters on this forum were teenagers or at the most, twenty-somethings....and now I find out that there are people here who are close to my own age group (well, I have quite a few more years until I'm 62, but anyway!). I've been feeling like "Arrow" is a bit of a guilty pleasure, especially since it's on a network that mainly targets the 18-34 demo, but now I can relax, since I know that I'm not the only one here who is older than 30. I think you're doing a great job converting everyone in your building to "Arrow" fans and it's supercool that there are 70-year olds out there who love "Arrow"!

Anyway, concerning your question about ratings. Craig can probably explain this better than I can, but the ratings are based on families/households with so-called Nielsen boxes. Here is a Wikipedia article:

So, basically, unless you belong to a Nielsen household, you are not counted, regardless of whether you watch "Arrow" every week. However, it still seems that the Nielsen numbers are quite dependable, statistically speaking. One problem is that they don't really count other viewing patterns, such as all the people who watch the show on the Internet. "Arrow" also has a huge international audience which is not included in the domestic ratings, but which surely has an impact on the network's profits. I would say that "Arrow" probably has a US audience that is bigger than the actual Nielsen numbers, but in comparison to show's on bigger networks like CBS or NBC it's still a quite limited viewership. Here is a quote from an online article:

There's also the fact that The CW is a niche network. A hit show on The CW generally gets ratings that would spell doom on any other network — and part of this is no doubt due to the fact that The CW has fewer affiliates in fewer markets. But The CW is a niche channel, serving a smaller population both geographically and demographically, and it can afford to put on shows that would be money-losers for Fox.
        I have to stop here! Hopefully I'll have more time later on and we can continue the conversation!

Comment

Izzyma, here is a good explanation of how the Nielsen ratings work:

http://tinyurl.com/qa5cxcr

Comment

Originally posted by evaba
            So, basically, unless you belong to a Nielsen household, you are not counted, regardless of whether you watch "Arrow" every week. However, it still seems that the Nielsen numbers are quite dependable, statistically speaking. One problem is that they don't really count other viewing patterns, such as all the people who watch the show on the Internet. "Arrow" also has a huge international audience which is not included in the domestic ratings, but which surely has an impact on the network's profits. I would say that "Arrow" probably has a US audience that is bigger than the actual Nielsen numbers, but in comparison to show's on bigger networks like CBS or NBC it's still a quite limited viewership. Here is a quote from an online article:
            Small difference. It has an impact on the production company's profits, not the network's/ In this case, they're related, but that's not always the case. A show produced by WB could get great international numbers, but if it is aired in the US by NBC or someone like that and doesn't get good numbers, it could get cancelled by them.

The advantage of the producer being separate from the network is that it can be shopped out to other networks. For example, Stargate SG-1 was on Showtime for 5 years before getting cancelled. The Sci-Fi channel (back when it actually aired science fiction) ended up picking it up and airing another 5 seasons (and 2 sequel series). Unfortunately, in most cases, it doesn't turn out that well.

Comment

I'm 14.
              i always thought u guys would be in your 20s never imagined 60s but cool

Comment

Working...
              X
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎