Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Laurel even know about the island?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Laurel even know about the island?

Mr. Honest as Abe Queen takes Laurel to the mat for her behavior but does she even know that he and Sara were held on a ship (tortured) and later the island together? I understand that they were trying to survive but why is no one telling Laurel anything or the whole truth about the past six years? Frustrated with the writing/editing. Certain things are relevant to the viewers.

I am not understanding why Laurel has to be the bigger and more forgiving person on this show?

"...loved you for half my life" but he cheats with her sister! Then picks back up once she reappears. These aren't the actions of a man who carried a picture around of Laurel to survive on the island.

Honest Ollie is unworthy and a hypocrite. Since Sara is Laurel in most aspects perhaps Laurel can go buy a flower shop and work on her transformation. After this episode (2/26) she should probably begin dating Slade to have any relevance in future episodes...IMHO
    Last edited by EveDallas; 02-27-2014, 09:32 AM. Reason: claritu

I Love Laurel. I think she had every right to feel hurt and betrayed by Oliver and Sarah.. And I can understand some trust issues.. But I think she carried her ' Pity Party ' way too far for way too long. There comes a time when you have to build a bridge and get the hell over it.. And after all, she didn't die when that yaught went down. She went to school and became a lawyer and she dated Tommy. Life did go on... It wasn't what she planned, but she did have a life.. As for Oliver, I know he loves her. But I don't believe he's In love with her... If he had any respect for her he never would have gone to her apartment in her fragile state of mind with Sarah.. I think that was a stab in the back from both he and Sarah...
    I don't agree with everything Oliver said to Laurel, but I believe she needed to hear it all. I am looking forward to her getting a great story line and coming out on top.. On top of what, I don't know...

Comment

I agree with you. The character has been written as unsympathetic and unyielding however the manner in which everyone took from her, Oliver and Thea' defenses, her father leaning on her during the absence of Dinah and Sara but essentially disregarding Laurels feelings on learning that Sara was alive and not sharing that with her and even her mother knowing that Sara was going on the boat with Oliver and never telling that story until a possible sighting of Sara in China and even the cross exam of Moira.

Exactly when were the writers going to show us Laurel's vulnerability and pain? When Oliver slams her? The timing was really bad for this take down and the wrong person to take her to the mat? It should more than likely have been her friend Joanna, the attorney. She knows today's Laurel far better than today's Oliver, Sara or even Dinah.

Kind of looking forward to what is going to happen next week but ticked that during Season 1 they showed that Laurel had hand to hand training and maybe more but now she is a complete helpless victim that needs to be saved by Canary or Arrow. SMH.

Comment

Laurel knows about Ollie's time on the island and being tortured as that was shown back in last season's "Damaged", but I don't think anyone knows, besides Ollie of course, what happened to Sara. And the only bit of information Quentin knows is that Sara was taught by the League of Assassins.

Comment

It's very much obvious that Oliver has failed Laurel.

Ok, she's in a very bad situation and she had every reason to blame Sara and Oliver (especially since they're getting back together and they desperately hiding it from her but it didn't work out well) But Douche Oliver (yes, the douche Oliver from pre-island is back for a while right now and doing the same mistakes before the shipwreck right after Tommy's passing away is the worst way to grieving on his best friend's death) can't help blaming her because he has his own issues. I just want Slade to kick him so hard! (and it'll certainly happen)

Furthermore, Douche Oliver does dare saying some moral lessons to Laurel but the poor girl didn't deserve it. However, he was partially right about being done taking the blame : he AND Sara are and were involved in this drama long before the shipwreck because this douche didn't want to cope with his serious relationship statement with Laurel. And now, it's even worse : He didn't do anything to help Laurel, he didn't even tried to talk with her, he didn't comfort her (even if she didn't want talking to him), he just let her go. He let her drawing into her own dark water. Douche Ollie is worse than being an hypocrite, he's as selfish as Sara. And Laurel is rising from her ashes, like a Phoenix.

I'm glad Laurel is now far over from it (even if it's so easy and so quick), she doesn't need that toxic hypocrisy around her, then again, it'll prove that she's a better person than even Ollie and Sara will ever become. And I'm crossing fingers seeing Laurel bonding with Sin. But I didn't want Oliver to make her realize she is a better person than this lost, drunken girl, I wanted her to get back on her feet on her own.

EDIT : And to answer to your question : yes, she knows a bit about the island, just want Oliver wants her to know. But she doesn't know about the League of Assassins (except that one of them tried to kill her).
          Last edited by cloisornothing; 02-27-2014, 10:40 AM.

Comment

I don't recall any mention that Sara was also on the island? Must have missed that. I remember her saying to Oliver that he let her (Sara) drown and that it should have been him during Season 1.

IMO the only way that Laurel gets Sin is if Sara dies. Sin is too committed to Sara...
            Last edited by EveDallas; 02-27-2014, 11:29 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Laurel knows nothing about Sara's time within those six years. I don't think she even knows the full story of what happened with Nyssa and her kidnapping Dinah.

Comment

I remember an episode back in season one where she found out Oliver had been tortured. I think she saw all of those wounds on his body. But she really can't know too much, unless someone other than Oliver and Sara was telling her.

Sara doesn't even know what all happened to Oliver in his first year on the island, the whole Yao Fei thing, Fries, etc.

People are bashing Ollie about Sara, but it takes 2 to tango. Sara has to share as much, if not more, blame then Ollie here. She is literally Laurels sister....

This show is built on an immense amount of lies and secrets. It can't help but fall apart at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by Izzyma
                  I Love Laurel. I think she had every right to feel hurt and betrayed by Oliver and Sarah.. And I can understand some trust issues.. But I think she carried her ' Pity Party ' way too far for way too long. There comes a time when you have to build a bridge and get the hell over it.. And after all, she didn't die when that yaught went down. She went to school and became a lawyer and she dated Tommy. Life did go on... It wasn't what she planned, but she did have a life.. As for Oliver, I know he loves her. But I don't believe he's In love with her... If he had any respect for her he never would have gone to her apartment in her fragile state of mind with Sarah.. I think that was a stab in the back from both he and Sarah...
                  I don't agree with everything Oliver said to Laurel, but I believe she needed to hear it all. I am looking forward to her getting a great story line and coming out on top.. On top of what, I don't know...
                  I had to reply to this as I whole hardly agree with you!! and everyone is saying that Oliver is the hypocrite when Laurel cheated on Oliver with Oliver's best friend Tommy and Laurel isn't a saint either, so I kinda think everyone also needs to build a bridges get over it

Comment

Originally posted by EveDallas
                    I agree with you. The character has been written as unsympathetic and unyielding however the manner in which everyone took from her, Oliver and Thea' defenses, her father leaning on her during the absence of Dinah and Sara but essentially disregarding Laurels feelings on learning that Sara was alive and not sharing that with her and even her mother knowing that Sara was going on the boat with Oliver and never telling that story until a possible sighting of Sara in China and even the cross exam of Moira.

Exactly when were the writers going to show us Laurel's vulnerability and pain? When Oliver slams her? The timing was really bad for this take down and the wrong person to take her to the mat? It should more than likely have been her friend Joanna, the attorney. She knows today's Laurel far better than today's Oliver, Sara or even Dinah.

Kind of looking forward to what is going to happen next week but ticked that during Season 1 they showed that Laurel had hand to hand training and maybe more but now she is a complete helpless victim that needs to be saved by Canary or Arrow. SMH.
                    you gotta good point there, personally I just think Laurel looks bad because her script was written and timed badly so I'm blaming the producers (but not in a bad and harsh way because they have worked and worried very hard on arrow to make it awesome for us!

Comment

You have a decent point there cloisornothing, but I just think you are going just over the top and neither of them are good or bad, but they have all made horrible mistakes, got over them and built a bridge, except laurel who still holds onto all the bad thingys that have happended to her and she needs to solve it and let it go.

Comment

Originally posted by NightHawk777
                        I remember an episode back in season one where she found out Oliver had been tortured. I think she saw all of those wounds on his body. But she really can't know too much, unless someone other than Oliver and Sara was telling her.

Sara doesn't even know what all happened to Oliver in his first year on the island, the whole Yao Fei thing, Fries, etc.

People are bashing Ollie about Sara, but it takes 2 to tango. Sara has to share as much, if not more, blame then Ollie here. She is literally Laurels sister....

This show is built on an immense amount of lies and secrets. Itcan't help but fall apart at some point.
                        totally agree and a great way of stating this! But I think sooner or later, Oliver, Sara and Laurel will come to an understanding of each other and what both Oliver and Sara had to go through on the island was hell, but I guess the secrets and lies isa problem with these types of tv shows and we will have to see what the producers of arrow go about/change this...

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎