No announcement yet.

Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "Time of Death?"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now waiting for next episode "The Promise" which aired on March
    I am excited for this TV show and it’s great.... I like very much!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JDBentz
      I've only a basic understanding of the comics, so I was basing that line of thought on hearing that Sin is the sidekick of the Black Canary the way Roy is to the Green Arrow in the comics.
      Well in the comics, Sin is way, way younger and is adopted by both Black Canary and Green Arrow, so I think, if anything, Sin, in this series, plays a role with just the first Canary(who is Sara). I don't think Sin needs to play a role with Laurel's version of BC.

In fact, mentioning about Sin dying and Sara may end up just walking away from being a hero rather than dying, that's something I could actually see happening.

Comment

Overall this was a good episode and I gave it a 7 which is what I gave Heir to the Demon. A little to much drama with the Lance Family & Oliver/Laurel for my liking (also while I wasn't surprised by the Oliver/Sara hook up, had trouble buying them as anything more than really good friends in this episode) Tying Sin to the back story on the Island ?????? I mean couldn't she and Sara have the great relationship they have now just on the basis that Sara saved her from some creepy guys.....

But that's been really nitpicky.

I liked the couple of moments that 4 of the 5 of the newly minted Team Arrow 2.0 got to play in the field together and love him or hate him - where was Roy? At this point I have to gather than he is a casualty of to many storylines and characters vying for screen time (I mean his scene was cut in Heir to the Demon and he appeared for like 5 seconds in this one)

Big Points for the way they addressed Felicity's insecurities and her feeling left out. They could have written her as jealous/jaded etc. The brief moment that Diggle and her shared when she was pulling the computer apart was nice. (I so miss Diggle - I hope Suicide Squad gives him ample screen time to shine)

The biggest points go to Slade being in the mansion though. It elevated my enjoyment of the episode.

As the WT moment - Oliver selling 800,000 shares in QC as bait? Ummmm I am guessing that the writers picked a big number for a reason. So did he just off load a % of his shares or sell them to the Bank, cause I guess that just leaves it wide open for Isabel to say gotacha in epi 18???????

Comment

It was quite a good episode. Initially I was going with a 7 rating (the drama element of the show dragging it down a bit), but the last scene bumped it up to 7.5. A badass ending with a badass handshake.

- The Clock King was a very intriguing villain. The first to actually outwit Felicity and the rest of the team like this.

- As far as the Lances go, I believe this episode finally resolved everything and set the course for the rest of the season. Quentin and Dinah aren't getting back together and Sara and Laurel have reconciled. Laurel finally coming out of her dark place was great to see. That's one of the aforementioned dramatic parts of the show that was getting tiresome. I loved the scene where Oliver set her straight. Still though, by putting Sara and Oliver back together, it makes it hard to believe how Laurel can ever be fully ok with it. Or how she and Oliver will ever become a pair again..

- The Felicity subplot I wasn't too interested in. That's one of those "everybody can be a hero" themes these shows tend to do from time to time. Didn't think it was needed here anyway. If anything, Felicity's role has certainly grown in season 2. If anyone should be feeling useless at times, it's poor Diggle. The Arrow lair is certainly beginning to get crowded though.

- I loved the little backstory about how Sara got to take Sin under her wing. Gives her nice character depth.

- The cliffhanger was awesome. With Slade officially becoming a part of the present day storylines, hopefully it means more screentime for him.

Comment

Laurel was awesome again, just like Slade.

But Oliver giving her his moral lessons whereas he's lying in front of her, being a douche again and being an hypocrite : I am not buying it ! He left her drowning in her dispair since Tommy's death and didn't do anything for her, he didn't even talk to her ! He just asked her if she was okay, nothing more, nothing less. As I said, she lost her faith in helping people when Tommy died because she couldn't save him.

And seeing Laurel moving on so quickly didn't work for me.

As for Laurel becoming Black Canary : It did confirm to me that she's truly, deeply meant to be Black Canary. And with huge Slade's vendetta against Oliver, it's doubly more effective.

Slade : Bring It On Boy! You rock !

Clock King : much more interesting villain than Shrapnel and Bronze Tiger.

Comment

Anyone else thought Slade kidnapped Thea and messaged Oliver just to meet him in person?

Comment

I loved this episode. The Thea/Merlyn question rises for me again - in Season 1, she accused Moira of having an affairr with Merlyn, and was the cause of her driving while under the influence of vertigo. has Oliver forgotten that? Why is there a need to protect Thea, when she already suspected an infidelity before the gambit went down.
                I loved the Felicity scenes, I loved her uncertainty and the friendship and understanding between her and Diggle.
                Questions that are not addressed -1) where do Oliver and sara call home. Clearly Oliver is not sleeping in the Mansion.
                2) oliver is the only man in the city with a beard. Why does Lance not put 2 and 2 together when he sees both the Arrow and Sara together moments after the cocktail party?

Comment

The island also seems to be the Bermuda Triangle of this DC Universe. Unrelated events are attracted to the island, and when people arrive, they seem to be unable to leave.

Comment

Again an episode with Laurel crying.. everything apparently should be about her.

Comment

I think this was a necessary episode for Laurel, but I'll admit that it did seem rushed -- only because it was a melodrama-heavy episode that covered many fronts. I didn't have so much of an issue with the Ollie-Laurel spat, as on the whole it was an intervention speech (and one she needed). One can't blame Laurel for striking out at the world, as (in hindsight) she had deferred a lot of her post-Gambit/Ollie's return issues since S1 and is only now facing them. She dealt with them with substance abuse, but now she is at least facing the music.

There is a bit of a "dammed if you do, damned if you don't" feeling re: Laurel and the outcome of her story arc, at least through this season. If she continued her descent into personal oblivion, this would disappoint those who want Laurel to turn a corner in her life and get on with becoming, if not BC herself, than at least a more meaningful role on the series. Now that she had apparently turned a corner, it appears this would disappoint those who wanted Laurel to descend into a dark place for whatever reason aka a "heel turn" as an antagonist (I never saw this as something feasible). Or worse, to become a minor plot device who could be put in peril on a whim to give Team Arrow heroic moments. I'd have to say some of this sounds too familiar to the way SV Lois was often discussed. No matter what she did (or sometimes, didn't do), Lois would get slammed for something and not given credit when it was due. I will call out Laurel's character development when warranted, but I will also give her credit this ep. for climbing out of her addiction issues and trying to mend her relationship with Sara.

If it seemed rushed, I'd say it was more due to the winding down of S2 and they had to clear the decks of the bulk of their S2 melodrama issues. I'd rather they dealt with them now than drag them into the finale or even into S3.

By the same token, everyone was affected by Ollie's absence and with the less-than-ideal home life at the Queen mansion, Ollie was also on edge. So he snapped at her. Ideally he could be a bit more understanding, especially in the context of Quentin's belated apology for being harsh with Ollie back in S1. Quentin misdirected his anger at losing Sara -- and, justifiably, Ollie's cavalier attitude with both his daughters -- by placing the blame on Ollie for all that transpired, including the fallout in his family. Maybe Quentin might have second thoughts if he knew that Ollie and Sara are an item now.

They're setting up Sin to be one of the more intriguing story arcs and I'll be looking forward to it. The secrets 'n lies dance continues with Ollie-Moira re: Thea, which I'm not fond of -- and while Ollie should get some credit for pulling Laurel out of the darkness with his speech, he's totally dropping the ball with his own sister. At least she senses something's up. Thea's going to get a raw deal by season's end and it could all have been avoided.

Who'd have thought that Diggle would be the "voice" of the shippers, haha. Next he'll be setting up surprise Olicity dates. Stop fueling the fire, man!

Comment

Originally posted by Ica013
                        Overall this was a good episode and I gave it a 7 which is what I gave Heir to the Demon. A little to much drama with the Lance Family & Oliver/Laurel for my liking (also while I wasn't surprised by the Oliver/Sara hook up, had trouble buying them as anything more than really good friends in this episode) Tying Sin to the back story on the Island ?????? I mean couldn't she and Sara have the great relationship they have now just on the basis that Sara saved her from some creepy guys.....
                        I too had a problem with the idea that, once again, the island has a relation to Starling City where now Sin's father just happened to pass by the island, but I can let it go as comic book movies, comic book cartoons, and even comic books themselves have coincidences like that.

Originally posted by Arrowaddict22
                        I loved this episode. The Thea/Merlyn question rises for me again - in Season 1, she accused Moira of having an affairr with Merlyn, and was the cause of her driving while under the influence of vertigo. has Oliver forgotten that? Why is there a need to protect Thea, when she already suspected an infidelity before the gambit went down.
                        Well knowing about Moira's infidelity is one thing since you're right, Thea did accuse Moira of such, but knowing that she's actually Malcolm Merlyn's daughter when she was a daddy's girl to Robert, it would greatly break her heart.

Originally posted by Anu
                        Again an episode with Laurel crying.. everything apparently should be about her.
                        Isn't that how you feel about Castiel and SPN?

Comment

This show feels like a soap opera nowadays.

Comment

Originally posted by Anno_Domini
                            I too had a problem with the idea that, once again, the island has a relation to Starling City where now Sin's father just happened to pass by the island, but I can let it go as comic book movies, comic book cartoons, and even comic books themselves have coincidences like that.

Isn't that how you feel about Castiel and SPN?
                            Well, I don't really watch SPN that much anymore. So I don't know.

Comment

If more soap operas are like this, then I'd be a fan.

Comment

Good episode to return with as Clock King is something that's a great threat to Team Arrow as he took out the Arrowcave's computers.

We get to see what effect Sarah's presence in the team has on Oliver, Diggle, and Felicity and out of all of them, Felicity starts to feel left out because she's non-combative person in comparison to Oliver, Diggle, and Sarah. Since Sarah infringed in Felicity's territory, Felicity decides to go out into the field to prove her worth to the group. Having Sarah in the group is one thing, but having Roy in the group is going to be another matter for next week.

About time Oliver decides to call out Dinah Laurel on her recent behavior ever since this season started and pointed out the very reason many viewers dislike her. That scene has paid off in the end scene between Dinah Laurel and Sarah.

Interesting revelation on why Sarah looks after Sin since she returned to Starling City as well as working at Thea's club as a bartender.

The ending where Oliver learns that Slade is alive in the present and in his house is what made it worthwhile as I look forward to the next episode.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎