11 30.56%

4 11.11%

2 5.56%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

1 2.78%

0 0%
  • 1 - I need a 12 Steps program to forget this episode happened.

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    The artist formerly known as "KryptonSite" KSiteTV's Avatar

Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "Time of Death?"

What did you think?

Hopeless Forum Addict Halberdier17's Avatar
    I thought it was awesome.

Some things I like: Ollie now knows Slade is alive, William Tockman was a great villain and when Felicity beat him he said "Tempus Fugit" which is Latin for time flies; in Batman the Animated Series Clock King's name was a play on that phrase, we now know how Sara and Sin know each other, I liked that Ollie called Laurel out and than Laurel apologized to Sara.

New In Town
    This was unexpectedly one of the best episodes I've seen in a long while, so many secrets revealed and many threads came wonderfully together to steer us to the final stretch of the season.

New In Town
    Quote Originally Posted by Halberdier17 View Post
    When Felicity beat him he said "Tempus Fugit" which is Latin for time flies; in Batman the Animated Series Clock King's name was a play on that phrase.
    I'm impressed someone else noticed this so quickly. Bravo.

Settling In
    Great episode but I was far too excited by what next weeks episode will bring that I didn't quite pay attention to this episode till the end. Cool that felicity helped save the day with her brains and brawn (what little there is). I'm glad to see laurel finally is done sitting at rock bottom and is starting to redeem herself, even though I don't like her.

Its cool to see how Sara and sin are connected too.

its funny how Roy knows sin works with canary and sin knows Roy works with arrow, but neither know who the other is ha.

"It's a pleasure to meet you....Mr. Queen..."

Settling In
    Just a thing I noticed, what was with the look Roy and Sara gave to each other when Sara arrived at the party at the queen mansion? Anyone else notice something. Funny about that?

I REALLY liked how they gave Sin a bit of a backstory even with it being focused in only a few scenes. So does that make Sin…16, 17?

And holy crap did Ollie's blood just boil to the max when he saw Slade, lol(although I don't understand why he didn't hear Slade's voice clear as day when he called out for Moira).

I also, finally, appreciated Laurel in tonight's episode. Finally Ollie put some sense into her. Also glad that Clock King is out, but not dead. Wonder what we can see in the future with him.

And I totally forget…does Lance know that Sara is the Canary? Wonder why that isn't such a big deal to Lance or Dinah now.

This was a solid episode on several fronts:

I liked the Clock King story, even though it was really the subplot. I'm a Robert Knepper fan from his Prison Break days and it was a good introduction of a villain who can re-appear. Of course I'd like to see more of him in the series -- we need to see more of him, he's too talented to waste! -- but as an introduction it was a pretty solid one (and wisely, they didn't kill him off. T-Bag lives!)

Ollie and Laurel: For more than a season and a half, Ollie and Laurel's relationship issues were in a holding pattern (their rushed hookup and Tommy's death only clouding the unresolved issues that remained). Their blow-out argument was long overdue and things needed to be said. I saw it as Ollie giving her the intervention speech she needed. I still can't give him a pass though on hooking up with Sara, not only because of the baggage he has with both sisters but due to crossing the line re: unspoken sibling code of not sniffing around/hooking up with the other's past/current love interest.

Other than that, they handled that scene rather well (it could have easily into shippery jealousy crap - it didn't, thankfully ). Ollie not trusting Laurel and/or running to her rescue could come back to haunt him re: Blood-Slade conspiracy.

They will need to co-operate to take down Blood, with Slade's appearance in his own house as a reminder that the Arrow still has work to do.

Felicity and Sara: Felicity was the alpha-girl of Team Arrow and along comes trained-by-the-League Sara who can analyze blood and use computers. The set-up to that was pretty good, with the warriors comparing battle wounds. The shippers will love Ollie's 'you'll always be my girl' line, but I didn't take it that way. Felicity was concerned she may lose her unique place on Team Arrow, one that she has earned. The Clock King's attack on the den/cave shook her confidence. Now that they've been in battle together and survived, it'll be interesting to see how the team goes from here.

The Lances: Again the set-up didn't seem out of the blue. Nice touch also with Quentin apologizing for being too hard on Ollie the year before. Quentin was trying to re-create his fantasy of a reunited Lance family (since before the Gambit sunk) but everyone is in different places. His wife has moved on, Sara is a different person and Laurel, despite her addiction issues, saw that the family dinner was anything but and that the Lances all had unresolved issues. Laurel making peace with Sara was a great way for them to get out of Laurel's never-ending descent story arc, because it was starting to stretch credibility that Laurel had no one to turn to. Laurel attending AA put the rest the lingering concern that her character was never going to climb out of her despair.

Odds and ends:

-Quentin being face-to-face with his daughter in costume and her ex in costume and being oblivious to it all. Either he's playing it cool, already knowing who both of them are -- or those masks really do conceal their identities well. Hey, if a pair of glasses can throw Lois off Supes' identity, masks can do the same to detective cops off their game.

-Ollie keeping lies to protect Thea, who clearly senses the tension between Moira and son. Whereas Ollie and Laurel have essentially stopped playing the secrets and lies game now, Ollie is still playing it re: his own sister. Most likely to get a (devastating) Secrets and Lies blind-side by season's end: Thea. Ollie ... have you met Clark and Lana from Smallville?

-Sin steals every scene she's in.

-Good things in the Verdant nightclub: Sara and Laurel's heart-to-heart. The bad? Why does Sara have to work in the club, too, other than just to provide her the convenience in running downstairs whenever Team Arrow is on-call? Roy's there, Thea's running it, Ollie hosts parties there every other week. All they need is Sin being a floater on weekends, Quentin doing some off-the-books security consulting and Laurel drawing up employment contracts and they won't even have to leave the building to look for drama.

The melodrama was heavy, but a case can be made that in this instance it was of necessity. There were many issues lingering among them, with Laurel's descent being the big unresolved one til now. It's possible they could have salted some of them in future episodes, but overall it provided a necessary resolution to the 'When's Laurel going to turn a corner?' conundrum, the Lances situation and the new dynamic in the Arrow cave with a (sort-of) newer member joining the inner circle. It was a case of now-or-never in ironing out some of the many issues brewing since earlier this season.

One of the stronger episodes this season, with more than a few DC easter eggs. I really liked this one.

New In Town
    Quote Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
    And I totally forget…does Lance know that Sara is the Canary? Wonder why that isn't such a big deal to Lance or Dinah now.
    Yep, see episode "League of Assassins"

Posting Pro
    Okay, I'm still recovering from the final scene of the episode, so if I seem a bit off in my review, blame that.

Clock King is a genius, timing everything to the last second. Anyone else thing that Robert Knepper at least partially based his character on Michael Scofield from Prison Break? I've never seen the Clock King previously, so that's the only reference I have, which Knepper starred on as T-Bag. The preciseness, and the price the thug paid for deviating and then threatening the Clock King was great and they really made it work well with the episode. Sara's bonding with the team was pretty good, and they handled it well. It makes sense, IMO, for her to bond more quickly with Diggle due to shared experiences, but I think she has a soft spot for Felicity, just like Ollie and Diggle do. She took the time to teach her how to punch (though clearly Felicity put too much force, if her expression is anything to go by), and helped patch her up. Also, did anyone else get a grin on their face when Diggle revealed he gave Felicity Oxy?

Familial tensions is the name of the game in this episode, but while the Lance family is beginning to go on the mend, the Queen family is slipping further into dysfunction. I love how Thea isn't just sitting on her butt and letting Moira and Oliver work things out on her own; instead, she's taking action to get the two of them in the same place. It appears that Slade might not be romancing Moira (yet), but we'll see how things go in next week's episode (insert wordless scream of denial at a week's wait). In the Lance family, Quentin appears to have hoped Dinah would want to get back together, and unfortunately got his heart stepped on. I feel sorry for him, but come on, six years? That's a bit too long, pal. I think he figured she'd spent most of her time not teaching looking for Sara and that she hadn't met anyone. Laurel's reaction was to be expected, but the part I really loved was the scene between Laurel and Oliver in the hallway. Allow me to elaborate below before judging what I mean.

Laurel has been in a downward spiral, as we all know, and fans (whether they're pro-Laurel, neutral, or hate her) have been continuously commenting on her attitude. Turns out, the writers were building up to this moment where Oliver finally gets fed up and says everything we fans have been saying, in a way giving a nod to the fans themselves. He really gave it to her, and what surprised me was that she did end up being the person he was giving up on, but not in the way I would've thought. His statement of having loved her for half his life confirms that she ended up being the high school crush, and sorry, I know for a fact that that don't happen.... at least not in a way than ends well for the most part. There's maybe a handful of those.... but anyways, back to Laurel. This lecture gave her the kick in the pants she needed, along with what she revealed to Sara at the end of the episode. Whether Laurel becomes the Black Canary in the future or not, they've done a good job of making her character become more likable. She might have a bit more to go before people aren't going to be all "Argh, get killed!", but she's on the path to recovery now. I think seeing Oliver lose his cool like that really shook her up since she hasn't seen him do that since 1x21. One thing they've done is they've set the stage so that Sara can continue being the Canary, or that Laurel can possibly take her place in the future; we'll see, I guess.

That said, unless Laurel ends up getting a sisterly bond with Sin as well, the likelihood of her becoming the Canary is slim, unless Sara gives her the photo from the Island and tells her to look after her before dying.

Now, of course, the ending was the real crazy thing. I just love how Slade shakes Oliver's hand and says, "It's a pleasure to meet you, Mr. Queen." Did anyone else get flashbacks to Fyers and his "Mr. Queen" comments on the radio in Season 1? Because I sure did....

Mild Mannered Reporter CK_ALL_DAY's Avatar
    Everything about this episode was GREAT! And that was before the ending with Slade haha, for some reason I didn't recognize his voice when he asked Moira if everything was alright so I was completely caught off guard when it turned out to be him. I don't even know how I'm going to make it a whole week for the episode

Quote Originally Posted by JDBentz View Post
    That said, unless Laurel ends up getting a sisterly bond with Sin as well, the likelihood of her becoming the Canary is slim, unless Sara gives her the photo from the Island and tells her to look after her before dying.
    I don't think Sin is even a necessity for Laurel to become the next Canary. Sin could die much earlier in the game. In fact, her death could become a factor even for why Sara may abandon that name and she may not even die.

Posting Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
    I don't think Sin is even a necessity for Laurel to become the next Canary. Sin could die much earlier in the game. In fact, her death could become a factor even for why Sara may abandon that name and she may not even die.
    I've only a basic understanding of the comics, so I was basing that line of thought on hearing that Sin is the sidekick of the Black Canary the way Roy is to the Green Arrow in the comics.

This episode was incredible. Goodness I love this show!

Forum Regular
    This episode was absolutely TERRIFIC! Honestly, I don't think I have a single complaint — and that's surprising to me, to be honest, because when I heard the "[this will be the most] Brothers and Sisters episode [we've ever done]" description, I was prepared for it to be something of a disappointment.

The high points for me were (in no particular order)...

1. The Clock King
    2. The ending (you know what I'm talking about )
    3. Oliver's conversations with Moira and Laurel... especially the hallway-chat between him and Laurel
    4. The mystery of the dead pilot's daughter (Sin, anyone?)

But... wow... this episode was, again, TERRIFIC! Can't wait for next Wednesday!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast