Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Banned
    There might only be ONLY three seasons of the series according to Nic Pizzolatto

With its anthology nature allowing a complete change of cast, story and tone every season, HBO's "True Detective" could theoretically go on indefinitely. The show's creator Nic Pizzolatto however says that he can't see the series going beyond 2016.

Appearing at the Banff World Media Festival, Nic Pizzolatto told the Calgary Herald that he doesn't really have plans for the show to last beyond a third season due to the show's demanding work schedule:

"I can't imagine I would do this more than three years. I mean, I'd like to have a regular TV show. We'll have some fixed sets, regular actors and I could bring in people to help and I don't have to be there every second. It'd be great."
    He adds that it's the very difficult to produce due to the anthology nature of the show, which requires him to start from scratch each season and write every episode, and it limits how much he can do.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/325...-three-seasons

This Is The Way!!! darkphoenix21's Avatar
    True Detective Season 2 Eyeing Colin Farrell

EXCLUSIVE:
    Since the staggering success of HBO’s limited series True Detective with Emmy nominees Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harrelson, speculation has been rampant about who might take part in the show’s second season. I can tell you that Colin Farrell is deep in negotiations to play one of what is expected to be three main roles in Season 2. HBO has been mum about cast so far, as rumors have swirled that Jessica Chastain and some others will be one of the other leads. HBO would not confirm any of the potential castings, but I am confident that Farrell will be in the cast.

Like McConaughey and Harrelson, he seems the ideal movie star to take a leap and immerse himself in writer Nic Pizzolatto’s follow-up to a game-changing first season. Pizzolatto has set a high bar for himself, but the idea of taking movie stars and allowing them to play in this sandbox with such rich character development that isn’t possible with two-hour time constraints, and then go back to their movie careers, is something that will continue to draw big names if the payweb can keep the storytelling bar high.

http://m.deadline.com/2014/07/colin-...e-detective-2/

Taylor Kitsch is also the leading candidate for the younger male lead.
    Last edited by darkphoenix21; 07-11-2014 at 03:58 PM.

Banned
    Colin Farrel could be good if he's on his game.

I wonder what happened to them picking two female leads this time round?

Banned
    Season 2 rumours:

Earlier today, we found out that Vince Vaughn was in talks for season two of True Detective, and now we have another bit of exciting casting news, with The Wrap reporting that Mad Men's Elisabeth Moss is circling the female lead. The article claims that Michelle Forbes (The Killing) is likewise in talks for a key role, and that, as rumored, Colin Farrell and Taylor Kitsch are also nearing deals.

The second season of “True Detective” will follow the death of Ben Caspar, the corrupt city manager of a fictional California city who's found brutally murdered amid a potentially groundbreaking transportation deal that would forever change freeway gridlock in the state. Three law enforcement officers from different cities and branches of the government are tasked with finding out who did it. They soon discover their investigation has much broader and darker implications than they initially thought.
    Caspar's 52-year-old corpse is found on a lonely stretch of Pacific Coast Highway near Big Sur — his eye burned out, genitals cut off and satanic symbols etched on his chest. It turns out he had a penchant for rough sex and may have been involved in the occult.
    We also have some new character breakdowns, and true to form, there are more damaged public servants with shady pasts than you can shake a stick at: Vaughn is apparently in talks to play Frank Seymon, a "thug-turned-businessman" attempting to help a local mayor push through a deal for a high-speed railway system, while Moss would play Ani Bezzerides, a "tough, no-nonsense Monterey sheriff" with a troubled upbringing and a penchant for gambling and booze. Farrell would play Ray Velcoro, a tumultuous and "barely functioning coke-head with anger issues" who works for Frank, while Kitsch is in talks to play a military vet turned highway patrol officer — who, yep, also has some issues! — who has been put on leave for soliciting oral sex from a girl he pulls over while on shift.

http://www.vulture.com/2014/08/elisa...witter_vulture

Colin Farrell Reportedly Confirms Season 2 Role

The Dublin-born actor reportedly told Ireland’s Sunday World, “I’m doing the second series. I’m so excited. I know itwill be eight episodes and take around four or five months to shoot.”

But...

It's still not an official confirmation of Farrell’s casting.

http://tvline.com/2014/09/21/colin-f...confirmed-hbo/

Banned
    Justin Lin (Fast & Furious, Scorpion) will direct the eight-episode season.

Colin Farrell and Vince Vaughn will star in season two of True Detective.

Farrell will play Ray Velcoro, a compromised detective whose allegiances are torn between his masters in a corrupt police department and the mobster who owns him. Vaughn is set as Frank Semyon, a career criminal in danger of losing his empire when his move into legitimate enterprise is upended by the murder of a business partner.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...hn-star-735149

Banned
    Rachel McAdams is said to be locking down the lead role in season 2. Sources tell Variety HBO has offered McAdams the part opposite Colin Farrell and Vince Vaughn.

Taylor Kitsch is expected to land the role of the fourth lead.

http://variety.com/2014/tv/news/rach...ad-1201302327/

Tiny Detectives with Kate Mara and Ellen Page

The internet was unhappy with the casting of 'True Detective' season 2, so the creators have started from scratch with an entirely new show.

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/1a7...and-ellen-page

True Detective Adds Abigail Spencer, Michael Irby and Others for Season 2

HBO is putting finishing touches on the cast for the second season of True Detective ahead of the Friday table read. I have learned that Kelly Reilly (Black Box) is finalizing a deal for a regular role, while Michael Irby (Almost Human), Abigail Spencer (Suits) and Leven Rambin (Hunger Games) are either set or close to deals for recurring roles.

Reilly and Spencer had been on the short list of actresses invited to meet with True Detective creator Nic Pizzolatto for the female lead, which was ultimately offered to Rachel McAdams, but sources cautioned at the time that Pizzolatto was eyeing some of the actresses on the list for other parts.

Season 2 of True Detective revolves around three police officers, played by Colin Farrell, Taylor Kitsch and McAdams, and a career criminal (Vince Vaughn) who must navigate a web of conspiracy in the aftermath of a murder. Reilly would play the self-possessed Morgan. Irby is poised to play McAdams’ partner, now named Elvis. Rambin would likely play Sophia, a beauty with a history of drug problems, while Spencer is in line to portray Alicia, the survivor of a sexual attack.
    http://deadline.com/2014/10/kelly-re...bo-1201267990/

I'll definitely tune in to the first episode. But the second season has big shoes to fill.

Season Premiere Tonight

The series has finally gotten a renewal with a Mahershala Ali led S3 Hopefully the third times the charm after the poor reception S2 got.

http://tvline.com/2017/08/31/true-de...ahershala-ali/

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123