Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mild Mannered Reporter CK_ALL_DAY's Avatar

True Detective (HBO)

The newest drama series from HBO starring Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harrelson

True Detective is a new series on HBO that follows the lives of detectives on various cases. Each season is said to star two new detectives and the viewers follow these characters throughout the solving of a crime. The first season will star Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harrelson in the eight-part drama series. This is sure to be one of HBO's biggest hits since The Wire. A crime procedural done right: on HBO.

True Detective is well into it's first season already but I felt like this show definitely needed it's own thread. It's good place for all of us who have been watching it to discuss and also hopefully interest others looking for a good show to start watching. In my personal opinion, six episodes in, it's already one of the best shows I've ever seen. It ranks up right up there with the likes of The Wire, Breaking Bad, Dexter, Justified, The Sopranos, Mad Men, and House of Cards.

This Is The Way!!! darkphoenix21's Avatar
    I've seen the first 3 episodes. Its pretty good. I'm just waiting for all episodes to air to binge watch it. This seems to be the new trend on TV. Each season is a miniseries with a new plot and characters per season.

Quote Originally Posted by darkphoenix21 View Post
    I've seen the first 3 episodes. Its pretty good. I'm just waiting for all episodes to air to binge watch it. This seems to be the new trend on TV. Each season is a miniseries with a new plot and characters per season.
    That's great! The next two episodes are amazing and will have you asking even more questions than you probably already have . After episode 5, you'll wanna go back and re-watch the first 3 episodes because you don't realize exactly how much you've missed. It's truly one of the darker shows with a lot of creepy elements to it but with great characters.

And I kind of like that they will be starting fresh next season with new plot and characters but I hate that we only get one season of McConaughey and Harrelson because they work so well together.

Banned
    This looks good and i've heard good things about it not watched it though.

Time to rectify that.

Quote Originally Posted by maasaloo View Post
    This looks good and i've heard good things about it not watched it though.

Time to rectify that.
    Definitely, you won't be disappointed.

Banned
    You were right CK great show I've just watched the first episode and it was a great and intriguing start. I'll try to catch up with you guys. What are you guys on episode 6?.

You were right CK great show I've just watched the first episode and it was a great and intriguing start. I'll try to catch up with you guys. What are you guys on episode 6?.
    Yeah episode 6 was the latest to air.
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Doena View Post
    The topic of how women are treated on the show is common. I understand it, how female viewers might be turned off by it. I just think they've missed the point of it. It's there for a reason, it's a theme of how men treat women in that story, from the killings and abuse to the cheating and abandonment. Sure objectifying women on the surface looks bad but there is a deeper meaning to it in this show than just simply doing it for the sake. It's one of the meaning underlying themes of the show and they are only going to get stronger in these last two episodes.

Banned
    Okay i've watched episode 1, 2 and three today and I can see what that article is saying in regard to the woman portrayed on this show DJ linked to. it's a show that I like buy yeah its' got a a few questionable attitudes. Hopefully they do improve on that.

Banned
    I've caught up with you guys today watched episode 4,5 and 6. Looks like where about to come full circle with them back into investigating the cases in 2012.

Incurable Postaholic DA_Champion's Avatar
    Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
    I watched episode one, good stuff.

I've caught up with you guys today watched episode 4,5 and 6. Looks like where about to come full circle with them back into investigating the cases in 2012.
    Time is a flat circle my friend

Quote Originally Posted by DA_Champion View Post
    I watched episode one, good stuff.
    Awesome, it only gets better.

This video right here is why this show is so awesome from all aspects: acting, directing, writing, production, choreography. The amount of work put into to this scene alone is incredible. Over six minutes of one single take, just awesome.

Banned
    So episode 7 was good but it wasn't as good as the previous episode. Expected really setting up next weeks last episode of the season.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast