No announcement yet.

Is Felicity the new Chloe Sullivan?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Felicity the new Chloe Sullivan?

I have always seen similarities between Felicity Smoak and Chloe Sullivan. The cute and sometimes funny one, with the one-liners. But today, it became more clear that they are a lot a like. Because Chloe also became very annoying and weird with her self-rightousness and thinking that she was doing good. When she was a hypocrite. I'm fearing that Felicity is the same. Because she told Oliver, it wasn't her place at all. At all.

I thought this was a foregone conclusion ever since Felicity had googling eyes over Ollie, lol.

While Felicity wasn't created just for the series as Chloe was for SV, the similarities are pretty clear and out there. I just hope, at the end of Arrow, Felicity is given a much better ending.

Comment

In Smallville Chloe tended to annoy me, but Felicity is looking out for her friend. It may not have been her place as such, but Oliver had a right to know and Moira made it obvious that she was never going to tell him. I think this really opens up the last part of the season as now it is more than Moira, Malcolm and Walter who know the truth.

Comment

Lana was the one that was annoying me, much like the way Laurel is portrayed on the show, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Anno_Domini
          Lana was the one that was annoying me, much like the way Laurel is portrayed on the show, lol.
          I totally agree with you! Chloe and Felicity have some similarities, but they have their differences... I love them both

Comment

Originally posted by Anno_Domini
            If they want to send me over the deep end, the best way is to cancel Arrow and replace it with a whole new series starring Lana Lang and Laurel Lance.

But I sincerely hope Felicity isn't the new Chloe, 'cause that just means that Diggle is Pete. Diggle already has the misfortune of being the protagonist's nearly useless black friend, who, as was the case with Pete, will inevitably disappear after Season Three, only to show up once (unnecessarily, of course) after many years have passed, leaving the Arrow fan-base scratching our heads, wondering why even returned to begin with.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob14
              If they want to send me over the deep end, the best way is to cancel Arrow and replace it with a whole new series starring Lana Lang and Laurel Lance.

But I sincerely hope Felicity isn't the new Chloe, 'cause that just means that Diggle is Pete. Diggle already has the misfortune of being the protagonist's nearly useless black friend, who, as was the case with Pete, will inevitably disappear after Season Three, only to show up once (unnecessarily, of course) after many years have passed, leaving the Arrow fan-base scratching our heads, wondering why even returned to begin with.
              The only difference is, Pete Ross was completely useless. Diggle is former military, he can handle himself in combat (despite him getting shot by Shrapnel) and he serves a purpose on the team (although from time to time, they lose track of that). I can't see them writing him out any time soon, or at least I really hope they don't as we need closure on H.I.V.E and why they wanted his brother dead

Comment

Originally posted by IAmTheArrow
                The only difference is, Pete Ross was completely useless. Diggle is former military, he can handle himself in combat (despite him getting shot by Shrapnel) and he serves a purpose on the team (although from time to time, they lose track of that). I can't see them writing him out any time soon, or at least I really hope they don't as we need closure on H.I.V.E and why they wanted his brother dead
                I truly hope they don't write him out, since he was definitely one of my favorites in Season One. But fan reaction to the character has, from what I understand, been mainly positive, so it seems very unlikely that they'll remove him any time soon.

You're absolutely right, though: Pete Ross was completely useless!

Comment

Yes I think which is pretty funny & ironic that the Ollie marries Chloe but I love Felicity but her & Ollie are just never going to happen & if it does it wont last because even though I dislike her character In Arrow Laurel is Ollie's Lois & that's going to happen eventually.

Comment

Hard to tell. Each show is different after all. From my perspective, she's losing her endearing qualities a lot faster than Chloe ever did. I was rewatching some of the earlier season 2 episodes and for whatever reason, they've made her more confontational, intrusive (still don't know why she dug so much into Temptest when she had no right to) and dramatic compared to last season. Imo Team Arrow had a better dynamic in season 1 with Felicity as the light hearted character and Diggle more involved.
                    Last edited by costas22; 02-08-2014, 02:20 AM.

Comment

I really didn't find Chloe annoying until after Kristen Kruek left and she went from being primarily a supporting character to a character who became a focal point and put onto a pedestal. I cringed every time the show runners used the term "time to shine".

Felicity isn't anywhere close to being as bad as Chloe was from at least season eight onward.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob14
                        Oh Lord, the horror

The Misadventures of L&L would be the title.

I don't think the similarities could go that far, mind you. I've only brought up that Lana and Laurel are annoying in a similar fashion, BUT unlike Smallville, Laurel plays the role of Lois too as she is the one Ollie is meant to be with. Saying Chloe and Felicity have certain similarities doesn't mean all of Arrow's character have some sort of parallel to any of SV's characters. In fact, we're halfway into season two, and Diggle's past and his backstory is still coming up, which wasn't with Pete in season two and he became so boring already even after finding out Clark's secret that he just had to go in season three and it was pitiful how the writers just stopped caring about Pete Ross. Also, I have always said that Diggle plays the role of Arsenal while Roy can play the role of Red Arrow in the series.

Comment

Originally posted by costas22
                          Hard to tell. Each show is different after all. From my perspective, she's losing her endearing qualities a lot faster than Chloe ever did. I was rewatching some of the earlier season 2 episodes and for whatever reason, they've made her more confontational, intrusive (still don't know why she dug so much into Temptest when she had no right to) and dramatic compared to last season. Imo Team Arrow had a better dynamic in season 1 with Felicity as the light hearted character and Diggle more involved.
                          I'm glad she's being shown as more confrontational this season. She is part of the team, she should be an equal, so if she doesn't like something then she should be allowed to express that. The whole Tempest thing, she said that she planted a virus to keep an eye on the account, which considering what Moira was a part of with the Undertaking, is fully justified. She wasn't sat monitoring it 24/7, she was just alerted about it and took it to the person who actually asked her to look into the situation in the first place. Felicity still offers the one liners and some comic relief from time to time, but she has more to offer the team.

Comment

Originally posted by IAmTheArrow
                            I'm glad she's being shown as more confrontational this season. She is part of the team, she should be an equal, so if she doesn't like something then she should be allowed to express that. The whole Tempest thing, she said that she planted a virus to keep an eye on the account, which considering what Moira was a part of with the Undertaking, is fully justified. She wasn't sat monitoring it 24/7, she was just alerted about it and took it to the person who actually asked her to look into the situation in the first place. Felicity still offers the one liners and some comic relief from time to time, but she has more to offer the team.
                            When Walter told her he would look into the Tempest situation, she should have stopped her digging. It was no longer her concern and she supposedly trusts Walter.

I want her to stand her ground. No issue with that. It's all the dramatic overreacting that bothers me. Take Identity for example, where she was just about to yell at Oliver for even looking at her in the wrong manner. Or Blast Radius where she took offence at Oliver's snide remark about Central City, even though she nearly got him killed with her wrong directions.

I agree she can offer more. I just don't feel more drama for the sake of drama should be it. We already have enough of that from the other female characters.
                            Last edited by costas22; 02-10-2014, 01:16 AM.

Comment

Yes, Felicity is the new Willow, err, I mean Chloe.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎