Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I think we all love Felicity, but when she confronted Moira...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think we all love Felicity, but when she confronted Moira...

I love and agree with most every thing our Felicity Smoake does. She is so funny and cute.. But tonight when she went to confront Moira I was shocked.. It seemed so out of place for her.. I understood Felicity talking to Walter about it.. They were involved in that work before, but that's when Walter was spying on his wife.. And that was a long time ago.. My rule is, you never go between a mom and a son. It has nothing to do with you.. Some secrets are better left secret...
    Last edited by Izzyma; 02-06-2014, 10:17 PM. Reason: Felicity felt she had information for Walter. It was a large amount of money being taken out of Moira's account. That's where

Fully agreed. The way she went about the whole thing was wrong, imo. Not her best episode.

Comment

She cares about Oliver and this is a thing that doesn't need to blindside Ollie later on. I was fine with it. I worry about Thea now.

Comment

Felicity's fealty is to Oliver, not his mother. She tried to get Moira to do the right thing. Moira choose not to do that. That's on her, not Felicity.

Comment

Originally posted by Caught_In_The_Sun
          She cares about Oliver and this is a thing that doesn't need to blindside Ollie later on. I was fine with it. I worry about Thea now.
          I agree it is better for Felicity to tell Oliver now instead of Oliver finding out later and getting mad at Felicity because she kept it from him.

Comment

Yeah, Felicity is too smart for her own good sometimes. She speculated as to what was going on, and then got it verified from the horses mouth.

I wasn't sure if she was going to tell Oliver about it, but I really wished she hadn't. It's already got Oliver in Moira's face, but I am really worried about Thea.

Comment

I think Moira somehow reminded Felicity of her own mother.... but I guess we will have to wait till they reveal her backstory

Comment

Originally posted by badraven
                Felicity's fealty is to Oliver, not his mother. She tried to get Moira to do the right thing. Moira choose not to do that. That's on her, not Felicity.
                Exactly. Felicity's whole purpose in talking with Moira was simply to try and get her to do the right thing. I will admit that it felt somewhat uncharacteristic of her, but come on! The last time funds went inexplicably missing from that very same account, it was because Moira Queen used it to fund The Undertaking and its earthquake machine. Can anyone on here honestly tell me that you wouldn't be prepared to confront Oliver's mother, on the off chance that she's being *AHEM* forced against her will to do something nefarious?

Felicity can't help it if she's bothered by something, and Oliver noticed that before he took the stage during his mother's mayoral candidacy announcement. So, rather than leave Oliver in the dark, Felicity just came out and told him the truth. I don't blame Felicity one bit for any of this! She was just doing what any deeply concerned person would. Moira had her chance at redemption, but she chose to continue with her lies and secrets, and she chose furthermore to use her own daughter as a pawn to get out of prison. (Yes, we all know it was Malcolm who "persuaded" the jury to acquit her of all charges. But at the time, nobody — not even Moira — knew that he was still alive.) Moira went to great lengths to keep word from getting out that Thea was Malcolm's daughter, simply so she could have a chance at being acquitted on the basis of her children — Thea in particular — being potential targets for Malcolm Merlyn... should she have turned against him.

Comment

Originally posted by badraven
                  This. Basically, they handed Felicity a double-edged sword, pointy end first and said, "We can yank it from your hands or you can stab yourself with it. You must choose, but choose wisely." Could Felicity have left things alone and not pursued the matter like Walter suggested she do? Sure, but that's not who she is. She told Walter (and us) this in Season 1.

Originally posted by Halberdier17
                  I agree it is better for Felicity to tell Oliver now instead of Oliver finding out later and getting mad at Felicity because she kept it from him.
                  Agreed.

Comment

Any friend who knows a secret relating to you and doesn't tell you, leaving you to be blind sided, is not a true friend.

Any friend why turns on a friend with bad news, is also not a true friend.

I can't have friends that I don't trust or cant depend on so in either scenario, losing a friend like that wouldn't bother me. I understand that some people like superficial friendships, but I'm not one of them, I would rather have just one close friend, than a hundred acquaintances.

Comment

My point was. Felicity should Not have found out about Merlin being Thea's father.. She had an obligation to Walter about following that program, for lack of better word.. Sorry... Brain freeze... But after she told Walter about the money, she had no right to go on and make other searches.. That money has nothing to do with Walter, he doesn't work there any more.. Felicity doesn't work for Moira Queen... There was no reason for her to go digging... In my mind, that just isn't something she would normally do.. I think that's further out there then Moira running for mayor... And that's crazy...

Comment

Originally posted by Izzyma
                        My point was. Felicity should Not have found out about Merlin being Thea's father.. She had an obligation to Walter about following that program, for lack of better word.. Sorry... Brain freeze... But after she told Walter about the money, she had no right to go on and make other searches.. That money has nothing to do with Walter, he doesn't work there any more.. Felicity doesn't work for Moira Queen... There was no reason for her to go digging... In my mind, that just isn't something she would normally do.. I think that's further out there then Moira running for mayor... And that's crazy...
                        I see your point, but I maintain that her obligation to make sure that there wasn't another Undertaking-like scheme underway far outweighed whatever obligations she may or may not have had to the Queen family and/or Walter. Moreover, Felicity doesn't work for Moira, and nor is she a friend of Moira's. She thus has zero obligations to Moira.

Moira, on the other hand, has an obligation to stop keeping such monumental secrets from her own children. She could have saved face with Oliver by simply coming clean about this most recent secret, but she couldn't even do that — she's used to being involved in sleazy, backroom, cloak-and-dagger conspiracies, and thus, I contend, is no longer capable of relating to anyone on a familial level. Trust does not in any way factor into her daily life. People like that are dangerous, and Oliver was right to sever his personal ties to Moira; in fact, I would have gone a step further, and denounced my support of her entirely. There's no reason to keep Thea in the dark: she has as much right to know the truth as Oliver — more right, in fact, since it's her life. I strongly doubt that knowing Malcolm is her biological father will change her opinions of Robert — she'll still hold Robert in love, and she'll still remember him as her "true father", regardless of her true parentage. Moira, on the other hand, she'll probably hate. And that's the point: Moira is again looking out for herself, but is almost cleverly disguising her motives to make it seem like she's looking out for someone else.

Comment

Thank you for posting this because I felt the same way it was the reason why I didn't like this Episode the 1st time I watched it. Because it felt way out of character for Felicity to just confront Moria from what seemed out of no where like that. I think why it happened was so the writers could force Ollie into knowing that Malcolm is Thea's father but I think they could have found a way better solution.

Comment

Trust has to be earned. Moira has proven time and again that she cannot be trusted and her biggest secret cost 503 lives. I think Felicity would be remiss NOT to find out the reasons for such suspicious transactions.

Comment

I really like that Felicity told Oliver the truth about Thea. She could've been selfish and not tell, but took the chance of telling Oliver, even if it broke any potential love bridge they might of had. Also, Moira's vocal threat to Felicity was pretty weak, lol. Moira ran out of cards to play on that one. Felicity would sacrifice that much to tell Oliver. Kind of funny on one hand how Moira handled herself against Blood's threat of backing out, then on the other hand how she was pretty much poor on her threat to Felicity.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎