11 20.00%

12 21.82%

7 12.73%

0 0%

2 3.64%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%
  • 1 - Let the League of Assassins destroy it.

2 3.64%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    The artist formerly known as "KryptonSite" KSiteTV's Avatar

Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "Heir To The Demon?"

What did you all think?

Hopeless Forum Addict Halberdier17's Avatar
    I thought it was great.

Caity Lotz has grown on me...........so hot...lol.......Slade isnt happy with blood im pumped for the first course of action he'll take to suprised the viewers (us)

Incurable Postaholic RightWingConspirator's Avatar
    Loved it, but felt cheated that Ra's daughter wasn't Talia.

Incurable Postaholic RightWingConspirator's Avatar
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	explain.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	52.1 KB 
ID:	16169

Custom Title
    I didn't care for this episode, to shippery for me for starters. Personally I just wish Oliver would hook up with a different random chick each week, would save on alot of drama. Beyond that what right does Oliver have to get pissed at his mom for cheating and lieing? Talk about hypocrite

Personally I want to watch Arrow doing crimefighting, the episode was to focused on Canary.

I gave it a 5 mainly for the fight scenes and that is probably being generous

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RightWingConspirator View Post
    Loved it, but felt cheated that Ra's daughter wasn't Talia.
    He has two daughters and a son he hates.

Anyway I thought tonight's episode was very good and Nyssa and Sara.

Settling In
    Good episode, I thought Sarah was going to die and laurel start the process of becoming canary. Glad that didn't happen, I wish they'd just boot laurel, she ruins every episode for me.

I can't believe Roy didn't show up at all too.

i have a feeling we will be seeing Malcom soon, coming back to battle blood and slade perhaps.

i feel kind of bad for felicity, I wonder how this will toll on her and Oliver's relationship.

episodes are building up again and getting good, ready for the next one!

Settling In
    And is it bad that I'm happy Oliver doesn't like his mom anymore?

^ Not at all, I was pleased by that development as well

New In Town
    That episode was great! I like the fact that we finally got to see black canary use her "super power", but it wasn't in the form an actual super power. Moira is always great because you can never quite figure her out, and fight scenes were pretty epic. I actually really like Laural's perspective on the whole thing and sets her up to possibly become a villain. With her continually being pressured by her father to get help, a loathsome attitude towards her sister, and no longer thinking Blood is a villain, she is in a perfect place to switch to the dark side. It will be interesting to see where they finally go with her, she could use a bit of attitude.

Have to say though, with Roy, and now Sara officially "home," Diggle seems a bit obsolete.. Guns didn't have much of a place in the first place imo...

Board Master
    With this episode, I can understand Dinah Laurel's anger towards Sarah. However, I don't see her heading towards becoming Black Canary. The line about her stealing her life seems to be sending a message that Caity has took the Black Canary role from Katey. The Lance family reunion in the present wasn't positive while in the flashbacks it was up until they learned of the boat incident.

Felicity being put in the scene with Moira concerning Thea being the daughter of Malcolm Merlyn should be none of her business and was just being put there out of nowhere. However, we get to learn a bit about Felicity concerning family. With Oliver now knowing, it now changes things that should have been last season.

Both Roy and Thea are not in this episode and rightfully so since last week focused on Roy and the producers said that there was a deleted scene with him and Nyssa that didn't move the story forward.

As much as I like having both Sarah and Roy in Team Arrow, I knew that there was going to be some diminishing on other members like Diggle and Felicity. I can see them both leaving down the line - Felicity to Central City and Diggle to the Suicide Squad with Lyla.

Nyssa Al Ghul is an awesome villain whom I hope can return down the line. I knew that she and Sarah were in a relationship. This is what separates her from Talia. The fight between her and Oliver was good. Great episode overall.

Posting Pro
    When I saw Stephen Amell's answer to a question earlier today on Facebook about Oliver's reaction to the news about Thea, wherein he said not to miss tonight's episode, I admit to geeking out a bit. I was trying to figure out how, then read a minor spoiler about Felicity on FB. So knowing that it was coming was cool, and it did nothing to lessen the amount of excitement at how Oliver reacted.

Now, on to the review itself. The arrival of Nyssa in Starling was interesting, and it showed the level of reach and intelligence ARGUS has on other secret organizations such as the League of Assassins. They chose an excellent actress for Nyssa who can clearly kick ass, which let's face it, is one of the most important parts of anyone playing a, ah, kick-ass character. Yeah, not on top of my game there... Now, with regards to the fluidity of Sara's relationship ability (some will label it 'bisexual'), I see it as being realistic. Even taking away the two years spent on the freighter and then the Island, that leaves Sara being around 20 when she was found by the League. People that at age, of both sexes, tend to experiment and so it is not an unrealistic possibility that Sara did have feelings for Nyssa without being bisexual. It could easily have been an experimental relationship. Clearly, she has harbored feelings for Ollie even after the Island, and quite frankly there were some signs of that back in Episode 5.

Laurel's spiral continues. Her words to Sara, about how she's stealing her life, can be taken one of two ways: either this is the writers' nod to fans being disappointed with Laurel's lack of 'Canary-ness' and to show they are listening to the fans, or this has been a confirmation of what I suspected for a while now. See, everyone's talking about the 'doubles', how the first incarnation we meet is not the actual incarnation of the comic book character. Here's a breakdown of my thought process:

- Yao Fei was clearly meant to be Oliver's mentor, in a way, which would make people think of Merlyn. He was also wearing the now-famous Hood, which made him the 'first Green Arrow' of the show. In modern day Starling, you have Oliver/The Hood/The Arrow as the final rendition, and Malcolm Merlyn provides a different type of mentorship, as evidenced by Oliver's words to him in the finale. "Thank you for teaching me what I'm fighting for. But my father taught me how."
    - Bill Wintergreen portrayed what many thought would be Deathstroke, but turned out only to be the partner of the up-and-coming Deathstroke, Slade Wilson, who betrayed him and set Slade on his course of "Everyone in this life is for themselves," a mentality that would lead him to become the most feared mercenary of the DC Universe (or at least the most infamous). Slade in present day Starling is clearly Deathstroke now.
    - The first Merlyn we meet is Tommy, and many speculated that he would become the Dark Archer because he did not consider Oliver's actions to be honorable. In the end, the true Merlyn/Dark Archer was Tommy's father.

Taking these things into account, it's highly probable that Laurel Lance was the 'first' since she could clearly kick ass in Season 1 (as evidenced in Episode 3 where Max Fuller and his boys are 'roughing up' Ollie and Tommy), and she has a strong belief in the law. It's great in a way.... but here's the issue. The story has been about developing the characters, yes? Well, what's the more interesting story? A lawyer who gets drugged and disbarred turning to vigilantism because she realizes she needs to go outside the law now to find justice; or a castaway who joined the League of Assassins, began to feel the weight of the deaths of her victims on her shoulders, and evolves into someone more interested in justice than vengeance/killing? This series loves parellels, and Sara's progress seems to parallel Oliver's. Remember: Oliver was little more than a mission-based serial killer in Season 1, with a List of names to scratch off. Now he helps the police on a number of cases, albeit unofficially. Sara has moments where she kills, but she pleads no more killing in tonight's episode. Sorry, but to me, the storyline for Sara is far more interesting and believable for the Black Canary (what limited knowledge I have) than a lawyer whose disbarred because of substance abuse. Finally, the writers and producers of this show have made it clear they'll twist the 'comic canon' to suit the needs of the show. People need to remember that this show is not just for comic book fans. If it was, I highly doubt this show would've made it past Season 1. I talked about this in another thread, so I won't go into detail like I did there. But if the showrunners want Laurel to become Black Canary, they need to seriously work on making her character better. Right now, I'm not seeing anything different to this season with Laurel than in the first half of the season.

The showrunners also have revealed they don't actually know every little detail of their show. They come up with the stuff then run with it, with just an over-arcing storyline to guide them. In Season 1, it was the Undertaking. In this season, it's the Mirakuru. They've also lied straight-out to us regarding certain things. They said not two weeks before it happened that Roy Harper would not be finding out who the Arrow is, much less visiting the Arrowcave and meeting Felicity and Dig, until much later in the season. Three episodes into the second half, what happens? So when I see people quoting stuff from months ago with the producers saying that Laurel is still Oliver's 'destiny', I don't put too much confidence in those statements. It seems they have a shelf-life unless it's "day of the episode" comments in the "Producer's Review" videos.

Crap, I keep talking about this. Oh, well. Final bit (I hope): unless the writers dramatically improve the character of Laurel in the rest of the second half of Season 2, I'm gonna have to say they'd be better off writing her out, and giving her a send-off worthy of the actress portraying her. Also, in relation to the parallels: someone asked if Slade was going to have a mockery of Ivo's offer in the finale; or rather, asked Stephen Amell what he thought of that possibility. Stephen said he'd love to see that, and I imagine he ran it by the writers. If so, well, I would point out that Slade is aware of the regret Oliver feels towards how he treated Laurel, and that he spent a lot of Season 1 staring at her picture. Depending how things play out in the rest of Season 2's Island flashbacks, I imagine Slade might kill Laurel just because he knows how much she meant (and in some ways clearly still means) to Oliver.

Okay, now that the 'Sara as Canary rant' for this review is over.....

The reunion between the rest of the Lance family was, in my opinion, very well done. The fight between Nyssa and Oliver was quite interesting. It also makes me wonder what the hell is up with Al-Owal. There are now two League members we've met with an affinity for arrows, and he insulted the use of arrows in Episode 5.... clearly the man was envious. Perhaps he didn't have the patience to learn the art?

Slade's reaction to Moira's run for office was..... interesting. So much, in fact, I'm beginning to suspect that Slade might have had prior dealings with her.... or with Malcolm Merlyn. He would not know to never underestimate Moira Queen from the time he spent with Oliver on the Island. There's more to this story than they're telling us; perhaps we'll find out in two weeks if that trailer clip was of him in the Queen Mansion.

Now, considering Episode 15 is meant to be an Island-centric episode, I think we can all be assured Oliver is going to be grievously injured next week.... just like last year's Odyssey episode. Anyone want to take bets on Slade beating the **** out of Oliver?

Wow, talk about a range of emotions. I found it a very good episode at times. Especially when Nyssa was involved. But if this show is ailed by one thing imo, it's the characterization of most of its female characters. And it was really evident in Heir to the demon: Moira with her constant lies and threats, Laurel with her typical overreacting and addiction issues and now Felicity with her meddling. Funnily enough, the less dramatic female character this season is Thea!

Moira and Laurel I am used to by now. However, the Felicity thing definitely bugged me, because it didn't do her many favors either. Did she have a right to tell Oliver? I don't think there's a definitive answer for that one. She definitely should have picked a better time though. The worst part was the way she kept digging without authorization. It almost reached stalker levels. Geez. Oliver also overreacted a bit when he got the information, imo. "You made a liar out of me"? As if Oliver doesn't lie every day of his life! Not a fan of what Moira did obviously, but I don't think the other characters looked much better after finding out.

One female character that shone was Sara. In her scenes with Nyssa (), her parents and Oliver. I must say though that the last scene made no sense to me. Is Sara going to become the definitive Black Canary? If so, I understand where they are going. But if she isn't, Sara hooking up with Oliver creates an even bigger mess. Especially for the Laurel, whose whole storyline this season has failed to convince people that she will one day become Black Canary. Since part of the BC character is her relationship with Oliver, how can that happen here? Will Laurel go back to Oliver (again) after finding out he slept with Sara (again)? Stranger things have happened of course. Especially when it comes to Oliver and his womanizing.

To be honest though, and as much as I like Katie Cassidy, I am reaching the point where I feel the easier solution is to have Sara become Black Canary for good. Maybe Laurel's "You stole my whole life away from me" was meta.

8 out of 10 just for Nyssa, the action scenes and the fact that it was nice to see all the Lances together. In the present and in the flashbacks. The show needs more Slade and Diggle though. It's the one thing that's missing compared to the first season.
    Last edited by costas22; 02-06-2014 at 02:26 AM.

Maybe Laurel will steal her life back! It is like the writers hate the Laurel character...Katie Cassidy deserves better IMO.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast