Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How did Sara get to Starling city so fast?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How did Sara get to Starling city so fast?

One thing that really intrigued me about the scene in "Verdant" was how Sara could get to Laurel's apartment so fast. So, Oliver realizes that something is wrong with Laurel (as if he didn't know that before!) and calls Sara and asks her to come to her help. During the 30-40 minutes it takes for Laurel to get from the Glades to her apartment and stagger into her living room, Sara manages to enter her apartment...because she was already there, waiting for her. So, where was Sara when Ollie called and how did she manage to get to Starling city so fast? Teleportation?

I asked the same question in my episode "review", but nobody took the bite. Maybe this is just one of those questions that we're not supposed to ask, because it would destroy the suspension of disbelief? However, inquiring minds demand to know, and I'm sure someone here can come up with a good explanation to this enigma!

As I saw the scene in question, I was thinking Sara had to already be in Starling City... Perhaps she never left, just gave the impression that she was leaving to get off the radar? or maybe she was recently back, and off camera Ollie knew, and called her since he was not going to accompany Laurel home? I also initially thought it was out of character for him to get a cab called instead of taking her personally... until Sara showed up there. Perhaps he knew Sara was already "in town".

I do not know if we will ever know, but at least I see a couple of options.

Comment

I was thinking the same as MRF, just because she said she was leaving town doesn't necessarily mean she did, she could have just went dark and gone underground. If that wasn't the case, there is no saying exactly where she was, she may have just been on the edge of town or in the next city over. Just because she showed up quickly doesn't mean she can teleport.

Comment

Originally posted by evaba
        One thing that really intrigued me about the scene in "Verdant" was how Sara could get to Laurel's apartment so fast. So, Oliver realizes that something is wrong with Laurel (as if he didn't know that before!) and calls Sara and asks her to come to her help. During the 30-40 minutes it takes for Laurel to get from the Glades to her apartment and stagger into her living room, Sara manages to enter her apartment...because she was already there, waiting for her. So, where was Sara when Ollie called and how did she manage to get to Starling city so fast? Teleportation?

I asked the same question in my episode "review", but nobody took the bite. Maybe this is just one of those questions that we're not supposed to ask, because it would destroy the suspension of disbelief? However, inquiring minds demand to know, and I'm sure someone here can come up with a good explanation to this enigma!
        Simple! You see, Sara Lance was actually on another planet — on Apokolips, to be precise. She was engaged in an epic struggle with Darkseid... Well, okay, it really wasn't all that "epic". Fact is, Sara mopped the floor with him with the utmost of ease. Oliver called the moment Sara was about to kill Darkseid, and thus forever end his reign of tyranny (and make Superman's existence that much less significant in the process). Realizing that something had come up, and that Sara needed to leave his planet, Darkseid took the opportunity to offer her a trade: he allowed her the use of Apokoliptan technology to get back home, and in return she spared his life. She returned to Laurel's apartment via boom-tube minutes later. As for Darkseid, he is currently plotting his vengeance against Sara. Expect him to appear in the series very, very soon.

Don't believe me? Diggle already foreshadowed this in "The Scientist" when he said, "My god, what's next? Aliens?"

Comment

Originally posted by Rob14
          Simple! You see, Sara Lance was actually on another planet — on Apokolips, to be precise. She was engaged in an epic struggle with Darkseid... Well, okay, it really wasn't all that "epic". Fact is, Sara mopped the floor with him with the utmost of ease. Oliver called the moment Sara was about to kill Darkseid, and thus forever end his reign of tyranny (and make Superman's existence that much less significant in the process). Realizing that something had come up, and that Sara needed to leave his planet, Darkseid took the opportunity to offer her a trade: he allowed her the use of Apokoliptan technology to get back home, and in return she spared his life. She returned to Laurel's apartment via boom-tube minutes later. As for Darkseid, he is currently plotting his vengeance against Sara. Expect him to appear in the series very, very soon.

Don't believe me? Diggle already foreshadowed this in "The Scientist" when he said, "My god, what's next? Aliens?"
          Thanks for that explanation! You made my day! I guess we just have to put Sara's teleportation powers in the same supernatural category as Ollie's extraordinary healing capacity, Felicity's super hacker abilities, the magical herbs, Laurel's "just walk right in" apartment and all the other weird and wonderful things on this show!

Comment

Originally posted by IAmTheArrow
            I was thinking the same as MRF, just because she said she was leaving town doesn't necessarily mean she did, she could have just went dark and gone underground. If that wasn't the case, there is no saying exactly where she was, she may have just been on the edge of town or in the next city over. Just because she showed up quickly doesn't mean she can teleport.
            yeah I agree with both of you, but it seems that we are not really supposed to care how Sara got to Laurel's apartment so fast and where she is currently hiding for now, but it would seem that Sara is hiding undercover somewhere in Starling City...

Comment

o.O
              OMG!
              Putting the last two posts together...
              "Laurel's "just walk right in" apartment" and "Sara is hiding undercover somewhere in Starling City"...
              Sara did not have to arrive at Laurel's apartment... THAT is where she is hiding! IN Laurel's Apartment. How hard can it be to ninja around a workaholic drunk/addict and stay there??? I have in-laws that are almost that good at it, and I am not even in a show about a comic book!

Comment

Working...
              X
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎