No announcement yet.

Season 2?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Season 2?

I read somewhere that the show might not even make it to season 2 what are you're thoughts?

They better renew the show; there's definitely an audience for it. Besides, most TV programs don't hit their stride until the second or third year anyway.

EDIT: I found this cool article a few moments ago...

Last edited by moviefan2k4; 02-03-2014, 12:56 PM.

Comment

Yeah shows by Whedon actually get better in seasons 2 and 3. Buffy and Angel were great in season 1 but seasons 2 and 3 were even better. I could see the same thing happening with SHIELD.

Comment

Don't count on it. Best of luck to those who want it but realistically I don't see it happening. The show's boring, predictable, and too cast limited. I've said it before and I'll say it again: They shot themselves in the foot with their silly "no heroes" rule. People watch a show set in a marvel universe expecting marvel heroes to show up. And yet people are surprised ratings are down when all we get is generic spy stuff?

Comment

The show is called Agents of SHIELD because it focuses on the agents; people who can't figure that out for themselves are stupid.

Comment

Its almost April, with only six episodes left after Tuesday. Any word from Marvel or Fox about a renewal?

Comment

Originally posted by moviefan2k4
              The show is called Agents of SHIELD because it focuses on the agents; people who can't figure that out for themselves are stupid.
              Please don't refer to people as stupid, even if they're not here on the forum.

With that said... I think we'll get a Season 2 for sure. There are issues with the show but Marvel and ABC are both too proud to let it die. There will probably be a slight retooling before it gets picked up though.

Comment

Originally posted by moviefan2k4
                Its almost April, with only six episodes left after Tuesday. Any word from Marvel or Fox about a renewal?
                Why would there be any word from Fox?

Comment

Originally posted by KSiteTV
                  Please don't refer to people as stupid, even if they're not here on the forum.
                  I didn't mean it as an insult, but some folks just don't think before reaching conclusions.

With that said... I think we'll get a Season 2 for sure. There are issues with the show but Marvel and ABC are both too proud to let it die. There will probably be a slight retooling before it gets picked up though.
                  So long as its strictly a slight change or two. The last thing I want is everything being warped because Marvel or Disney end up panicking.

Originally posted by gmster
                  Why would there be any word from Fox?
                  I meant ABC; my mind was probably exhausted when I typed that.

Comment

Read report today on Dark Horizons that if Agents of SHIELD does gets season 2, which theyre saying is a possibility, it could get split in two halves with one being in fall and the other in spring. Agent Carter in the middle is a possible idea for a series. They also said that Carter could set up storylines that continue into AOS.

Id love to see this happen. It could be a very good idea.

Comment

I thought they were picked up within first 3-4 episodes initially , that change???

Comment

I think the show will likely get a renewal. The ratings are ... consistent-ish? ... though they'll never replicate the pilot's ratings levels unless they retool a lot of things in the series in the seasons ahead.

Whedon's involvement would also be a factor, as many of his series have hit their creative stride in later seasons (we'll never know with those that didn't make it past one season). But I don't think this will be as big a factor for some viewers. There would be AoS viewers who aren't familiar with Whedon's other works (beyond the Avengers' flick) and may not be as willing to make that leap of faith to wait for S2, S3, etc. of AoS to be vastly improved. And I wouldn't blame them if they didn't stick around beyond the finale; the 'it's Whedon, stick with it, the show will get better' reason may not sway those viewers enough to follow S2.

I have a feeling the 'saving face' reason re: Disney / Marvel / ABC will be the unspoken reason why we'll get S2. There are many reasons for it, but the show was not the televised manna it was made out to be -- and they likely won't want to admit it by canning it.

Comment

It'll get a second season because it's an in house production and it's still a tool for promoting the Marvel universe.

Comment

I honestly think the renewal is a foregone conclusion. I also think the show has gone exactly as planned, it was the viewership that thought major superheroes would be a major part of the show (even when it was obvious budget would be prohibitive). Ok, maybe the plan was flawed, but right now the show is hitting on all cylinders, which is what I think would count.

I predict a renewal announcement close to the showing of the finale, maybe sooner.

Comment

Originally posted by Austin 3:16
                              Read report today on Dark Horizons that if Agents of SHIELD does gets season 2, which theyre saying is a possibility, it could get split in two halves with one being in fall and the other in spring. Agent Carter in the middle is a possible idea for a series. They also said that Carter could set up storylines that continue into AOS.

Id love to see this happen. It could be a very good idea.
                              Well, seeing as how the first season was filled with interruptions, I think this is probably a good idea. That being said, I think I've pretty much given up on the show. I haven't seen the last seven episodes, and have no real desire to. If it does come back, I'm not sure how I'd want them to do things differently- Except cut down or eliminate fitz and simmons (These two annoy me to no end) and I'm not sure I want I want to see Ward reform.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎