No announcement yet.

Easter eggs

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Easter eggs

What were the Easter Eggs spotted in this episode?
    When Laurel mentioned Johanna, was hoping for Johanna Pierce to get a Black Lightning connection?

inobe

She was referring to Joanna De La Vega. Laurel previously worked with her at CNRI in Season 1.

She left for a while when her brother died in Burned.

Comment

And she is quite the looker too. I enjoyed her scenes with Laurel, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by inobe
        What were the Easter Eggs spotted in this episode?
        When Laurel mentioned Johanna, was hoping for Johanna Pierce to get a Black Lightning connection?

inobe
        Here is a heap of Easter Eggs that I got from an Internet site. Since we can't post links here, I did a copy/paste:

Iron Heights - Another week, another escapee from Iron Heights Prison. Both the Dollmaker and Count Vertigo previously escaped from the prison in past episodes this season. We first covered Iron Heights' history in the comics here.

Redwood and Larkspur - The man who helps breaks Bronze Tiger out of prison tells him to go to the corner of Larkspur and Redwood. Redwood High School, located in Larkspur, CA, is the alma mater of a host of actors and actresses, including Robin Williams. I have no idea how that pertains to Arrow, but I'm willing to bet that at least one of the cast or crew attended that high school. Otherwise, it's just a throwaway mention of yet another Starling City street named after a type of tree.

Milo Armitage - The arms dealer who broke Bronze Tiger out of prison is named Milo Armitage. In the comics, Armitage is the arms dealer husband of Sandra "Moonday" Hawke, the mother of Oliver's son Connor. After Oliver was killed in a plane explosion, Connor became the second Green Arrow and frequently foiled Armitage's plans. The actor who played Armitage, James Kidnie, previously played DC villain Amos Fortune in an episode of Smallville.

Mark Francis - Mark Francis, Walter's business/political associate, is played by Nicholas Lea. Lea is a sci-fi mainstay who's had starring roles in series such as Continuum, V, and The X-Files. He also appeared in The Killing with Bex Taylor-Klaus, who plays Sin.

Kardak Holdings - Francis works for Kardak Holdings. Kardak is a very obscure Golden Aged superhero along the lines of Zatara or Mandrake. He's an Archie hero, and honestly I'm not sure if that's the reference here, or not. I guess we'll find out in coming weeks.

Joanna de la Vega - Joanna, played by Annie Ilonzeh, makes her first appearance this season. Joanna previously appeared in seven episodes last season as one of Laurel's co-workers at CNRI.

Wethersby and Stone - The law firm Wethersby and Stone, which Joanna de la Vega now works for, is named after characters from Marc Guggenheim and Greg Berlanti's 2008 ABC series Eli Stone. The title character was a lawyer, as was his ex-fiancee, whose last name was Wethersby.
        Big Weapons from Last Season - Both the earthquake device and Eddie Fyer's missile device, two devices that played heavily into last season's finale, reappear this season.

Markovia - Armitage mentions that the earthquake device's buyer plans to use it in Markovia. Markovia, a country in the DC universe, was first mentioned in "State Vs Queen". You'll also recall that the earthquake device's maker was named Brion Markov who, in the comics, was the ruler of Markovia.

Secret Society - Diggle calls "Team Arrow" a "Secret Society". The Secret Society of Super-Villains is a recurring group of foes made up of supervillains in the DC Universe, and often calls itself the Secret Society. Recently, the Secret Society of Super-Villains aided the Crime Syndicate of Amerika in a hostile takeover of the world after the disappearance of the Justice League. The story, which is still ongoing, takes place in the Forever Evil comic miniseries.

Dr. Gill - A shot in the dark here, but Dr. Gill, Moria's ob/gyn and one of the few people to know Thea's true father, could be named after Joe Gill, a Charlton Comics creator who created Captain Atom, Ted Kord, and Judomaster, all of whom are now owned by DC Comics. I guess we'll find out next week.

Amanda Waller - Waller (and her suspiciously colored heels) makes her second appearance this season. Waller first appeared in "Keep Your Enemies Closer".

"More of a...Squad" - Waller alludes to the creation of the Suicide Squad to Bronze Tiger. We mentioned Turner's history with the Suicide Squad in a past column. Deadshot and Count Vertigo were also members of the team in the comics.

Comment

Working...
        X
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎