0 0%

0 0%

0 0%
  • 1 - Failed this City

0 0%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by CK_ALL_DAY View Post
    Awesome episode! I was smiling big the whole time. Loved the reveal and Roy being a new addition to "Team Arrow" is exciting. Next week looks crazy awesome.
    i heard that there is gonna be an awesome fight scene with Oliver as Arrow, Sara as Black Canary vs. Nyssa al Ghul in next weeks episode !

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
    What was not to love?

- Ollie and Roy working together.

- Amanda Waller bringing in Bronze Tiger for her "squad".

- The better Lance sister being back.

I even appreciate the reference to Markovia!
    agreed! another awesome episode in Arrow season 2 !

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by JDBentz View Post
    This episode's parallels tied neatly together, which has been somewhat lacking in certain episodes throuhout the series thus far. On the Island, Oliver fails to inform Slade of the truth, something we know Slade eventually finds out from what Oliver says. Oliver's regret over what happened to Slade and the learning experience that that brought to the table was, in my opinion, the primary reason Oliver chose to reveal himself to Roy, despite what he told Dig and Felicity. Roy's question about what they call themselves and the responses show that the producers and writers pay attention to their fan base far more than said individuals for other shows. That, I think, is one of the prime aspects that makes this show the best hero show I've ever seen on television (and I've watched pretty much all of them, cartoon and not). Truthfully, when I saw the preview for this episode, I was thinking that Oliver would reveal who he was to Roy thanks to that "We're just getting started," line.

Less Slade in this episode, but for the theme of the episode there really didn't need to be. That said, I suspect we'll be seeing more of Slade (past and present) starting next week. I am looking forward to "The Promise", which airs in March, primarily due to Stephen Amell's Facebook posts regarding it. Something tells me that will be a big Slade episode, but maybe I'm reading too much into it.

The beginnings of the Suicide Squad (while Deadshot may have been recruited off-screen, this is the first member I recall being visibly recruited by Waller).

When Oliver first made the phone call, I was wondering if he was calling Quentin. But since it didn't show a cutscene, I was like, "Oh, so he's had a way to contact Sara all this time." Looking forward to when Laurel and Sara meet with Laurel sober. My guess is it'll be either next week's episode, or the 'Lance family reunion' episode. Now, here's a question: Who thinks the guy at the bar who was putting something into his pocket is a League agent working on Nyssa's behalf? It's either that or Blood, and let's face it: Blood and Slade have neutralized the threat Laurel presented to them.

All in all, I give this episode a 10 for being super awesome. But here's one thing I learned from this episode: don't trust what the producers and such say when it comes to certain things. Everyone was wanting Roy to find out Oliver's identity; Guggenheim, I think it was, said it would take a while (very recently, I might add, like in the past week or so) before Roy finds out Oliver's identity and meets the team. And yet, what, three episodes into the second half he finds out? I was expecting episode 16 or 17..... not 12.

I had my doubts about how they were going to have Moira run for Mayor, but once again, I underestimated the tenacity of the writers and their collective intelligence. If I'd been thinking, I would've realized there wasn't a lot of shouting and bemoaning when Moira won the trial from the crowd. That actually suggests that by that point, more people were feeling sympathetic to her.

Sara's return at the end of the episode I figured would happen simply because I doubted they would want to rush through Sara returning and Quentin and Oliver trying to get Sara to reveal herself fully to Laurel (from the summary, one can presume that Laurel doesn't remember Sara being there or thinks it was a hallucination). Anyways, it was good to see her back. I'm still crossing my fingers for Sara to live past this season, but I guess we'll see what happens.
    totally agree with you jdbentz and i always love reading your awesome posts on this forum so keep it up!

Everything was good, I liked it.

Definitely an improvement from the last 2 weeks. I don't think I disliked anything this week. Some stuff I loved (Roy and Ollie teaming up, Bronze Tiger featuring more, the island story, the cliffhanger) while other parts intrigued me (Amanda Waller's SS tease and Moira running for office). I can't say the Laurel storyline falls in either category. I am just waiting for things to go better for her. They certainly can't get any worse.

Speaking of Waller, seeing as they focused on her red heels, does that mean she was Fyers employer? If I remember correctly, that women wore the same type of shoes.

Great to see Walter back. Hope we see more of him! Who's Dr Gill though? Or is that Moira's code name for Malcolm?

A solid 8/10 this week.

Saving The City
    I give it a 9, better than last week, but not one of the best episodes just yet. The reveal to Roy, the further downward spiral of Laurel, the announcement of Waller putting together a unit, sorry, a Squad sets up nicely for future episodes/seasons and the return of Sara sets up nicely for next week.

Forum Regular
    The one major drawback for me with this episode was the whole part about Moira somehow being the only person in the city who is fit to run against Blood for mayor. Walter was CEO of QC longer than his ex, and he doesn't have the stigma of being partly responsible for leveling part of the city and thereby killing 500-some people. This feels very, very contrived especially that part about 45% of the city sympathizing with her. Give me a break!

That aside, the rest of the episode was very well done. As always, the island scenes were enjoyable, although they felt fairly brief this time around. Roy's training and the reveal toward the end were handled quite well, I thought.

New In Town
    Highly enjoyable episode overall

The Great Stuff

* Walter's appearance
    * Oliver' had some really great character moments and I loved that in the end he spoke to Roy about Thea as Thea's brother rather than Arrow
    * Oliver telling the team a little about Slade and how he got an arrow in the eye
    * Sara (Canary is back)
    * Team Arrow + Roy. I've been waiting for a scene in story with Felicity and Roy since 'Blood Rush'. And Felicity's one liners.
    * The final moment between Slade and Oliver on the Island - they were really friends at one point

What Did I miss or Really I might've rolled my eyes

* Walter not being at all surprised about Thea's parentage
    * Moria being a concerned citizen and running against Blood (hmmm they were only at a rally a week ago and Oliver has held a fund raiser for the guy) but only if they take care of the OB first - that just hints at something unsavory
    * The stats about people being on her side - So I guess Malcolm didn't need to buy off the jury after all
    * The different tact on Blood (instead of being a suspect in a family murder he just now has bad economic policies)
    * Arrow's Fight Skills - lots of comments last week about how uneven Arrow has been on taking on his villain's. I think this week adds to it
    * Roy is more powerful that an exploding arrow

They seem to be juggling a lot of different stories (hello they just introduced The Suicide Squad) when a lot of others have yet to get their payoffs or characters don't seem to have been moved along as much as some others (I'm looking at you Thea - Although the move for Moria to run for Mayor could see her get something else to do other than fret about Roy or run the club) I also miss Diggle in a more front and Centre role.

But this episode was a great 8/10

Saving The City
    Quote Originally Posted by Ica013 View Post
    * The different tact on Blood (instead of being a suspect in a family murder he just now has bad economic policies)
    Surely Laurel looking mental and Officer Daley being set up as the man in the mask, there is nothing substantial remaining that would tie to Blood to being the killer of his father and as far as a bank would be concerned, being bad for the economy would be worse

Custom Title
    This episode was alright but nothing spectacular. The A plot was passable entertainment, the Miora plot was sort of stretching things and the Laurel is a drunk was not my cup of tea but not terrible. Seems like this episode wanted to set up a bunch of stuff more then tell a one episode story(which I prefer)

Forgot to mention the weekly ties with Smallville. The actor playing Turner's employer also played Amos Fortune in a SV episode I'd rather forget.

Yet another fantastic episode. This is season is just flat amazing.

Posting Pro
    This will be somewhat shorter than my usual dissertations! I liked this episode, especially the Oliver/Arrow/Roy Harper interaction, but like "Supsfan" I think it was a bit too cluttered, because there were so many parts that were mostly about setting up new storylines.

The Arrow/Roy Harper: how to control your powers

This episode brought about a good resolution to the Arrow/Roy Harper storyline. In my humble opinion Roy Harper has been a pretty useless and reckless "hero" so far, in the sense that his attempts to do something good for the people of Starling city usually ended up in a total mess. In this episode he teamed up with Oliver and actually saved the day by punching a hole in that trailer-though I guess one of Oliver's trick arrows could have done the job just as well, but that would not have given Oliver/Arrow the opportunity to reveal himself and give that pep talk about love being more important than anything else! I loved the reveal and the handshake. Of course, from where I was watching, it seemed like a miracle that Roy didn't recognize his girlfriend's older brother behind the mask during the water-slapping training sessions, but I guess I just have to repeat my "suspension of disbelief" mantra during such scenes in order to make them believable! Also, has anyone else noticed that Stephen talks in a somewhat strange, choppy way when he is in his Arrow persona? I have grown accustomed to the growling, but the phrasing still seems odd. However, that's probably just an actor mannerism (some folks call it "the Amell pause"!)

Laurel Lance: disbarred lawyer on a bender

I wasn't too happy about the Laurel storyline. In the last episode she showed the investigative skills and determination of a good lawyer, but in this episode she reverted to a drunken wreck, who refuses to listen to anyone or let anyone help her. Of course, Quentin's attempt to help her was clumsy, luring her into thinking that they were going out for a meal, and then trying to force her to attend an AA meeting. Considering the sh*tty way he treated her in the last episode, I can understand Laurel's reaction.

I know that this is all a part of "taking her apart in order to build her up again" and the pill/alcohol abuse can be explained as a hereditary trait, but I don't know if this is the right way to proceed if they want us to root for Laurel. I like Laurel and I'm not giving up on her yet, but I suspect that the scene in "Verdant" made some people dislike her even more, rather than feeling sorry for her, if only because a drunk woman for some mysterious reason is regarded as more unsavoury than a drunk man....I also thought that Oliver's somewhat dismissive "get her a cab" was coldhearted, especially since he a few episodes back declared to Laurel that he "would never leave her".

Also, In the light of what Laurel has been through, Oliver's line "I ran into Laurel and something is wrong" seemed kind of clueless. I mean, he knows perfectly well what's wrong: she's been drinking and taking drugs for quite a while and over the course of one episode she was arrested, kidnapped and forced to kill a man in order to save HIM! I can't help but feel that Oliver's behavior in that scene was just another example of Evil Villain Clueless rearing his ugly head again!

I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens in the upcoming episodes and if Sara will be able to help Laurel get back on her feet. I presume that Sara was the person that Oliver called to say that there is something wrong with Laurel, which makes me wonder whether Sara has powers of teleportation...I mean, how did she manage to get to Laurel's place so fast from wherever she were? And how do people get into Laurel's apartment so easily??? I mean, her home has been ransacked at least six times by now, so you'd think she would have a really good home security...but nope, both villains and long-lost sisters just walk through her locked doors and appear at her bedside (or sofa-side, as it were!).

BTW, did anyone notice the guy who was sitting next to Laurel at "Verdant" and who put a vial with something into his pocket?

Ah, it was also great to see Joanna back in Starling city!

Thea, Diggle, Moira and the Merlyn mansion

Thea had a little more to do than being Roy's girlfriend in this episode, although I still feel that the writers don't know what to do with her character/storyline. However, the Moira/Thea scenes are always good (mainly because the actresses have such good mother-daughter chemistry). I did find Thea's sudden trust in Moira a bit lightswitched, though...but then the whole "Moira for Mayor" storyline seems a bit lightswitched!

Diggle is another character who IMHO has been pushed aside and rendered rather useless in later episodes. I know the focus was on Oliver/Roy in this ep, but how long has it been since we saw Diggle in the thick of things, being Oliver's back up guy and taking an active role in the action? In later episodes he mostly sits beside Felicity and delivers expositional dialogue or the occasional advice, and that is IMHO a waste of a wonderful character/actor.

Walter and his lovely British accent are always a joy to behold/listen to and I hope that he and Moira will eventually be able to hook up again.

One last thing...we saw Oliver and Roy entering the Merlyn mansion to stop Bronze Tiger from stealing the prototype for the Markov device (which would apparently be used to blow up "Markovia"... a nice play with words!). I got the impression that the house was more or less untouched, with all the furniture, photos, cars etc intact..which made me wonder who lives in or takes care of that house now that everyone in the Merlyn family are dead. This is probably one of those irrelevant questions that we're not supposed to ask, but anway...

Things that made me roll my eyes just a bit...

Finally, I agree with everything that "Ica013" wrote about the "I might have rolled my eyes" plot details in this episode:

Quote Originally Posted by Ica013 View Post

What Did I miss or Really I might've rolled my eyes

* Walter not being at all surprised about Thea's parentage
    * Moria being a concerned citizen and running against Blood (hmmm they were only at a rally a week ago and Oliver has held a fund raiser for the guy) but only if they take care of the OB first - that just hints at something unsavory
    * The stats about people being on her side - So I guess Malcolm didn't need to buy off the jury after all
    * Arrow's Fight Skills - lots of comments last week about how uneven Arrow has been on taking on his villain's. I think this week adds to it
    * Roy is more powerful that an exploding arrow
    Last edited by evaba; 01-30-2014 at 07:43 AM.

[QUOTE=deathstroke79;8028513]
    Smallville Clark's mom ran for governor.
    QUOTE]

I gave the episode a nine. Roy gets on my nerves most of the time. don't know if it is the actor or character but I have the same trouble with NCIS: Tony Dinozzo and NCIS Los Angeles: Marty Deeks. Also I think Roy will become Arsenal other than Red Arrw but then again it could be in accordance to the New 52 as Red Arrow. I do like the parallel Arrow/Roy and Hood/Slade stories.

I like that Moira is running for office it will put her at odds with her son who still supports Blood. Look forward as the story develops. Similar o Smallville storyline but in the case of the show it was Clark's dad that ran for a seat in the senate and won so
    by default Martha got the seat.

Good set up for Laurel hitting rock bottom before the family reunion. Next week the story develops more.

Also it setting up for more of Felicity's background next week and I feel there is a connection to Shado because of her body language whenever Oliver mentions the name or I may s be me.

overall it was a good episode.

I gave it a 10!!

I love Oliver and Roy together, I was waiting since season 1 for this to happen ! It was great and I was shocked when Olie revealed himself, I wasn't expecting that so soon, but it was an amazing scene and Roy's expression was priceless!!

The last scene with "Team Arrow" was so funny, I love Oliver's dry humor!!

I don't know what to say about Laurel... I just can't start to like her... I don't know if it's the acting or the writing but it's annoying me considering the fact that she will be/should be/is meant to be together with Oliver!
    They have no chemistry!

Oliver would be better off with Felicity or Sarah!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast