No announcement yet.

Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "Sharp Teeth?"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "Sharp Teeth?"

No one made a loved it/hated it thread for this episode (JEFF!), so now there is one. Talk about "Sharp Teeth" here!
    10 - Party on!
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 - This show needs sharper writing.
    0%

A very weak episode 6/10. I didn't like that they made Garth a werewolf. Felt very random and lazy writing there. I also have mixed feelings with Sam and Dean not being "brothers" anymore.

Comment

I need to see it again as I couldn't see all of it last night, but I did enjoy it. Wasn't a really promising episode from the get go, but for what I saw, I thought it was a fine filler episode. Good to see Garth live past this episode even as a monster and I liked the idea of the pack of lycanthropes as well as some cult-like behavior.

Comment

I went into this episode with two thoughts in mind--that I'm not a huge fan of Garth and I'm also not a huge fan of werewolves. So yeah, the two combined?

Anyway, so Garth gets hit by a car. Sam hears about it somehow and comes looking for him. Love that he referred to Garth with an "Ichabod Crane" reference. I read that that was deliberate from the writers because of the friendship with Sleepy Hollow and their team. And, of course, Dean's already there. (though Dean's not wearing his suit so how'd he get in?)

Dean was going to shoot Garth with adrenaline but Sam just smacks him.

The boys talk while Garth, um, well...and Sam sees the Mark of Cain.

"Did he steal a car naked?" And Dean trying to send Sam away were both great moments, as was when Sam calls Dean on it.

Okay, so Garth's a werewolf and married?! And belongs to a werewolf church group run by his father-in-law? Huh.

Oh Dean. When he told Garth about Kevin and once again put the blame squarely on himself I just sighed.

So the cop's a wolf too? (I though the looked familiar, turns out he was in the episode Asylum?) Dean ganks him and then bosses Sam around.

Ragnarok on the bullet, eh? Man, is it me or has Norse mythology become really popular since Avengers/Thor? A cult who worships Fenris? Sam should mention he wielded Thor's hammer! LOL

Sam captured *sighs*. Turns out it's the wife who is doing all this.

Those long legs of Sam's came in very handy. Heh.

Dean to the rescue!

Wait, I'm confused. I thought Garth was supposed to be 'the new Bobby' (though, of course, no one could take Bobby's place)? I realize that with the MOL HQ the boys don't need that anymore but what about other hunters? Garth just felt it was okay to shirk his responsibilities like that? And Dean's letting him off?

Okay, then came the ending. I wondered if the boys were going to part again, if this was a temp "we just worked this one case now it's back to being alone" thing. But Dean so obviously wanted Sam back at his side (despite what he had said before). But Sam's bit about not trusting him? Where's that coming from? It's pretty much in direct conflict with the Season 8 finale as well. Yes, I know Dean tricked him but Sam's done things like that before too.

And Sam wants to be partners but not brothers? Does he really think they can do that? I don't know, I think there's more they are not telling us here. At least I hope there is. Cause I'm very unhappy with how they left the boys at the end of this episode, even if they are hunting together again.

Comment

Saw it in full last night and I really enjoyed second time around. I was always a fan of Garth and how story of being in a pack of wo--lycanthropes was interesting. I only have a few nitpicks of the Sheriff's and the step-mom's eyes being brown when they turned and not yellow like everyone else, but other than that, I really liked the episode. Made me think of back in season six when the monsters' plans were to eradicate humans on Earth by turning all of them(or so far what we know was the plan with the vampires and skinwalkers).

Also, there was a fun little sentence that could play a role in the future of Dean mentioning to Garth how someone needs to write this all down, or something like that. Could that be a hint of Garth's future role in the series? With no prophets, it would be interesting if Garth makes himself a prophet by writing down the future stories of Sam and Dean of what happened after the Apocalypse.

Comment

I don't think that's what Sam meant, Welling_is_pretty. I think what Sam mean was if Dean wants to be hunters, then they can be hunters, but if they want to be brothers, then Dean can't be lying to him like he's just some hunter and then try to fall back on the whole "We're family." excuse.
            Last edited by Anno_Domini; 02-01-2014, 11:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Anno_Domini
              I think what Sam mean was if Dean wants to be hunters, then they can be hunters, but if they want to be brothers, then Dean can't be lying to him like he's just some hunter and then try to fall back on the whole "We're family." excuse.
              Hmmm, I guess he could have meant it that way. I don't know. I hope they clarify all this (actually I hope it all gets resolved soon--so tired of seeing the boys in conflict with each other) sooner rather than later.

Comment

Working...
              X
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎