1 3.13%

0 0%

0 0%
  • 1 - Spotty

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    The artist formerly known as "KryptonSite" KSiteTV's Avatar

Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "Blind Spot?"

Since I was out all night, no one was around to make a Loved It/Hated It thread, apparently.

So did you love it? Did you hate it? Talk about it here on our forum!

Pretty much on par with last week. The slow burn towards the finale continues. And while that's not always a bad thing, I can't say I liked the way everyone's suspicions about Sebastian just disappeared. I was afraid about this as soon as I heard Laurel would hit rock bottom due to her addiction. Granted, the sceme with Daily was convincing, but that just covered his trucks regarding the skull mask. It shouldn't have made everyone forget about his mother's supsicious death or the fact that his father's file was missing? The title of this episode was fitting after all.

I was kind of hoping that the island scenes would provide some storyline advancement, but they were also mostly filler. Things sure slowed down a bit after Shado's death.

My favorite part was probably the Sin-Thea-Roy scenes. I enjoyed the interactions between all 3 of them.

7/10. Was going to give it a 6, but Casey Jones' awesome cameo in the end gave it a slight bump.
    Last edited by costas22; 01-23-2014 at 01:14 AM.

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by costas22 View Post
    Pretty much on par with last week. The slow burn towards the finale continues. And while that's not always a bad thing, I can't say I liked the way everyone's suspicions about Sebastian just disappeared. I was afraid about this as soon as I heard Laurel would hit rock bottom due to her addiction. Granted, the sceme with Daily was convincing, but that just covered his trucks regarding the skull mask. It shouldn't have made everyone forget about his mother's supsicious death or the fact that his father's file was missing? The title of this episode was fitting after all.

I was kind of hoping that the island scenes would provide some storyline advancement, but they were also mostly filler. Things sure slowed down a bit after Shado's death.

My favorite part was probably the Sin-Thea-Roy scenes. I enjoyed the interactions between all 3 of them.

7/10. Was going to give it a 6, but Casey Jones' awesome cameo in the end gave it a slight bump.
    agreed. i also gave this episode a 7/10 as it was on par with last weeks episode, it seems the last 2 episodes (this weeks and last weeks episodes) were planned to be a bit slower so that more information and that all the story lines would build up so near the end of the season at one point all will blow up and most things will be revealed (as this week built up the fact that Oliver as Arrow and Roy will start to work together and the Arrow will train Roy to set Roy up as becoming Red Arrow/Speedy), and (Oliver starting to realise that he might 'like Felicity romantically ' was also setup in last weeks episode as Oliver found out that he felt jealous because Felicity was spending time with Barry and Oliver missed Felicity and Diggle pointed out that Oliver was jealous because of that which set's up Oliver and Felicity together romantically near the end of this season) if that makes sense...

But i know right, as if you still wouldn't be suspicious in the fact that Sebastian Blood's mother was actually sane/normal and told Laurel that Sebastian Blood murdered his father in front of his mother and Sebastian also was the last person to visit his mother before she died and the fact that Sebastian Blood's father's profile was ' mysteriously gone ' ! I'm just saying thats a plot home in my opinion...

but apart from that it was a pretty decent episode...

Forum Regular
    but in the island scene, what was the secret about Laurel that Sara told Oliver !?

I do not know if I like the slower paced episodes. The things I liked about the show - we are finally starting to see Laurel hit rock bottom - losing her job, and being arrested; Oliver and roy in the alley and the little gem of the subway behind Laurel and the arrow when they were on the rooftop - Arrow Line was a nice touch.

Quote Originally Posted by markom97 View Post

But i know right, as if you still wouldn't be suspicious in the fact that Sebastian Blood's mother was actually sane/normal and told Laurel that Sebastian Blood murdered his father in front of his mother and Sebastian also was the last person to visit his mother before she died and the fact that Sebastian Blood's father's profile was ' mysteriously gone ' ! I'm just saying thats a plot home in my opinion...
    I just found it weird, especially from Oliver and Quentin. Ollie is usually more cautious about people he recently met than that. Likewise, Quentin is suspicious of guys that hang out with Laurel. I understand the need to hold back on revealing Blood's identity. We are still at the half way point of the season after all. I just struggle to believe the reason they are stalling it.

Quote Originally Posted by markom97 View Post
    but in the island scene, what was the secret about Laurel that Sara told Oliver !?
    If I remember correctly, Sara had a crush on Oliver even before he dated Laurel. One time she snuck out of the house to go to one of Tommy's parties because Oliver would be there. Laurel found out about it, she told her dad and he sent the cops to the party. Sara was grounded as a result and when that was over, Laurel and Oliver were a couple. They left it a bit vague as to whether Laurel had a hidden agenda for doing what she did. The whole thing makes me more eager to see a scene between the two sisters now.

This episode was alright. Laurel's descent continues, and it affected her credibility when she did present both Ollie and her dad with reasons to mistrust Blood. It was good to see Slade again, a reminder that he is actually top dog and running the scheme -- Blood is merely a tool that can be discarded if he botches things up again.

Anyone else notice that Diggle played devil's advocate back in the Arrow den -- both reminding Ollie about Blood's do-gooder image and warning him that Laurel could be setting him up for a sting? When the truth comes out, it looks like few hands will be clean. I didn't really buy Quentin's ice-cold dismissal. "I don't, baby." Really? If anything, he should have been the most suspicious about Blood -- if only because his track record with guys too close to Laurel is to doubt them. His experience re: previous addiction issues might explain it away, but I think they still need to sell his rejection of Laurel's theories better. Pills or not, she did give him some reasons to question Blood further.

Roy's story arc was well handled, except for his sloppy sting operation on the sleazy lawyer (I guess that was there so Roy would get a wake-up call about his abilities). Other than that, I like how it all ties into the larger Blood/serum plot. Sin was great, and I liked her interaction with Thea earlier.

I could have done without the island scene, but as this was a mainly Starling City episode, it was the part of episode that suffered. We learned another reason why Ollie may have reason to second-guess Laurel (due to really ancient history) and the obvious revelation that Ivo is nuts and they're going to look for Slade.

Overall a good ep. In summary:

-Laurel's descent continues, as does Slade's scheme to isolate Ollie from those he cares about.
    -Thanks, "devil's advocate" Diggle, for making Blood look better in Ollie's eyes and, in hindsight, throwing Laurel's rep. under the bus.
    -Slade reminding Blood just who is the alpha dog of the villains in S2.
    -"I don't, baby." Ice cold, Quentin. Ice. Cold.
    -Roy becomes an official Arrow disciple. Will the serum let him stay in control?

7/10

New In Town
    Enjoyed this episode a lot, glad to see the end of Roy's "I can't tell anyone!" plot.
    I laughed at Laurel's and the Arrow's exchange:
    Laurel: He killed his mother!
    Oliver: Why would he do that?
    Laurel: To cover up that he killed his father!

Settling In
    I loved it. Was surprised about Laurel being sneaky way back when. But I guess a girl has to do what a girl has to do. But to your sister?? It took a lot of thought for Blood to cover his butt with the cop like that.. Now he is going to be able to do so much more damage.. His back will be coverd for a little while.. I wonder if Laurel will be away from the show for a while. Pulling herself together? I hope not. Hope they show all her recovery.. Oliver will be kicking his own butt when he realizes he was wrong about Laurel after all. Always go with your first insticts Oliver... I Love Sin... And cant wait to see Roy work at getting it together..

Hopeless Forum Addict Halberdier17's Avatar
    Was the person that Roy beat up was that the Star City Slayer? Sin said that he was the Starling City Slayer I think.

Forum Whiz
    This is the 1st episode of Arrow I have watched where I was bored by everything that was going on. The only saving grace in the episode was Sin and it was also nice to see Deathstroke.

Quote Originally Posted by costas22 View Post
    Granted, the sceme with Daily was convincing, but that just covered his trucks regarding the skull mask. It shouldn't have made everyone forget about his mother's supsicious death or the fact that his father's file was missing?
    Yeah not to mention Ollie goes to Blood and tells him Laurel is acting strange then later all sorts of bad things start happening to Laurel.
    Not sure why Ollie would have been fooled either. It's not like him and Diggle haven't done this sort of switcharoo with the Arrow.

On a side note. Manu as Deathstroke was awesome at the end.

Forum Regular
    I thought the episode was great! It's nice to see Laurel getting some character development between this and the last episode. But the whole time during the island scenes I was wondering what the "big secret" was going to be, as advertised in the episode synopsis... And then it hit me... what Sara was telling Oliver about [blah blah blah blah blah] was the "big secret" about Laurel. I was thinking, just based on the way the synopsis was written ("Back on the island, Oliver is surprised when Sarah reveals a secret about Laurel."), that it would be some earth-shattering, jaw-dropping, profound revelation -- she killed somebody, she trained with some League of Whatever, she can scream so loud that glass shatters around her, and has been able to do this ever since she "accidentally" ate Sara's pet canary (for which Sara still hasn't forgiven her, and thus is exacting vengeance by sleeping with her sister's boyfriend).

On another note, I thought Slade's new costume is pretty awesome! But was I seeing things wrong? It looked like the new mask was silvery and... I don't know, red, maybe. Not quite the same as orange and black, but I like it.

Crazy….Laurel finally has something to do in the episode, lol. A downward spiral is probably the best thing for her to become the next Black Canary.

And Deathstroke! That suit is magnificent and I already can't wait to see Deathstroke vs Arrow.

Posting Pro
    This was, in my opinion, very much a transitional episode for both the Island and Starling City. It also neatly ties up why Laurel would end up in a relationship with Blood despite her apparent suspicions of him. As for why suspicions about Blood would evaporate.... most people, including Laurel herself, have realized she has a substance abuse problem. As such, both Quentin and Oliver have their perception of her colored by that. In her addled state, Laurel's killed the man in the skull mask, or so she believes, and since the evidence points to Officer Daley, both Oliver and Quentin believe the case to be closed as well. As such, there's no suspicion about Blood, and with Maya Rezik dead....

On the Island: Sara reveals that Laurel may have indulged in some petty sisterly rivalry in order to begin dating Ollie without Sara getting the chance to move forward on her own crush, and Sara also has to confront the reality of her life the past year, and what it means. She moves away from simply being Ivo's little helper and joining Team Island at the end by telling Ollie they should go find Slade.

In Starling City: Roy Harper decides he can do what the Arrow would have done a year ago and deal with the Starling City Slasher (apparently based on comic character Star City Slayer?), while using his friend Sin as bait. Unfortunately, unlike his semi-mentor, Roy has no control, and no knowledge of how to handle nearly killing someone. Upon learning of the incident, Oliver hoods up to confront Roy, finally offering to teach him, and Roy accepts.

While some people might find this episode disappointing, I'd ask them to point me to a transitional episode of any TV show that is not at least somewhat disappointing. I can't think of a single one, myself, ranging from Buffy to X-Files. *I have a lot of shows I watch.*

Now, of course, the main 'saving grace' of this episode, disappointing as it might have been, can be summed up in a single word: DEATHSTROKE.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast