Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of "Road Trip"?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of "Road Trip"?

I loved this episode...except for the last few minutes. But we'll get to that.

First "The Road So Far". Cool but weird not having any music with it.

Then the music came as we watched Dean get pissed and trash the MOL HQ, well part of it.

Rockstar!Angel? Jared livetweeted (well, the West Coast) and said this was a call out to Justin Beiber (on top of his tweet about Beiber earlier). Gadreeel ganks him? Huh.

Cas, suited up and back in the game (though the new trenchcoat looks a bit off to me--too short).

"You were stupid for all the right reasons." Seriously, Cas?

Going to Crowley for help. Knew it was coming (from the previews and the spoilers) but they played it well. I find it ironic, though, that the demons actually seem to make better allies to the boys than the angels do (with the exception of Cas, that is). And Crowley was right, he did warn Kevin.

"Go get Moose, Squirrel." Heh. "The poor Giant Baby in trouble again." Ah, I love Crowley's epithet's for Sam.

Cas, Crowley and Dean walking down the street. Such a great visual. Crowley calling shotgun, Dean telling him to take the back, Cas smiles but gets shot down too. (Shotgun belongs to Sam, whether he's there or not, IMO!) Just a nice little moment in the middle of all the angst.

Tahmoh! So nice to see Gadreel's first vessel back. Though, is it me or is his hair a lighter color than before?

Metatron worked it so there are no more prophets? What? Hmmm....

The NSA listening post (how topical of SPN, which is a bit unusual) and Crowley has a demon in there? Cecily (I think that was her name) was pretty fun. I liked how they tracked the Impala.

Gadreel sent to kill his "boyfriend"? Man, I didn't think he was going to do it. When he did I lost all hope that Gad (as he's being called by fandom now, it seems) was one of the good guys.

Cas punching Sam/Gad's lights out. Ha!

Abaddon ganks the poor demon!girl.

So Gad has Sam locked in a dream of a hunt with ghouls and cheerleaders? Sounds more up Dean's alley than Sam's?

Dean apologizing to Cas for kicking him out of the bunker was a nice little scene. Though that whole bit of Dean's agony as Crowley basically tortures his brother was tough to watch.

Castiel's reaction to finding out Sam is really Gadreel. Wow, did that push Cas's buttons! Though, c'mon, Cas should know that Gadreel letting Lucifer in 'had' to happen (as per God's plan).

Dean agreeing to free Crowley if he'll possess Sam and save him. Again, knew it was coming but still powerful. And Cas taking off the tattoo. So now will Sam have to have it reapplied (he's vulnerable til he does!)? Can we (the fans) watch? *wink*

Shooting Sam to prove it's a dream. How Crowley. I did enjoy watching Sam take control back but I had a big problem with how tough it was for him. This is the guy who took on Lucifer and wrestled control back. An angel like Gadreel--who isn't even at full power? Should have been easy for Sam. Little unbelievable to me.

Gad going back to the original vessel. Yay, means more Tahmoh, I hope.

"Yes, I know, I love you too." Crowley gets all the best lines. And then his face off with Abaddon. He's going to 'campaign' for King? Interesting. Course she'll just torture people until they say yes so....

Then the last few minutes. Yes, Sam has the right to be angry at Dean for making the decision about him without his consent. But just letting him walk away like that? Hasn't Sam learned from the previous billion times before? *sighs* And what, exactly, did Sam's line about "that's not what this is about" or whatever, mean?

But man, Dean, once again with in-the-basement self esteem, thinking he's "poison"? Doesn't want anyone around him anymore? Just a gut wrenching ep. for poor Dean (though Sam got some guilt in there too with the Gad memories).

So yeah, really loved this episode except we left the boys broken (up) again! How many times do they have to go through this, writers?!
    10--epic road trip!
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1--terrible road trip!
    0%

The poll is expired.

It was a good episode. The ending was kind of weak but I liked how they worked with Crowley.
    But Sam and Dean going separete ways again.. AGAIN. lol

Comment

it frees Sam up to do spinoff appearances on Constantine and Lost Girl and Ice Truckers. tired of them always talking to each other anyways. most grown siblings move to different towns for that reason.

Comment

I'm still stuck on Sam housing both an angel and a high-level demon, at the same time. Sure, wasn't for very long, but still; that can't be 'normal'. He should start renting out his body as a vessel, that'd be a way to help 'pay the bills' for the boys' hunting.

- Ghost possession
        - Demon possession
        - Lucifer's vessel
        - Soul carrier
        - Angel vessel
        - Angel vessel + high-level demon possession
        Last edited by SVfan26; 01-17-2014, 09:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rust
          But Sam and Dean going separete ways again.. AGAIN.
          I know, right? So been there, done that...

Comment

Maybe it won't last forever? There's always that chance that something will intervene to bring them back together. It's what have to hope for during these lonely weeks when they're apart. I've got to believe that some how some way those beautiful men will find themselves doing once more the thing they always have done and always will do. But in the meantime the suspense is keeping me from being able to go to the bathroom properly. Which only gives me more reason to hold out hope. Make me regular again, boys!

Comment

Originally posted by InactiveUserID
              Maybe it won't last forever? There's always that chance that something will intervene to bring them back together.
              But in a way that's almost worse. When they have the boys separate like that and bring them back an episode or two again later, all forgiven (or buried, as that's more the Winchester way). Makes you want to point out to both the boys (Sam and Dean, I mean) and the writers that for the past several years they keep doing this. Having something divide and separate the boys (usually right after they decide nothing will ever again), then something brings them together again. They're all happy and united once more, which is great, until it all happens all over again. I just find it's getting tiresome, myself. Wish the writers would 'retire' this particular bit they keep recycling, you know?

Comment

Working...
              X
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎