No announcement yet.

Clois Christmas Exchange 2013

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clois Christmas Exchange 2013

Hey Everyone, here is the exchange thread for the Christmas exchange.

Participants:
    Genny
    KatherineKent
    malft
    clois4ever30
    FWvidchick

First two gifts were posted

Originally posted by KatherineKent
    Just posted my Christmas gift. No idea who it is supposed to be for, but I need to get it posted, for many reasons. Enjoy.

Under the Spotlight - one shot Christmas Story.

Short summary: Set in an alt universe in which Clark revealed himself to the world at 18 years old and is the most famous man/celebrity in the world. Lois Lane is the most famous/glamorous News discussion/talk-show host. What will happen when Superman is a guest on her show. More suited to the LnC:TNAOS version yet you could easily imagine Tom and Erica, but a very different back story with no previous interaction or meetings.
    Originally posted by clois4ever30
    I've also posted my story - here's the link: The First Christmas
    KatherineKent's gift is for malft

and clois4ever30's gift is for FWvidchick

Comment

I've posted the next part to my fic, The First Christmas.

Comment

This Christmas story is Genny's (oops sorry Victoria) gift. Hope you don't mind that it's also the 8th Chapter of Lois Goes to Met U.

Lois Goes to Met U

Christmas Break 2004

From her perch flat in the bed, Lois looked around her hospital room. She tried to rise to a sitting position by raising the head of the bed, but if she passed twenty degrees she got a migraine, could life get any worse? She wanted to cry with frustration and start yesterday over again. She’d taken to the dog so quickly and it seemed to like her; how could this have gone so wrong? She knew Clark would have been in stitches from laughing at her, but he hadn’t come to see her since he’d gone off to do God knows what several hours ago.

She had to spend Christmas Eve in the hospital, for bringing that dog she knew that she was highly allergic to; into her room. She couldn’t breathe throuh her nose, her sinuses were slammed shut and she whistled with each breath now. She had to breathe through her mouth now and it was making her throat dry and painful. It had almost swollen shut this time and the Doctor in the ER wanted to be sure that her body was recovered fully; before letting her go home.

The nurse came in with lunch and after she sat the tray on the table and maneuvered Lois into a sitting position she introduced herself.

“Hi Lois, I’m Lenore. I’m your nurse today, can I get you anything?” She asked. Lois had grimaced and closed her eyes tightly; she spoke without opening them.

“What do you have for a migraine?” She growled. She coughed violently for a minute and spit into a tissue. “Excuse me that happens quite a bit.” Lois said.

“That’s from the mucus running down your throat; when we get the sinuses unclogged that should clear up also. That pain behind your eyes is the pressure in your sinuses; it will clear up in a minute or so just hang in there.” She said fluffing the pillow. Lois could feel the goo in her head moving. Like the jelly in a lava lamp, it was fluid and solid at the same time. That’s so weird, she thought.

She picked up the silverware that was rolled tightly in a napkin and pulled it apart. It was a real challenge with her hands wrapped so that she couldn’t scratch herself. With sweat inducing concentration; she unrolled the utensils putting each piece in a precise formation on the tray. By taking extra tiny bites she could chew quickly then stop to breathe. Finally more out of frustration than feeling full she stopped eating and drank her coffee. She could hear Mrs. Kent’s voice as she spoke to Lenore in the hallway. Martha came in with something draped over her arm.

“How are you feeling Lois, you didn’t eat all of your food, don’t you feel better yet?” Martha asked.

“I can’t breathe through my nose, so I can’t eat and breathe at the same time.” Lois replied testily although she sounded more like Scrooge McDuck than herself right now.

“Well here’s something that will brighten your mood. I laundered your flannel pajamas and brought them so you can wear them,” Martha said, “We’re going to hold off on presents tomorrow until afternoon, so that you can be there.”

“Thank you; that’s so thoughtful,” Lois said holding her hand to her chest as though pushing the words out. She coughed more and longer than the last time plopping back in the mattress as though spent by the racking cough.

“Does it hurt to talk, sweetheart?” Martha asked. Lois nodded and Martha stepped out and came back with the nurse.

“Lois says it hurts her chest to talk, that doesn’t sound like any allergic reaction I’ve ever seen.” Martha said.

Lenore checked Lois’s vitals again and listened to her chest with her stethoscope. “I’ll ring the on-call doctor and see what he wants to do,” she said, “Please try to relax until I get back.” Lois nodded and the nurse left to go call the doctor. Martha put Lois’s pajamas in the cabinet and said goodbye.

“You need to get some rest Lois; I’ll call Clark and make sure he knows not to disturb you. I want to make another visit while I’m here. Have you ever met Ben Hubbard or his wife Debra, Lois?” Martha asked.

“I’ve heard all of you mention them, but if I met them it must have been years ago.” Lois said.

“Debra’s in a room on the third floor, she’s got gangrene in her arm they’re trying to treat. I’ll drop in and check up on her. I’ll be back to see you before I leave.”

“Thanks again, Mrs. K.; for everything,” Lois said as Martha left.

Lois lay in the bed watching “Miracle on Thirty-Fourth Street” and trying to breathe. Lenore had brought her a more powerful antihistamine, a pitcher of ice water and a large bowl of ice chips to let melt on her tongue so that her throat wouldn’t dry out. She had to pour the chips into her mouth from the bowl because of the wraps on her hands. She chewed them like popcorn and by the time the movie ended her chest felt better and she thought she could feel air moving through her nose. Whatever the doctor had given her was finally working; she turned off the TV and managed to fall into a deep sleep. At five p.m. Clark entered the room and walking to the bed he touched Lois’s cheek tenderly and bent to kiss it.

Martha had finished visiting Ben Hubbard’s wife Debra, who had cut herself on a piece of equipment and was in the hospital because she’d treated her cut with a home remedy instead of a tetanus booster. Martha stayed and talked to her old friend for almost two hours before Ben had returned to resume his vigil. She said goodbye and went back to the nurses’ station to talk to Lenore. She went over Lois’s prognosis and stopped in at Lois’s room to say goodbye; dialing Clark’s number as she came in. Closing her phone, she disconnected before Clark’s phone could ring.

“I thought you’d be doing your last minute Christmas shopping, honey.” Martha whispered as she joined him beside the bed

“I’m finished shopping; I bought all my presents’ months ago.” Clark said quietly stroking Lois’s face, brushing back a strand of hair.

“Even for Lois; you didn’t know if you’d ever see her again until she showed up back in October.”

“I still have the gift I was going to give her a couple of years ago. She’ll still like it I think.”

“Well, if you’re sure you want to stay here; I’ll call you when suppers ready. Please come home and eat with your Dad and me. You can tell us how Lois is doing; with everything. We should have talked about it before now, but with you graduating next month and going to Met U early; we need to let you two know what we expect.” Martha said.

Clark looked at Martha and nodded; she turned and left leaving Clark holding Lois’s gloved and gauzed hand.

Clark turned and fanned smoke away from his face; he’d just blown out a fire in a tool shed. He took one more look to confirm that he’d taken care of the emergency then sped to the house and up to the bathroom for a quick shower to lose the smoky smell his clothing reeked of. He reappeared and walked to the table as his parents were pulling out their chairs. Jonathon said grace then took a bite and chewed, grinning widely. He washed it down with some tea, then leaned over to Martha and kissed her on the cheek,

“That’s what I call a sandwich honey; you’ve outdone yourself with the new rub.”

Clark took a bite and grinned, “That is good, Mom.” He said.

“Thank you, but it’s Lois’s recipe; she got it from her Dad. I just followed her directions.” She said taking her first bite.

“Speaking of Lois; we need to talk about some things relating to your relationship.” Jonathan said to Clark.

“Okay; I think I know where this is going, but I’ll listen.” Clark said pushing his plate back and crossing his arms.

Lois was sitting up in the bed, not only couldn’t she scratch her incredibly itchy body parts; she couldn’t run the TV controller or the bed adjustment. She finally screamed bloody murder until Lenore came in to chastise her; but stopped as Lois held up her hands and glared at her. She took out her scissors and cut away several layers of the gauze leaving the thick cotton gloves that were taped onto her wrists.

“Your skin is itchy because your hives are going away, Lois. Be patient and by tomorrow you’ll be all one color again. Please try not to scratch yourself. I can give you something to make you sleep if that would help.” Lenore said.

“I’ll keep that in mind; I just want control over the stuff in my space here.” Lois insisted.

Clark listened as Jonathan talked about how he was expected to conduct himself away at College and specifically how he should behave toward Lois.

“We understand that you kids are connected in some way that we can’t fully grasp, but that’s no excuse for you two to jump into bed together.”

“Your being connected to Lois has to mean something deeper than just a physical relationship.” Martha said. “I think she’s meant to play a very important role in your life Clark. Something we can’t even begin to understand. Please tell us that you and Lois will at least wait to finish College before you even think about getting married.”

“You and Dad didn’t wait to finish College and no offense, but Lois and I have much more than just being soul-mates going for us.” Clark said idly stirring the food on his plate.

“An unplanned pregnancy can ruin the best intentions of regular people; you and Lois can’t assume that you’d be more able to cope than your Mom and I could.” Jonathan said. Clark’s head snapped up and he looked from his Dad to his Mom’s sad expression.

“I never heard about this before.” Clark said.

Jon shifted in his chair and cleared his throat, “It’s a painful memory for us Clark. My Dad was dying and I had to leave college to manage the farm. Your Mom came to me with the news and we moved up our wedding plans.”

“I was able to finish my degree and I don’t think I was showing yet at graduation. A week into my second trimester I had a miscarriage. At our wedding we tried to look happy and we were, but we still felt that we’d failed somehow and it took a long time for us to move on from the tragedy. Sometimes I feel the weight of the ‘almost babies,’ that I lost and I don’t want you or Lois to ever have to go through that.”

Despite her fatigue and the antihistamines; that usually would make her sleep soundly for several hours; Lois couldn’t get into a deep sleep rhythm and dozed fitfully all night. She finally abandoned the attempt at five a.m. for the farm report.

Christmas Eve it turned out was the most magical night of the year, as several inches of heavy snow coated everything in sight by morning. The snow plows were out already clearing the highways and salting every designated snow route in town so the roads were passable. At least Lois wouldn’t be trapped at the hospital. She breathed a sigh of relief and almost screamed when she realized, she could breathe through her nose.

Lois lay in the bed looking look out the window; watching a large four wheel drive pickup with a blade attached running through the parking lots. Every car that had sat overnight was blocked in by the pile of snow the plow kicked up behind them. Breakfast was served and Lois ate and then went to the bathroom to take a shower. Coming back to the bed with her hair in a towel, she slipped on her pajamas. She climbed back into the bed and settled herself on top of the sheets and blanket as Lenore brought her a fresh cup of coffee.

“Wouldn’t you be more comfortable under the blanket?” Lenore asked her.

“No offense, but as soon as the doctor clears me I don’t want anything else between me and my clothes.” Lois said. Lenore chuckled and left as Lois grabbed her purse off of the night table and fished her cell phone out to call Clark. The sun had come up making a murky day with the heavy cloud cover. Snow had begun falling again as Lois showered and she was glad Clark was coming to pick her up; she didn’t want to have to dig out her car today. Clark’s phone rang several times before it was answered by a woman obviously in great pain.

“Who is this?” The woman screamed into the phone causing Lois to snatch it from her ear and lay it in her lap.

“Isn’t this Clark Kent’s phone?” Lois asked.

“I don’t know, my brother just handed this to me. Who’s Clark Kent?”

“Oh that’s for me,” Lois heard Clark’s voice in the background. Clark, standing next to the car walked several high stepped tracks in the snow from the car and tried to be heard over the wind that blew at a steady 30 mph sending any loose snow into drifts that looked like the waves of a frozen ocean. The weather bureau had declared the blowing snow and ices a blizzard and were predicting up to thirty inches before the storm would end.

“How are you feeling Lois?” Clark asked.

“I’m much better. What are you doing?” She asked back.

“I’m helping these people dig out their car they have to get to the hospital.” He said.

“Is someone hurt?” Lois asked.

“This lady is having a baby and I don’t want her to have it here; any more than she does.”

“Why don’t you call the ambulance?”

“This street hasn’t been plowed and the ambulance wouldn’t be able to get in here, so I’m going to push the car out for them. I was going to run her to the hospital, but I can’t get her brother to leave us alone. Here talk to Susan I have to get back to work.” Clark said handing the phone to Susan who was laid in the back seat. “Susan Lois, Lois Susan.” He said.

Clark pushed the car out into the ruts left by the vehicles that could travel down the road and climbed into the driver’s seat with Susan’s brother Carl riding shotgun and holding his sisters hand as she struggled to endure the pain she felt.

Lois isn’t any better than Missy at birthing babies, Lois thought flashing to a favorite scene of hers from Gone with the Wind, but she had been instructed in some deep breathing techniques to help her with the panic attacks she sometimes endured.

“Do your breathing Susan!” Lois said, trying to be supportive. Her voice was still more of a croak and she had to sip water to keep her throat from feeling dry. Susan screamed and swore, sometimes beating the seat back with her fist. Clark drove steadily toward the hospital at ten miles per hour; even though anything past the hood of the car was hidden behind a veil of blowing snow. He used his heat vision to keep the snow from building up on the windshield and his x-ray vision to see through the storm. Carl spent the entire ride turned to the back seat holding his sister’s hand even through her worst pain when her grip rivaled slamming his hand in the car door.

“Clark says your brother is with you, how did you end up with him being there?” Lois asked afraid to insinuate any bias towards the woman’s personal choices.

“My husband is working in the Middle East, so I came to Smallville to see my brother’s new house over Christmas. I’m not due for another month, but my water broke around midnight.” Susan said. Her last contraction had subsided and she was relaxed, but feeling goofy as the stress eased.

“I’m an Army brat myself,” Lois asked, “Which unit is he in?”

“He’s not in the Army; he’s a civilian that’s with them. He drives a semi tractor-trailer rig in the convoys. Are you all right? You’re voice sounds funny.” Susan said.

“I’m allergic to the new dog. I spent too much time with it and I just got back to where I can breathe through my nose.” Lois croaked.

“I hope you feel better soon.” Susan said. She put the phone on her stomach and set it on speaker so that she could hear Lois as she went through the next contraction.

“Do your breathing Susan,” Lois exhorted her making a “hu ha” sound in the rhythm she remembered from her Panic Attack therapy.

“My Lamaze coach is back in Junction City.” Susan said grimacing.

“I’ll stay with you as long as they let me.” Lois promised; she said a prayer of thanks while surfing the internet looking for instructions for Lamaze breathing. She read quietly until Susan asked,

“Are you still there Lois?”

“Yes, I’m right here I had to look something up, so I’m all ready to help.”

“Just try to keep me focused. I know how to breathe, so you don’t have to hyperventilate on my account.”

“What do you do? Are you a housewife or do you have another career?” Lois asked.

“I’m a pharmacy assistant; I count the pills into the bottles when you get a prescription.”

“That should be a steady job.”

“It’s more interesting than it sounds.” Susan said. She rolled her head to loosen her neck and yelled at Clark. “How about driving faster grandma; I don’t want to have this kid in the car.”

“Safety first,” Clark said; his mind fixed on other things than wit. They’d finally reached the driveway to the Emergency Room. He turned in and prayed the car would make the climb to the doors; it wasn’t steep, but a slight grade to drain rain water.

Clark kept light but steady pressure on the gas and the car made it to the doors. Carl leapt out and ran in calling for help. The ER nurse and two orderlies ran out with a wheel chair and helped Susan out of the car and into the chair. They ran her back inside leaving Clark sitting alone in the car; he sagged against the wheel having survived the single scariest half hour of his life. After a moment he gathered himself and drove around to the parking area. He parked the car and retrieved his phone from the back seat; then went inside to visit Lois; he dropped off the keys to the car at the nurse’s station and walked toward the elevators. Hopefully she’ll have been released and I can take her home. He froze at the elevator, then turned and sped out the door to get the truck. Another agonizingly slow drive across town and he once again stood at the elevator doors waiting for the car.

Lois put on her bravest face and waited for the doctor to finish examining her. He’d listened to her breathe and looked with his shiny thingy up her nose and down her throat and even in her ears. What’s he expecting to find?
        Lois wondered.

He stood up and hung his stethoscope around his neck holding the ends as was his habit.

“I’ll sign you out Miss Lane, it’s Christmas after all and I’d probably let you go if you’d been shot,” He smiled and held for the laugh that wasn’t coming, “as long as you weren’t still bleeding of course”

He chuckled and turned to leave. “Merry Christmas Miss Lane,” he said giving her a little salute as he left.

Lois sat in bed for three whole seconds to let the doctor reach the hallway then jumped up and grabbed her clothes from the closet. She ducked into the bathroom and dressed quickly; then came back and sat in the chair tapping her foot impatiently waiting for Clark to appear. Several agonizing minutes went by before Clark walked through the door.

“Get me out of here!” Lois said pushing her bag of laundry at him. She shouldered her purse and drug him out into the hall. A nurse stopped them.

“Lois, I have to go over your release papers with you.” She said. Lois looked like a caged animal at the nurse. Clark put his arm around her, “Couldn’t we do that as we leave?” He asked. Lois nodded.

“I suppose so, but you have to stay in the room until an orderly brings a wheelchair.”

“Oh all right,” Lois said sagging visibly and turning back to the room.

Another five minutes dragged by as the nurse covered Lois’s instructions for her release. As if on cue the orderly walked in with the wheelchair.

“Hop in,” he said looking at Lois.

“You’re kidding right?” She asked.

“It’s hospital policy,” he said, “If you want to leave you have to go for a ride.” He said smiling.

“Oh bother,” Lois said plopping into the chair. Clark walked along beside the chair until they got down to the lobby.

“I’ll go get the truck and be right back.” He said. Lois looked at him as though she wanted to scream. “I’ll only be a minute; I swear honey.” He said.

He went out the revolving door as Lois and the orderly waited watching the snow fly in every direction. The weather was taking a definite turn for the worse as they waited.

Clark blasted the windshield of the truck with heat vision to clear the layer of ice the melting snow had made and pulled up to the front doors. He scooped Lois out of her chair and tucked her into the cab. With a wave they drove out of the parking lot and joined the struggling traffic on Mercer St.

“This isn’t the way to the farm what’s up Smallville?” Lois asked.

“I have something I want to show you and then we’ll go home.” Clark said.

They took the road out of town to the bypass Lois remembered from her parent’s accident before she was born. Clark pulled off onto a new, but unpaved road and drove up to a barricade that announced: KSU Archaeological Site. No unauthorized persons allowed.

“Is it all right that we’re here?” Lois asked.

“Sure. I discovered the cave; so they let me come and go as I please.” Clark said. He helped her walk the unfamiliar ground into the opening of the cave and flipped the switch to illuminate the interior.

“I found this more than a year ago. Lex and his Dad had quite the battle deciding who was going to exploit the find. It was one of the things Lex and I argued about.”

“Who made these paintings?” Lois asked as she turned in a circle looking at the hieroglyphs and paintings that adorned the cave walls.

“The Kawatchie Indians lived here for hundreds of years. They made these paintings that tell the story of Sageeth and Naman who were as close as brothers, but became sworn enemies. They also; in this picture here,” Clark said pointing, “tell of a woman with dark hair that is Naman’s soul mate. She wears this bracelet that symbolizes their union.”

“That’s beautiful; does any of this apply to you or am I freezing my skittles off for the nickel tour?” Lois asked.

Clark took a package out of his coat pocket and handed it to Lois.

“I wanted to give you this, I thought of sending it to you I England and then we lost touch so I’ve just had it waiting. I think it’s meant for you.” He said.

Lois took the package as her hands shook. She peeled the wrapping off and opened the box. The physical form of the beautiful bracelet lay inside the box. Lois gasped slightly; it looked priceless.

“Are you sure this shouldn’t be in a museum somewhere?” She asked as Clark reached into the box and picked it up. He placed it on her left wrist and hooked the clasps. He looked at Lois who had teared up as she watched him. She smiled broadly at him and rose up and kissed him as the bracelet slid slightly on her arm.

After a long kiss Clark said, “Actually there’s more if you can stand it for a minute longer.”

“I’m not cold anymore.” Lois said.

Clark took the octagonal key out of his back pocket and stepped to the wall sliding it into place. An intense light shown from a growing slit in the wall. It finally opened to reveal a stone altar forty two inches tall. Clark took her hand and walked her into the small room.

“This is how my father came to Earth from Krypton on that last day; when he gave your mom that blood transfusion.” Clark said.

“I remember,” Lois said, “We aren’t going to Krypton are we?”

“It’s not there anymore; it was destroyed somehow that same day.” Clark said sadly.

“I’m sorry Clark; I forgot you told me that at the time. You and your mom were waiting for him to return from the Kent’s with permission to come here and live. He lost that chance when he stopped to help my parents when they had an accident on the highway right outside of this cave here.” Lois said.

“He did the right thing Lois, I’ll always believe that.” Clark said. Lois looked at the altar; in the center was a diamond shaped depression with symbols at the corners. In one section lay a crystal with an etching that matched the symbol in the depression where it fit.

“What’s this?” Lois asked touching the crystal with a finger.

“I’m supposed to find the other chunks of this crystal piece. It was broken into three pieces sometime in the past and the pieces were hidden. This piece was in Egypt.”

“You went to Egypt? How’d you swing that?”

“Lex went to Egypt and dug it up in the Valley of the Kings.” Clark said.

“How’d you get it from him?” Lois asked, “I can’t imagine Lex Luthor parting with something this ancient and rare without a protracted court battle.”

“I was Kal El for a couple of days before my mom brought me back with a black meteor rock. Kal El flew and retrieved the crystal from Lex who was flying back to the US with it.” Clark said.

“You flew?”

“Kal El flew, Clark Kent is still grounded.” Clark said.

“We can’t let Lex know this is here or he’ll find some way to claim it, as if it were part of the caves.” Lois said taking Clark’s hand.

“You seem to know Lex pretty well for someone who’s been out of the country for four years.” Clark said.

“I read,” Lois said turning to leave. Clark closed the altar room and told Lois,

“I keep this key hidden in the loft, don’t ever let anyone take it from you. It’s my birthright; or curse depending on how my day is going.”

“Let’s go home; I want some coffee and some cough syrup for my throat.” Lois said, grabbing his arm and trying to hide from the wind as they walked to the truck.
        Last edited by malft; 01-12-2014, 07:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by malft
          This Christmas story is Victoria's gift. Hope you don't mind that it's also the 8th Chapter of Lois Goes to Met U.
          Woo hoo, thanks Mike. Seems that my present was for you too. Hope you enjoyed it.

Comment

I did Victoria; it was one of those brilliant ideas that I always gnash my teeth and growl "I wish I'd thought of that!"

Comment

My Gift is for KatherineKent / Victoria. I hope you like it hun. Merry (late) Christmas!

(best in hd)

I'll have a downloadable version I'll send you tomorrow when I get up.

clois4ever30

I'll read my present tomorrow and leave you a lovely cookie. Thanks so much!

Comment

Um some wires got crossed. I just dble checked my giftee and my pm def says Katherinekent.but mike already gave her one. Who is now giftless?

Comment

Originally posted by FWvidchick
                  My Gift is for KatherineKent / Victoria. I hope you like it hun. Merry (late) Christmas!

(best in hd)

I'll have a downloadable version I'll send you tomorrow when I get up.

Absolutely gorgeous Jen. I love it. Thank you.

Comment

Okay, let me clear up the confusion, clois4ever30 will be getting a gift once I finish it, I'm making that gift.

malft was supposed to make a gift for me (Genny).

and FWvidchick was making a gift for KatherineKent.

I have no idea how this got confused because I checked the messages they definitely said the right people.

Comment

Originally posted by Genny
                      Okay, let me clear up the confusion, clois4ever30 will be getting a gift once I finish it, I'm making that gift.

malft was supposed to make a gift for me (Genny).

and FWvidchick was making a gift for KatherineKent.

I have no idea how this got confused because I checked the messages they definitely said the right people.
                      it happens. Tbh i was really worried i had messed up (would so be me with my migraine haze) and i was like but I put 'KatherineKent' in the video.. NOo which sent me racing to dble check my message. It's not unfixable.

Comment

NO the mistake was mine I still have Genny's message in my in box.

Comment

Originally posted by malft
                          NO the mistake was mine I still have Genny's message in my in box.
                          *hugs*

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎