Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Something Between Us - Davis Bloome/Chloe Sullivan (Clavis)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something Between Us - Davis Bloome/Chloe Sullivan (Clavis)

Title: Something Between Us
    Author: phillydragonldy
    Pairing: Chloe/Davis, Clavis
    Rating: PG - T depending upon chapter
    Timeline: All of Season 8.
    Disclaimer: All characters belong to the CW & DC comics.
    Summary: There is something unfathomable between Chloe and Davis Bloome...

So one of the main reason I signed up for this account was to tell the Offscreensville story of Davis and Chloe from Smallville. This is my favorite dynamic of the series and while there is a lot of really excellent fanfiction out there, I didn't think any told the full story. In the spirit of the absolutely fantastic style of apeygirl I wanted to write a canon-true(ish) story about their relationship. Though I am not willing to promise to stay 100% true to canon, because frankly some of it just made no sense or I thought a tweak would better suit my story.

I do however promise not to bash Jimmy. I think he gets a raw deal in a lot of fics, because he is in the way of another ship. But he was Chloe's first love. With all the naïveté that involves, and will be treated as such.

You can also read this story with explicit sections on my livejournal account: http://phillydragonldy.livejournal.com

Pairing: Chloe/Davis, Clavis
    Rating: This chapter PG
    Warnings: None this chapter.
    Timeline: Will be all of Season 8. This chapter - Plastique.
    Disclaimer: All characters belong to the CW & DC comics.
    Summary: There is something unfathomable between Chloe and Davis Bloome...

Davis Bloome laid in bed and couldn't figure out why he was awake before the alarm. His body knew to sleep when it could. Years of being a paramedic with an erratic sleep schedule, off-hours, and grueling days and nights of work trained his body and mind to shut OFF when it could. So being awake early was very strange. He felt jittery and he didn't know why. It wasn't like the feeling he associated with an oncoming blackout period. It was something...else.

He decided to give up on sleep and do some clean up around the apartment until it was time to get ready for work.

**************************************************************************************************

Chloe walked down the street towards The Daily Planet. She was 6 blocks away from the building before she was finally able to find an open meter. She knew it was silly, but she just couldn't justify spending $25 per day to park in a garage to be closer. She was daydreaming about what to order at the cafe. She was taking Clark out to lunch to celebrate his first day on the job. Turkey on rye? Soup? No. A burger. With fries. And a caramel macchiato. God, she had missed her fancy coffee drinks in the DDS facility. Even if it wasn't a real DDS facilty, the food sure felt like government issue. It had been appropriately inedible. Now she couldn't stop ordering all the wonderful, terrible-for-you-but-utterly-delicious foods she hadn't had in months.

If she never saw another plate of mac-and-beef or green jello she would die happy.

The billows of dust and smoke in the air, along with sirens and lights and swarming emergency personnel interrupted her happy thoughts as she turned from the cross-street to the block down from The Daily Planet. She hitched her bag more securely on her shoulder and ran up to the police barricade, cursing her choice to wear heels. She quickly saw there had been a terrible bus accident. The burned out husk of the bus was over on its side and people were milling around. She noticed a pretty teenage girl stumbling and collapse to the ground out of view of the rescue personnel. She dodged around the barricade and to the girl's side. The girl was bleeding and coughing. Eyes wide, she looked around and called for help.

"Can somebody help us over here, please?! Over here!"

**************************************************************************************************

Davis arrived at the accident scene. It was a bad one. He knew the Met Gen emergency ward would be busy today.

His finely tuned ears caught the calls of a woman yelling for help. He had particularly good hearing and as an EMT the word "Help" always caught his attention, but this call cut through all the others. He turned and focused on the voice. A familiar beautiful blonde woman crouched down with an obviously injured teen girl immediately captured his attention. It was HER. He had seen her from time to time at the hospital, but had never thought of a way to approach her. The way she held the girl in her embrace instinctively sent a frisson of something through him. He wasn't sure what it was and he didn't have time to examine it. He steeled himself and ran towards the pair.

"Was she on the bus?" he asked the beautiful blonde as he dropped his bag and knelt in from of the girl.

"I don't know."

Davis deftly positioned maneuvered his bag and pulled out an oxygen tank and mask. Unwinding the mask, he handed the tank to the blonde.

"I need you to, uh, hold on to this for me."

"Okay."

Turning to the injured girl, he asked, "What's your name?"

"Bette," the girl answered as she tried to catch her breath.

He turned the knob to start the flow of oxygen to the mask.

"You inhaled a lot of smoke, Bette. We're gonna give you a little fresh air," he said as he pulled the elastic strap out and over her head to secure the mask.

"Take slow, deep breaths. Try to stay calm, okay?" he said as he settled the mask in place. "I'm gonna check you over. Tell me if anything hurts."

He began the quick field examination for concussion - checking her head for lumps and looking into her frightening eyes. The girl's hand gripped over the woman's and her eyes kept turning to the blonde for reassurance. It was as if she could sense that this was a person she could trust.

Davis knew how she felt.

Even with her obvious worry, there was something about the blonde that spoke of a deep strength. Something that made you think that if she was in charge, then everything would turn out RIGHT.

"Hang in there, Bette. It's okay," the blonde woman told Bette, smiling reassuringly.

"You're doing great," he said to Bette, continuing his exam.

His eyes darted to the blonde and briefly met hers. Her eyes were green. He had never been close enough to her before to notice her eye color. Green. He had always liked blue before, but suddenly he found he preferred green-eyed women.

"You too," he said to her.

"Thank god you heard me."

Meeting her eyes again he replied "You're hard to miss."

Looking back at Bette he concluded the exam, "Look at me. Well, Bette, apart from breathing in all that smoke, you're gonna be okay. We should still get you to Met General just to be sure."

He turned and pointed to his ambulance.

"You think you can make it to my rig?"

At her nod he replied, "Okay."

Grabbing the oxygen tank from the ground, he and the blonde helped to lift Bette to her feet.

Looking over Bette's head he asked the blonde, "Can you grab my bag?"

"Yeah of course."

"Thanks, ah..."

"Chloe."

"Davis. You make a good wingman, Chloe - or wingperson."

He made a face at his idiotic comment.

Wingperson??? Get a grip, Davis. What is wrong with you?

She smiled and raised her eyebrows in an amused and slightly embarrassed-for-him way.

"Thank you for your help," he finished and led Bette to the ambulance.

Comment

I moved this story to Fanfiction.net for the T/PG-13 version. You can find the NC-17 version in the Adult section for K-site.

Comment

Working...
      X
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎