Sandman Movie (TBA)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sandman Movie (TBA)

From CBR:

Joseph Gordon-Levitt is attached to produce (and possibly star in) a "Sandman" feature film. According to the original report over at Deadline, Gordon-Levitt will work with David Goyer to adapt the film, and may also be eyeing the director's chair for the film. No matter what his involvement, should Gordon-Levitt's deal actually go through, it's a very exciting prospect. His latest film, Don Jon, debuted to a positive critical response, and it'll certainly be interesting to see what he does with "Sandman." That said, he's currently only signed on as a producer, as revealed on Twitter earlier today.
    His Tweet:

Just to clarify, folks. I've signed on as a producer on Sandman. The rest remains to be seen. Delighted you guys are excited. I am too!

Which one?

The one where they're using his powers under the name of Hourman or the other one whose sister is literally Death?

Comment

Originally posted by hopeless
      Which one?

The one where they're using his powers under the name of Hourman or the other one whose sister is literally Death?
      The one where his sister is literally death.

They are using the Neil Gaiman version of the character.
      Last edited by Halberdier17; 12-18-2013, 10:57 AM.

Comment

Goyer again? Meh. He should get Gaiman to script it.

EDIT: Looks like Gaiman will have some input. Good.

Last edited by Exedore; 12-18-2013, 09:02 PM.

Comment

I really think that Thomas Haden Church could play Sandman.

Comment

Well at least their choice certainly is interesting and sounds that unlike Hourman they should do it justice!

Comment

Jack Thorne will write the screenplay for Sandman based on the pitch from David Goyer to Warner Bros and based on the classic Neil Gaiman comic book

The Sandman shifts between horror and fantasy, and the central character is Morpheus, the personification of dreams. After being held captive 70 years, Morpheus escapes, gains revenge and rebuilds his crumbling kingdom while trying to adapt to the times.

EXCLUSIVE: Jack Thorne has been set to script Sandman at Warner Bros based on the pitch that David Goyer made for his treatment for the Neil Gaiman comic book classic. Joseph Gordon-Levitt is producing with Goyer and the hope is for him to star and possibly direct. Gordon-Levitt made his feature directorial debut on the […]

Comment

I'm not familiar with Jack Thorne's work.

I'm interested in the movie and hope it is good.

Comment

I could see JGL as Daniel but he seems too young and boyish for Morpheus. I'm not sure he'll be able to pull it off.

And will we see the rest of the Endless (Tilda Swinton for Desire. Calling it now.), I wonder?

Sounds like it will be adapting the first story or so.

Comment

Gotta re-read Sandman for sure.

Comment

Interview with Joseph Gordon-Levitt. The Interview is mainly about Sin City: A Dame to Kill For but it does include some about Sandman.

Actors are often known to tap the directors they work with for information or tips. And you're about to do a big comic-book movie. Is "Sandman" still happening?

We're working towards it.

So where are you with "Sandman" right now?

Right now we're working on a script. It's me and Goyer and the screenwriter and Neil Gaiman, as well as the good folks at DC and Warner Bros. It's a really cool team of people. It's a lot of the same people who worked on the Nolan "Batman" movies. It's really exciting. There's not a script yet, we're still kind of working it out because it's such a complicated adaptation because "Sandman" wasn't written as novels. "Sin City" was written as a novel. "Sandman" is 75 episodic issues. There's a reason people have been trying and failing to adapt "Sandman" for the past 20 years.

Do you have the right take to finally make it happen?

You know, we're still in the middle of it, so I don't want to make any claims, but I think we've got the right ideas.

Have you talked about a "Sandman" universe?

It's such a huge world. We're definitely talking about in terms of a whole world.

Would you be down for tackling other aspects of this universe?

Who knows man?! I'm flattered you're asking. But I can't say anything committal.

Comment

Thanks for info. I had forgotten about this film because hadn't heard anything for a while, honestly.

Comment

As to why it wasn't announced with WB/DC movie slate.

Sandman creator Neil Gaiman said:

"[Sandman's] not a DC Comics film. It’s a Vertigo film. That’s a different slate of films, and a different announcement."

Despite talk last month about the script being worked on, Sandman wasn't mentioned by name in today's WB news release of scheduled DC Comics films. There are previously mentioned release dates without...

Comment

We can't use tumblr as a source even though it is Neil Gaiman's tumblr profile that is the source of the news.

We don't need to include the link just use the quote.

Comment

Your UK TV and radio guide to what's on TV and on demand plus all the latest entertainment, soap, film and drama news and reviews from Radio Times.

Neil Gaiman mentions in an interview with Radio Times who he would like to play Morpheus. He also gives an update on how the script is progressing.

"I really am [glad to have more input]," he says. "My position on it has always been, for over 25 years now, I would rather see no Sandman movie than a bad Sandman movie. A couple of times, people say, 'It's a crime there's never been a Sandman movie', and a couple of times, to be honest, I have thrown my body in front of a bus on a couple of bad ones over the years. I'm just happy that no bad Sandman movie has ever been made. But I'm really hoping that a good one will be. They're a good team. And with Joseph Gordon-Levitt in charge, his instincts are good and he loves the material. He wants it to be true to the material."

"Every now and then, I'll come in and last time I was in was earlier this year spending a day in a hotel room with Joe, and going over everything and answering questions with him and so on and so forth. So they've written a script. I got a phone call about two, three weeks ago from Joe and David saying, 'Jack did a script, we read it, we want some things done to it. We want you to see it, but not this version. The next version will be in three weeks and then you'll be the first person to see it.' So I am now a week before seeing the script. It's going to come in just before Christmas. I'm nervous, I'm on tenterhooks. But do I have good feelings? Yeah I do."

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎