Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sandman Movie (TBA)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joseph Gordon-Levitt updated us on the status of his 'Sandman' adaptation, and he promised it won't be like anything we've ever seen before.

Joseph Gordon-Levitt gives an update on Sandman.

Comment

Update about Sandman and other DC Comics and Vertigo properties.

Warner Bros. moves Sandman and every future Vertigo property to New Line.

DC films will all be handled by Warner Bros. except for Shazam which is at New Line.

Dark Universe is still at Warner Bros. instead of New Line.

Comment

The movie has a new writer in the form of Eric Heisserer (The Conjuring 2)

Comment

Though a new writer was announced yesterday, Joseph Gordon-Levitt has revealed he has departed from the Sandman movie, which he was in line to direct.

Joseph Gordon Levitt exits over creative differences with New Line Cinema.

Comment

Originally posted by Halberdier17
            Joseph Gordon Levitt exits over creative differences with New Line Cinema.
            Saw this news the other day and was surprised. I wonder what this means for the film? Will it be back-burnered/shelved? Or will they recast?

Comment

Wasn't JGL the sole reason this movie had any traction to begin with?

Comment

Originally posted by Backward Galaxy
                Wasn't JGL the sole reason this movie had any traction to begin with?
                Yeah him and Goyer were the two producing and directing the film. They also wrote the initial story which Neil Gaiman liked.

The main problem was when all Vertigo titles moved to New Line Cinema.

Comment

http://www.newsarama.com/31873-new-l...drops-out.html
                  More bad news (sort of?). The screenwriter has dropped out. Because he thinks it should be a TV show?!

again, what this means to the project, I have no idea. Except that they'll have to find a new writer, I guess.

Comment

I've watched the first seven episodes. There were moments where they had interesting story ideas, unfortunately, the entertainment industry has their agenda to push and it is quite obvious in this show. At least four of the seven shows that I watched, there was at least one if not multiple gay & homosexual characters in the episode. Hollywood entertainers act as though half of the American population is gay. Only 1% is. This show isn't for anyone who might be religious. I find this show quite disgusting. I wanted to quit this show after four episodes, but found myself curious. By the middle of episode seven, I find that I can't subject myself to anymore of it. The only episode that I liked was the one where those guys met every 100 years.

Comment

I just finished the show a few days ago.

it wasn't exactly what I expected (I saw some spoilers) but I did really enjoy it.

Tom Sturridge was great as Dream and Mason was excellent as Desire. Patton was so funny as Matthew (my second fave character in the comics, after Dream). A pretty great cast all around and truly stunning visuals.

it did drag in a few places for me but it always picked up again.

I do hope that we get a Season 2. I would dearly love to see the other 3 Endless.

Comment

I liked the first season of the series. The first half was much better than the latter half and I also enjoyed the bonus episode.

The diner episode was a very interesting experiment with the various couples. It made you think about what would any of us do if we had no filters.

I absolutely loved the episode with Death. I just thought that having Dream accompanying her while she worked was a beautiful portrayal of what happens to you (what you would hope) when you pass, especially if Death looks like her. And I loved her advice to Dream like only a sibling would deliver it.

I also loved the other part of the episode where he grants the man eternal life and every 100yrs they meet up at the same bar to which Dream asks the man every century if he still wants to live and even though he’s lived through the worst of times, he chooses to live.

Comment

The episode with Death, from what I've seen online, seems to be---far and away--everyone's favorite episode. Not a surprise as the character of Death was so popular in the comics that she eventually got her own comic.

Comment

There is no end to The Dreaming at Netflix: The Sandman has been renewed for what the streamer is referring to as “more episodes and stories to be adapted
                            from multiple graphic novels.”

Netflix is specifically not referring to this as a second season.
                            Netflix has ordered more episodes of The Sandman to adapt more graphic novels from the DC/Vertigo series.

So the way it’s worded, this next batch of additional episodes may not be what we would consider a season; for example Netflix labels seasons of The Great British Baking Show as “collections”. I assume that depending on the each story from the graphic novel, the episodes will range in runtime…mostly longer than an hour, especially if there are less episodes than S1
                            Last edited by KSiteTV; 11-12-2022, 02:50 PM. Reason: KSiteTV links always please

Comment

Bit odd, not just going for a second season but I'm still very happy to see that more of this show is coming. I really enjoyed it and can't wait to see more of the GNs adapted.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎