1 1.43%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%
  • 1 - That was awful.

3 4.29%
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Hopeless Forum Addict Halberdier17's Avatar
    At least the breaks aren't as long as other shows; Some shows I watch the breaks are 6 months between the Summer Finale and the Spring premiere in March. Or Grimm last year they had a break from November until April. Arrows break is only a month and 4 days.

New In Town
    Why gross?

Laurel doesn't have the knowledge we do so I don't see what's so gross about it because, other than knowing what we know, Blood comes off as a decent guy. Hell, 99.9% of SC loves him. So much so that he thinks he has the support to run for Mayor.

All that said, I'm beyond aggravated that TPTB are going to the Laurel romance well once again considering they said that was part of her storyline problems last year. They could very easily pull her into the Arrow/Blood feud without it being about Laurel & Blood dating.

Posting Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by drmerlyn View Post
    Why gross?

Laurel doesn't have the knowledge we do so I don't see what's so gross about it because, other than knowing what we know, Blood comes off as a decent guy. Hell, 99.9% of SC loves him. So much so that he thinks he has the support to run for Mayor.

All that said, I'm beyond aggravated that TPTB are going to the Laurel romance well once again considering they said that was part of her storyline problems last year. They could very easily pull her into the Arrow/Blood feud without it being about Laurel & Blood dating.
    I don't think it's gross either, since Laurel knows Sebastian Blood as a decent man and a crusader for the downtrodden in the Glades. And since she and Oliver are not together and don't seem to see much of each other (in fact, Ollie has been quite busy romancing Isabel and Felicity so far this season!), I don't think it's odd that she would go out with an attractive man. I fully agree with your complaint about the romance angle, but as long as they don't overplay it I think it could be a good way to align Laurel's storyline with Oliver's without making her his adversary. They might even start cooperating to take down Blood once she starts suspecting that he has a dark side, like they did in the first season. I guess we just have to wait (a whole month!) to see how this plays out.

This show could be so good without Laurel.

New In Town
    Awesome Episode - loved it all, especially the Olicity moments....

Board Master
    Seeing as to what's going on with Roy, I see him heading more towards Arsenal than Red Arrow as we haven't seen him learn how to use the bow and arrow.

Hopeless Forum Addict Halberdier17's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vantheman77 View Post
    Seeing as to what's going on with Roy, I see him heading more towards Arsenal than Red Arrow as we haven't seen him learn how to use the bow and arrow.
    Also the only things we saw him use are guns.

Maybe Thea could teach him how to use a bow she has multiple Archery trophies in her bedroom.

New In Town
    Hope it's alright I just jump in.

I think Roy is indeed heading towards the Arsenal role. Especially with his super strength he could become more of a close up fighter so to speak. This also leaves a place free for Thea. She can head towards the Speedy role with using bow and arrow (especially thinking of the arrow championship trofee from the pilot and her having good aim in the season 1 finale) and work with him as long distance support. If Malcolm ever gets his hands on Thea, he could be her trainer, as I don't see Oliver being very happy with his sister inclusion in that life.

^ Jump on in...the water is fine! Welcome to KSite!

Something I was thinking about and they might not be related but what if Isabel is funding Slade? Just an out there theory. LOL.

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin 3:16 View Post
    Is Barry coming back this season or will the next time we see him be when his show debuts? I hope he comes back because I'd like to see The Brave and The Bold become a reality before the season's end.
    Yes! He will come back in the season finale!

This episode was damnnn good!
    First one I give a 10!
    All the reveals and twists.
    This show is awesomeeeee

Forum Whiz
    Quote Originally Posted by Rust View Post
    Yes! He will come back in the season finale!

This episode was damnnn good!
    First one I give a 10!
    All the reveals and twists.
    This show is awesomeeeee
    No he won't. Unless plans have changed AGAIN, plans have changed so that the Flash is done on Arrow and will get his own pilot and TV show.

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Caught_In_The_Sun View Post
    ^ Jump on in...the water is fine! Welcome to KSite!

Something I was thinking about and they might not be related but what if Isabel is funding Slade? Just an out there theory. LOL.
    Perhaps Oliver's father spurned her love, she was on the list after all. Someone was funding Ivo's research no doubt.

One thing is for sure. While I liked season one, I love season two.

I've read the rest of this thread, but I think I have to disagree with the posters who say Barry's transformation into the Flash should have waited. Barry didn't open his eyes or anything after the accident and could be put into a coma for a few months until the pilot. That would be absolutely fine with me and something that I thought would be happening anyways as I thought, before when episode 20 was going to be the backdoor pilot, of Barry waking up from his coma after the accident. It could still play that way.

Help me understand / interpret a few things in this episode:

- What the heck did Arrow hit that exploded in Blood's lab? The centrifuge? An electrical transformer?
    - What was the green ooze on Cyrus after the blast? Was that the serum boiling in his blood or something that came from the explosion?
    - Did I see correctly that the accelerator explosion "charged" the lightning that then zapped Barry? So, the accelerator DID play a part in the birth of Flash.
    - What was Ivo's motive in killing either or both the women? Is he demoralizing Ollie and breaking him down or is he just crazy? Is it one of his "tests" to see if Ollie is worth injecting with the serum?

I find it slightly ironic that in any other episode when Shado / Ollie / Slade had a gun pointed at his/her head, they immediately jumped into action and escaped the situation. Oh well, when it's time to die, it's time to die... Shado goes out just like her father did - without a single punch, kick or shot.

New In Town
    First time posting. I personally like this episode. Great follow-up to last week's episode which seemed more of a set up for this week's episode. After hearing thoughts from this and other sites, I had to comment:

1. I think it is correct that out of Oliver's three ghosts, only the last one, Tommy, gives Oliver some peace. The writers and creators still leave Tommy as the driving force towards Oliver becoming the hero that fans know from the comic book, but he heard the words he needed to here. That Tommy didn't blame him and thought Oliver was a hero. If anything, it confirms the fact in Oliver's mind that Tommy didn't hate Oliver in the end. Still, Oliver still carries the guilt of Shado's death (foreshadowed since she was the first ghost), and Slade, who is alive and well in the present, despite Oliver at least thinking his friend is dead. It will be these ghosts that threaten to destroy Arrow and his team, while it is Tommy's ghost which will get them through the coming trials.

2. I am worried about Felicity surviving this season in one piece, even if the character does not die. Slade blames Oliver for Shado's death (or likely does since we do not yet know how Oliver will reveal his guilt over her death and how Oliver intentionally or unintentionally chose), but with Oliver's relationship with Laurel distant right now, the only woman in his life besides his mom and sister is Felicity. Going after the female on Oliver's new team seems like part of Slade's plan.

3. I hope we get a shout out concerning Barry's condition next episode (coma?) since we will not see what happens to him until the pilot is released online or as part of a spinoff series next year.

4. I am also annoyed at the fact that Slade's motivation towards revenge is Shado's death. I still think that the super soldier serum twisted Slade's mind a bit. I am not quite sure he came back the same after his 'death'. Oliver was ready to confess what happened, but Sara stops him. Personally, I don't think that Oliver intentionally chose Sara over Shado, it was unclear to me at least. If it was a choice by the future Arrow, it was motivated by guilt over bringing Sara with him on the Queen's Gambit, and protecting his friend.

5. I find it interesting that the two big bad's for Arrow so far, Malcolm and Slade, are both motivated by the death's of the women they love. Each suffered a mental and emotional break due to the death of loves, complicated by the fact that both characters failed to truly show or reveal how important these women are to them until it was too late. Both Malcolm and Slade also fail to save each of the woman in their life from a tragic, violent end.

The ending of season one clearly shows that as sick and twisted Malcolm has become, he suffers from utter guilt over ignoring his wife's call, ultimately seeking a redemption in his own mind for his mistake by placing the blame and attack the Glades. Even now that Malcolm has returned, he is motivated by women in his life: Moira, whose affair with him leads him to seek out the League out of guilt for betraying his wife after her death, and Thea, who is his only child.

It is unclear if Slade feels guilt over not saving Shado, but instead of placing the blame on the men who killed her, the men who would have killed both Oliver and Sara had he not intervened, Oliver becomes the source of his anger. Regardless, instead of looking inward, and in Slade's case continuing to be the man Shado cared about and Oliver admired, he shifts the blame completely on Oliver, the protagonist becoming the metaphorical Glades for this Season's big bad, and everyone Oliver cares about a target.

Whether it is a problem with the writing (i.e. same motivation), or an intentional message by the writing staff (hopefully the latter, regardless of it being repetitive), the women of the series have such a profound effect on the motivations of the men on the series.

What is even more interesting is that Oliver is motivated not by the death of a current or past romantic love, but by the deaths of the men in his life. His father's suicide sparks his journey on the island and the motivation to return home to cross off his father's lists of sin. Yao Fei, his first rescuer and the first 'Green Arrow', Oliver emulates in both look and weapon of choice. Now Tommy's death spurs Oliver to stop killing his enemies, become the hero his friend would be proud off. The concept of death for Oliver strengthens him rather weakens him.

That is not to say that his friendships and romantic relationships with women do not have a profound effect, as Laurel, Thea, and of course Felicity actually serve to keep Oliver from sliding completely into the Arrow persona that while more heroic as of Season 2, still lacks a certain level of humanity that Oliver still struggles to reclaim after his five years on the island. Despite Sara's presence, it makes sense that both Oliver and Slade would spiral down the paths of self-destruction without the woman who kept them from becoming corrupted by the island.
    Last edited by Knightshadow57; 12-12-2013 at 10:20 PM.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast