1 1.43%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%
  • 1 - That was awful.

3 4.29%
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Posting Pro
    Another thing that bugged me was how on Earth did Oliver get into Lance's room at the hospital when it looked like the windows were shut? Also Felicity and the writers should know that Hanukkah has already been .
    I stopped wondering how Oliver gets into rooms a long time ago....remember all those times when he just mysteriously turned up in Laurel's living room? It's just one of those unsolvable "Arrow" mysteries...there are times when I even suspect that the uses some kind of teleportation, because he sure seems to move from place to place with an unnatural speed sometimes!

You're right about Felicity's line about the Menorah-it was a bit out of place, considering that the last night of lighting the Menorah was December the fourth according to a Google source. The funny thing is that the writers and producers should know this, since many of them are Jewish (and as a side note, so are many famous comic book writers, editors etc.). Marc Guggenheim even tweeted about Hanukkah and his children playing with the Menorah. I think it was just a throw away line to show that they haven't forgotten that Felicity is supposed to be Jewish and to flesh out her characterization a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Caught_In_The_Sun View Post
    ^ I would read up on Wiki; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roy_Harper_(comics)

We really don't know too much of Roy's back story. On ARROW.

Obviously they aren't going with this...

I don't see him being called "Speedy" Thea owns that nickname. Given his enhancement "Arsenal" seems fitting at this point.
    But Roy never had super strength as far as I can remember. Even as Arsenal, he was just a normal human but packed with high-tech weaponry. Hence, Arsenal.

I'm thinking that Roy's super strength will wear off. Also I rather see him become Speedy or Red Arrow first before he becomes Arsenal if he even becomes Arsenal at all. This show is supposed to be kinda an origin for all the characters so they shouldn't rush any of the characters.
    Last edited by super_j_man; 12-12-2013 at 06:39 AM.

Settling In
    The Flash
    Slade
    TOMMY !!!! damn surprise fr his appearance

Forum Whiz
    Quote Originally Posted by super_j_man View Post
    But Roy never had super strength as far as I can remember. Even as Arsenal, he was just a normal human but packed with high-tech weaponry. Hence, Arsenal.

I'm thinking that Roy's super strength will wear off. Also I rather see him become Speedy or Red Arrow first before he becomes Arsenal if he even becomes Arsenal at all. This show is supposed to be kinda an origin for all the characters so they shouldn't rush any of the characters.
    I don't suppose you or someone else could also explain all these different names for him as well? How exactly do you get from Speedy to Red Arrow to Arsenal?

Forum Whiz
    Quote Originally Posted by evaba View Post
    I stopped wondering how Oliver gets into rooms a long time ago....remember all those times when he just mysteriously turned up in Laurel's living room? It's just one of those unsolvable "Arrow" mysteries...there are times when I even suspect that the uses some kind of teleportation, because he sure seems to move from place to place with an unnatural speed sometimes!

You're right about Felicity's line about the Menorah-it was a bit out of place, considering that the last night of lighting the Menorah was December the fourth according to a Google source. The funny thing is that the writers and producers should know this, since many of them are Jewish (and as a side note, so are many famous comic book writers, editors etc.). Marc Guggenheim even tweeted about Hanukkah and his children playing with the Menorah. I think it was just a throw away line to show that they haven't forgotten that Felicity is supposed to be Jewish and to flesh out her characterization a bit.
    I see what your saying but one throw away line doesn't really flesh out her characterisation. I'd love to see an episode devoted to Felicity and her life outside of Oliver.

Posting Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Quark View Post
    I see what your saying but one throw away line doesn't really flesh out her characterisation. I'd love to see an episode devoted to Felicity and her life outside of Oliver.
    You're definitely right about that! The writers need to get her off Oliver's (metaphorical) leash and devote some time to her personal life, which we don't know hardly anything about-her parents, where she lives, her social life etc. I have heard that there will be an episode in season two where we get some back story for Felicity. I'd like to know some more about Roy as well-didn't he have a mother who died? I'm also wondering where he is living right now-is he shacking up with Thea or does he still have his house in the Glades? I understand that some episodes are so action-packed that there is little room for character portrayal/back story, but to me the characters become more alive and interesting when I know a little more about them.

I'm a little late to the thread luckily i managed to pvr the episode last night but WOW what a finale...
    I definitely didnt expect Slade to reveal himself so soon but he is the uncanny image of slade in the comics minus the gray hair..
    There was some parts of Barry that didnt mold well with the seriousness of this episode but the lightning storm was a perfect setting for the Flash
    I'm soo pumped for the showdown between slade and oliver
    they really need to start putting Laurel in a better direction only reason she wasnt annoying this episode is because she had less screen time and everything else that took place overshadowed her
    Because Roy has so much rage and the serum just powered him up i think oliver will eventually take him under to be able to channel that rage though i dont think that'll be this season or maybe not till the end
    those DC references this episode was amazing Felicity: What happened to Cyrus Gold? Oliver: Dead on a saturday, Buried on a sunday Priceless!

Hopeless Forum Addict Halberdier17's Avatar
    J-MaL they also had the Solomon Grundy poem open in Cyrus Gold's apartment.

Great episode except for the entire Blood and Laurel Dating. That was gross.

Madman With A Blue Box Austin 3:16's Avatar
    I was so happy to see Tommy return that I cheered like never before.

I do have a question. Did anyone else think it'd be Ollie's father instead of Tommy? I could swear I thought that was where it was headed.

Best part of the episode? Easily The Flash being born. I said "Your destiny begins Barry Allen". Doubt I was the only one.

Forum Whiz
    Quote Originally Posted by evaba View Post
    You're definitely right about that! The writers need to get her off Oliver's (metaphorical) leash and devote some time to her personal life, which we don't know hardly anything about-her parents, where she lives, her social life etc. I have heard that there will be an episode in season two where we get some back story for Felicity. I'd like to know some more about Roy as well-didn't he have a mother who died? I'm also wondering where he is living right now-is he shacking up with Thea or does he still have his house in the Glades? I understand that some episodes are so action-packed that there is little room for character portrayal/back story, but to me the characters become more alive and interesting when I know a little more about them.
    With regard to Roy, I'm pretty sure Oliver said in the League of Assassins to Sara that Thea had moved in with Roy which I thought was really bizarre.

Hopeless Forum Addict Halberdier17's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Quark View Post
    With regard to Roy, I'm pretty sure Oliver said in the League of Assassins to Sara that Thea had moved in with Roy which I thought was really bizarre.
    Ollie said that Thea spent most of the nights at Roy's house but that was when Moira was in prison.

It was too bad Det. Hilton died, at least he died in blaze of glory and with that, showed that Sgt. Lance's life is hanging by a thread. It's interesting that Hilton dies by the hand of a super soldier in Arrow ... and the actor Roger Cross plays a super soldier role on Continuum.

I think it's safe to say that action/adventure is the predominant theme on the series. There will be interpersonal relationship issues, but I don't think these will have the degree of prominence on Arrow that they have had on other shows. They won't go away -- this is The CW -- but I'm not as concerned at this point that they'll overwhelm the series. They've given a nod to Felicity's connection with Ollie, but they've also given a nod to Laurel's own connection to Ollie with her reminiscing about the past Xmas with the Queens. I think they handled it as well as they could, considering how easily they could have smothered us with relationship gravy with the holiday season as a backdrop. I am glad they didn't and kept the focus on the launch of Deathstroke.

I think Barry's role in the ep. added some needed humour, considering that the tone overall was bleak by necessity: Ollie's survivor guilt, the launching pad for Deathstroke and the conspiracy with Blood. They could have saved Flash's origin moment for his own pilot, but we all sensed going in that this arc was going to be the back-door origin for the Flash. My concern for more JLA appearances is that they might 'steal the thunder' of Ollie, the show's actual lead. Barry didn't (until he got zapped anyway), but I would say any member of the Trinity: Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman, or other prominent members, could do just that by showing up. But the Flash has exited for now, so it's a non-issue until another JLAer looks for an origin launch.

The biggest surprise for me was Tommy as the last ghost -- and his was a hopeful message.

I was waiting for someone to make the Harper/Arsenal link (cudos Caught_In_The_Sun ) as far as the powers fading, I don't think they will honestly. I think Roy will in a few episodes, seek out Arrow and say "I have these powers now, I can either help you or I can go it alone with out you" Oliver, knowing the effects of the serum, would rather take Roy under his wing and teach him properly and to keep an eye on him rather than Roy be a loose cannon in Starling.

I also liked how the origin played out for Barry, it was as close to canon as I have seen minus the particle accelerator, but it does lent a bit of reality to the "what if" side of things.

As far as Slade, well I can't express my thoughts on that in a public forum lol, lets just say this is a HUGE game changer in the show and dark days are coming for Oliver and his team.
    Last edited by RecurveArcher; 12-12-2013 at 11:29 AM.

Awesome episode. Slade had better have a better reason for turning into a villain than Shado dying though, it would be completely untrue to the character they've written him as. My other complaint: This shows break are seriously way too long. What's the problem with having a 30-episode season?

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast