Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "Three Ghosts?"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thatoneguy
    An amazing episode.

i wonder if Roy saw Oliver was Arrow, they didn't hint at it in any way.

Roy has superpowers now, this will be interesting. Hopefully they will play it off that he only got a small dose and it's only temporary or something. I'd like to see Roy train more and learn to fight and become of value to Oliver/arrow

one month is too long to wait!!
    Agreed!!! ... I also asked myself that question... but I'm pretty sure Roy didn't see that Oliver is Arrow as I'm pretty sure that: Roy didn't get enough time to focus his eyes to see Oliver as Arrow as after being injected with something that nearly killed him it would take a minute or two minutes to focus your eyes which gave enough time for Oliver to put his Arrow hood back on and we also see Roy pretty much unconscious as Oliver as Arrow takes Roy home.

Comment

Originally posted by Kdude22
      That was so crazy!!! I knew Grundy (Gold) wouldn't stand a chance if Ollie had the right motivation, bc this version is like Batman, and we all know Batman can take out Grundy. I did not foresee Tommy being that motivation, but that was perfect!

Slade is looking pretty awesome nowadays. Barely caught the silver hair going down the side, but glad it's there; and of course the eye patch being there is great.

As for Barry, I REALLY didn't think they'd use lighting in any way with how they were talking about the mirakuru serum and the particle accelerator. And while the acceleration was involved, even with him being around the chemicals, I didn't think they'd use lightning until it actually freakin happened! I was thinking if they were gonna go with lightning+chemicals! it would have been last week when they alluded to it and passed the opportunity in last weeks episode. So damn great, I'm already ready to see Barry's next episode later this season.

About Roy getting that dose, all I have to say is that'll make things interesting...

Hell of a cliffhanger.
      Agreed!! ..

Oliver kicked the crap outta Grundy after Tommy gave Oliver/Arrow the motivation to keep fighting and get up!!!
      Slade is looking super awesome and i already think in his mind that Slade is Deathstroke, but he Slade doesn't have the Deathstroke outfit yet!
      Roy getting the dose means that they are setting Roy up for becoming Speedy as Arrow will need to control Roy with his newfound powers so Roy doesnt get outta hand/outta control with his powers and all and Arrow has experience with Miracle serum so he can help control Roy and help Roy become Speedy!!!

what a cliffhanger! we Arrow fans cannot wait till next months episode!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Anno_Domini
        Amell was right when he said this takes the title of the best episode so far in the series.

Present day Slade Wilson.
        Birth of The Flash.
        Green Arrow's mask.
        Laurel wasn't as annoying.

Just great episode.

Still wrapping my mind around with what they're trying to do with Roy now since he's taken the serum as well, but dang...what a GREAT episode. Love the idea that the particle accelerator could have created even more superhumans now and could be a great opening for the spin-off in introducing superhuman baddies.
        agreed!!!

I really like Laurel but i think she is soo anorexic and annoying! I really love Katie Cassidy (actress who plays Laurel) but her script is horrible, it is as if they had lost their touch with Laurels character..

They have setup Roy to become Speedy as his enhanced strength and reflexes will mean that he will us them to become Arrows sidekick Speedy... and Arrow will also protect/look over/control Roy as with Roy's newfound powers Roy could get out of hand/control and Arrow will need to control Roy as Arrow has first hand experience with people injected with Miracle serum and all and this is Roy's step forward to becoming Speedy...

Comment

Originally posted by darkphoenix21
          Flash is born

Slade is alive with a vengeance

Oliver gets a proper mask

And Super soldier Roy

Overall it was a great winter finale. I can't wait until its back
          I love the Flash!!! but does this mean that Barry/Flash will come back to Star City to help/team up with Arrow as Barry only has 2 or 3 episodes on Arrow and i wish Barry had more episodes on Arrow!

what is Slades vengeance to Oliver/Arrow anyways (I'm pretty sure it is that Oliver failed to protect the one Slade loved which is Shado...) but seriously that isn't even a proper legit reason to destroy Oliver/Arrow's loved ones, the ones Oliver cares for and to ultimately kill him... i just think Slade needs a better reason than a girl...

Roy is soo becoming Speedy as he now has the powers to become Arrows sidekick Speedy!!!

Comment

Really tight episode! - Probably my fav so far. RIP Shado I enjoyed her character and her influence on Oliver. Gah and the way he looked at her when he though he saw her in the halls of the mansion - lot of emotions there.

Barry/Felicity - such kindred spirits and I am glad that they have a new friend in each other. And Barry's origin - what a treat to see.

Diggle/Ollie - Last two episodes Diggle felt a little sidelined so glad he got a little action in plus some bromance time with Oliver.

Loved Tommy's cameo - wish he could have stayed a little longer - but the message was clear. Keep Fighting.....

This was also the first episode where I didn't mind Laurel's inclusion. The fact that Thea came to her for help was a bit of a leap for me but her scenes with Sebastian and her Dad were a step in the right direction IMO to bring her into the bigger story.

Really liked Roy and Thea this episode. Big changes coming for them I think and well I guess Sin is a new BFF.

Oliver/Felicity - Great to see some further relationship development (which I don't automatically equate with romantic but I do see potential) It was a nice moment at the end when she told him he looked like a hero - she has been a big supporter of the hero persona since she joined.

Setting up Slade as a big bad - he really has a vendetta against Oliver. Oh team Arrow is going to be in for a world of hurt. I had to shudder at Slades voice over explaining the plan to destroy everything that Oliver cares about - including corrupting those that he loves (pan to Felicity, although I think they could've used a couple of people here, but being that Slade knows Oliver killed the Count to save her, maybe it was the best choice given the apparent motivation for Slades vendetta) - Nooooo (but such good drama).
            Last edited by Ica013; 12-12-2013, 01:54 PM.

Comment

Definitely the best episode of the season so far! Every arc (past or present) is finally starting to click together.

- The 3 ghosts concept was pretty good. I liked how Arrow gave it a different spin. The choices were pretty good. Firstly, we knew Shado would die, but I kind of expected her to die later in the season. Sad to see her leave the show. I get why Slade was so heartbroken, but didn't he also have a wife and kid he wanted to get back to?

- Slade as a ghost also made sense, because Oliver said last week no one that took Mirakuru survived. I guess he was wrong. And even though I suspected Manu Bennett was made a season regular because Slade would appear in the present, I didn't expect him to be Blood's boss. I was certain it would be Isobel! Anyway, the revelation was cool and I like the fact that Slade is (presumably) this season's ultimate villain. As for his eye patch, I guess we finally know whose mask this was in the teaser for the Season 1 and Season 2 premieres:

At first I suspected it was Wintergreen's, but it looks like it was Slade's..

- My favorite part of the episode had to be the 3rd ghost. They picked the best moment to reveal him and the moment itself gave me goosebumps. It was nice to see Tommy back!

- Got to wonder what side effects Roy will have. For Ollie's sake I hope he doesn't hold that Arrow shot against him.

- Is Laurel out for Blood? God, I hope they aren't headed anywhere romatic with that storyline. The way to rebuild her character isn't to throw her in one with one of the season's villains.

- The Flash cliffhanger was brilliantly done. Great effects! But I kind agree with Supsfan. Maybe they should have saved it for the pilot? It should be a pivotal moment when you tell the Flash's story.

- I must say that I am kind of confused about where they are headed with Oliver's love life. Last week it seemed like he and Felicity were fine as friends, but this week I got a different vibe. Even when Slade was talking about corrupting those Oliver loves, they showed Felicity and not Laurel.

All in all, I give this a 9. Now we have to wait 5 more weeks.

Comment

without a doubt the best episode so far, everything was perfect but a bit sad that Shado dies

Comment

10!

I was thinking Slade wasn't an actual ghost but since he was wearing an eye patch at the end he would have had to pop in a glass eye when he confronted Oliver earlier.

Roy is now ARSENAL! I'm hoping.

Barry at the end was good.
                  Last edited by Caught_In_The_Sun; 12-12-2013, 03:51 AM.

Comment

great awesome episode. i liked every episode of Arrow so far. but this one kind of beat them all. great flashbacks and that slade is still alive is an amazing twist. and the birth of the flash is an amazing scene too.

Comment

still crying

Comment

Perhaps the best episode of the series. Pure awesome. The only downside...Shado

Comment

I just finished watching this episode and it was pretty whopping, a great mid-season finale. The reveal about Slade being behind Brother Blood was huge and a terrific set up for further developments. Am I the only one who felt that the Slade/Oliver fight in the Arrowcave looked very real? I know that Oliver had hallucinations and that he was fighting a ghost, but he sure trashed around a lot and even managed to break a few things, so it really looked like a real fight!

I also liked the way they tied in this episode with the last Christmas episode, when Tommy was still alive...the Christmas tree, Laurel mentioning when she was Tommy's "plus one" at the Casa Queen Christmas party, which tied in with Tommy's appearance as the third Christmas ghost. I'm wondering whether the writers took their inspiration from Dickens' "A Christmas Carol", where Scrooge is visited by four ghosts-in fact, I'm pretty sure they did.

Laurel was back in this episode and although she didn't have much screen time I was happy to see her again. It will be interesting to see how her involvement with Sebastian Blood will tie in with the whole Slade/Brother Blood story arc...I mean, it was one of Blood's minions who put her Dad in the hospital and killed detective Hilton. BTW, it was kind of sad that Hilton had to die-he didn't have much presence apart from the scenes with Quentin, but he was a likeable side character.

Costas wrote concerning Oliver's love life:

- I must say that I am kind of confused about where they are headed with Oliver's love life. Last week it seemed like he and Felicity were fine as friends, but this week I got a different vibe. Even when Slade was talking about corrupting those Oliver loves, they showed Felicity and not Laurel.
                          I thought that was a bit odd as well, but I think it's somehow indicative of the mild Olicity "fan service" that the writers have indulged in for quite a while now. The way I see it, those shots may be rather insignificant for the average non-shipper viewer who watches for the action, but they do set the Olicity shippers afire with "feels"...at least if I'm to judge by the "Olicity" tag on tumblr! There were several such "moments" specifically aimed at the shippers in this ep...the glances, the hug etc. I don't ship Felicity and Oliver (in fact, I think they're much better in the friendship zone) so in my eyes these "Olicity moments" seem somewhat contrived, especially since we are still somehow supposed to believe that Laurel is the love of Oliver's life. However, at this stage I have the impression that the Laurel/Oliver romance has been put on a backburner, so I have kind of ceased shipping altogether...which means that I really don't mind whatever romantic involvement the writers are planning for Oliver and Felicity. For me the important thing right now is that Laurel gets a decent storyline and some non-romantic/friendship interaction with Oliver-I mean, he obviously still cares for her and he could help her overcome the problems she is struggling with. Having said this, I do think that the writers/directors could have included shots of OTHER people who are dear to Ollie and who have been in his life for much longer than Felicity, like Thea, or Moira or even Laurel.

I was so sad to see Shado die, she is one of my favourite female characters on "Arrow". Speaking of the Island storyline, I think that Dylan Neal is doing a fine job playing the "affable villain" (something akin to Fyers in season one). I remember him as a soap opera hunk on the "Bold and the Beautiful" (watching soaps is one of my youthful sins!), so I was a bit sceptic at first, but he's really enjoyable as a cold-hearted crazy scientist.

Loved Grant Gustin's portrayal of Barry Allen-he's not the ripped, muscular "brooding mainpain" kind of hero that Oliver represents, but that's really his charm. And like all superheroes he does have a tragic origin story, which adds a bit of darkness to the adorable dorkiness. And he was the one to come up with Ollie's new disguise..how cute is that!

Have to stop here. This was shorter than usual, which is I guess is a relief for those who find it hard to get through my usual "essays"!
                          Last edited by evaba; 12-12-2013, 05:25 AM.

Comment

I was also reminded f the movie "flatliners" when Oliver started seeing ghosts. In that movie, the characters die, and when they were revived, they interacted with Ghosts until they righted their wrongs aginst those ghosts. Question: In Muse of fire, Oliver said to Diggle that he could not explain to his family that he could run fast enough to catch the motorcycle that Helena was driving. Does this mean that oliver was somehow affected by Mirakuru? Or was that just a reference to him being more athletic?

Comment

It was a great episode but there were a few little things that bugged me. The biggest one was the fact that the relationship between Laurel and the Alderman seems to have come from nowhere. Maybe I'm wrong but the only scene I remember them interacting was either in the 1st or 2nd episode of the season and it was just Sebastian commenting on Oliver being late for some dinner. It seems like the writers are just shoving Laurel into the main story the only way they can.

Edit: Unless Slade knows from the Island that Oliver loves Laurel and is using the Alderman to get to Laurel... That would be awesome.

Another thing that bugged me was how on Earth did Oliver get into Lance's room at the hospital when it looked like the windows were shut? Also Felicity and the writers should know that Hanukkah has already been .

On a more positive note, was awesome to see Slade in the present. I hope they aren't just setting him up to be this season's overall bad guy but the series bad guy. Was also nice to see more Barry but I couldn't help thinking that to those who don't know much about his backstory (like me), it kind of looked like Barry died.

I have a question about Roy. In the comics, did he become Arsenal/Red Arrow/Speedy in the same way as in this episode?
                              Last edited by Quark; 12-12-2013, 06:57 AM.

Comment

^ I would read up on Wiki; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roy_Harper_(comics)

We really don't know too much of Roy's back story. On ARROW.

Obviously they aren't going with this...
                                1941-1992: Origin Roy Harper was raised by Brave Bow, a Navajo medicine chief, after his father, a forest ranger, died in a forest fire. Under Brave Bow's tutelage, Roy became a remarkable archer. After Brave Bow's death, Roy was adopted by Oliver Queen/Green Arrow and became his sidekick Speedy.
                                I don't see him being called "Speedy" Thea owns that nickname. Given his enhancement "Arsenal" seems fitting at this point.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎