No announcement yet.

"The Bridge" Ratings

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "The Bridge" Ratings

We should have actual ratings shortly but TV Media Insights mentioned it was a "series low," for whatever it's worth.

We shall see...

Down to a 2.0 for Ages 18-49. That's a pretty steep drop, especially for an episode so well hyped that I knew I had to tune in live, I thought others might feel the same.

Comment

it dropped to 1.9 after half hour according to posters on tvbythenumbers who are usually accurate which means theres a chance it may get adjusted down to 1.9

Comment

personally, i'm calling it, theres going to be a pity renewal then cancellation before s2 ends

Comment

Perhaps they should change the time slot (they're competing with NCIS, a high rated long runner)? I know there are others shows, in the past, that've benefited from getting a new time slot. And I know there will be changes made to the show, when it comes back in January.

Comment

Perhaps the show should get better.

Comment

I think a change of time slot would have little effect. While NCIS may be a ratings juggernaut, shows like that ie "appointment" viewing are fewer nowadays. The viewing audience they are competing for is far more fragmented today. With all the DVR-ing and streaming aka viewing shows on multiple devices other than TVs, it's becoming less of a factor "what" day a show airs. Schedule juggling may or may not improve S.H.I.E.L.D.'s viewership, and only marginally if it did.

And the advent of binge-viewing of TV series means people may not even bother to tune in this season and just wait for S1 to come out on DVD or on Netflix.

It's the quality of end product itself that needs to change if ABC wants more eyes to watch the show now.

Comment

I'm surprised that these show runners are producing such a bad show. They have a decent track record.

Comment

That is sad I love this show. I just people would stop acting like this is supposed to be a super hero show because its is not and was never intended to be. The show is about the regular people in the Marvel dealing the extraordinary. From that perspective the show is amazing. I love the chemistry between the cast and the producers respect the audience intellgence. I like that each character has there skills and just because someone is smart they are not on expert on everything. I also love the humor of the show, the show is a joy to watch and not a task. I could barely get through Arrow last night, but this episode of SHIELD went by quickly for me, and The Goldbergs after words was amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by Degobunny
                    That is sad I love this show. I just people would stop acting like this is supposed to be a super hero show because its is not and was never intended to be. The show is about the regular people in the Marvel dealing the extraordinary. From that perspective the show is amazing.
                    Its really not. The shows tries too hard to be something its not. Sure its about a secret organisation in a fantasty world with ordinary people in the secret organisation. This sorta show is supposed to be something like Fringe/Person of Interest/24 but when in reality, its nothing like that. They tried to stick to avenger's formula, make the characters have witty banters, lots of fun humor yet make it action packed. But they failed on all grounds, its corny, characters have no chemistry, the characters are slightly annoying without much charisma and funny you say that about respecting the audience's intelligent because it totally doesn't. here are some reviews

"I am so in the bag for this show and what Marvel is trying to do with it. I am so in the bag for any show created by Joss Whedon, even one he doesn't have much of a hand in running. But I am near the end of my tether with this show. "
                    "I've found the subsequent episodes of ABC's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. ... to be rather lackluster. "
                    "After an underwhelming premiere, Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. has improved every week–but it's done so in steps so small, it was hard to imagine the show having the kind of dramatic turnaround that made Arrow a must-watch show after a shaky start last year."
                    "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is the kind of show you'd suspect of insulting your intelligence, except you're pretty sure it's just that dumb."
                    Metacritic aggregates music, game, tv, and movie reviews from the leading critics. Only Metacritic.com uses METASCORES, which let you know at a glance how each item was reviewed.

Huffington post also calls it'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Fall's Biggest Disappointment

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mauree...b_4297677.html

I love the chemistry between the cast and the producers respect the audience intellgence. I like that each character has there skills and just because someone is smart they are not on expert on everything. I also love the humor of the show, the show is a joy to watch and not a task. I could barely get through Arrow last night, but this episode of SHIELD went by quickly for me, and The Goldbergs after words was amazing.
                    Arrow is receiving praises everywhere, the show is crazy, after yesterday's mid season finale, I almost screamed my head off (but I didn't cos I'm subtle this way) and I thought it was leaps and bounds better than any DC tv series WB ever did (definitely better than AOS)

Comment

Originally posted by Qcore
                      Its really not. The shows tries too hard to be something its not. Sure its about a secret organisation in a fantasty world with ordinary people in the secret organisation. This sorta show is supposed to be something like Fringe/Person of Interest/24 but when in reality, its nothing like that. They tried to stick to avenger's formula, make the characters have witty banters, lots of fun humor yet make it action packed. But they failed on all grounds, its corny, characters have no chemistry, the characters are slightly annoying without much charisma and funny you say that about respecting the audience's intelligent because it totally doesn't. here are some reviews

"I am so in the bag for this show and what Marvel is trying to do with it. I am so in the bag for any show created by Joss Whedon, even one he doesn't have much of a hand in running. But I am near the end of my tether with this show. "
                      "I've found the subsequent episodes of ABC's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. ... to be rather lackluster. "
                      "After an underwhelming premiere, Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. has improved every week–but it's done so in steps so small, it was hard to imagine the show having the kind of dramatic turnaround that made Arrow a must-watch show after a shaky start last year."
                      "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is the kind of show you'd suspect of insulting your intelligence, except you're pretty sure it's just that dumb."
                      Metacritic aggregates music, game, tv, and movie reviews from the leading critics. Only Metacritic.com uses METASCORES, which let you know at a glance how each item was reviewed.

Huffington post also calls it'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Fall's Biggest Disappointment

Arrow is receiving praises everywhere, the show is crazy, after yesterday's mid season finale, I almost screamed my head off (but I didn't cos I'm subtle this way) and I thought it was leaps and bounds better than any DC tv series WB ever did (definitely better than AOS)
                      I do not care about the reviews. The show means something to me and I like it. I think it does respect the audience. Arrow last night did not.

Comment

That is sad I love this show. I just people would stop acting like this is supposed to be a super hero show because its is not and was never intended to be. The show is about the regular people in the Marvel dealing the extraordinary. From that perspective the show is amazing. I love the chemistry between the cast and the producers respect the audience intellgence. I like that each character has there skills and just because someone is smart they are not on expert on everything. I also love the humor of the show, the show is a joy to watch and not a task. I could barely get through Arrow last night, but this episode of SHIELD went by quickly for me, and The Goldbergs after words was amazing.
                        I think it's just a matter of taste and what you want out of a show. Even my mom commented when I was watching the other night "these people don't talk like real people." I didn't feel invested or really care; in fact, I think the only time I've felt like I feel I should about the characters was "FZZT" which finally gave Jemma Simmons a chance to shine and took the spotlight away from annoying Skye and her drama.

If it is not a superhero show, then what are characters like Mike Peterson?

I do agree with you on The Goldbergs, though. I enjoy that, and I actually really liked Trophy Wife the other night too. I guess that's a partial success for ABC - they got me watching their other shows out of this deal.

I do not care about the reviews. The show means something to me and I like it. I think it does respect the audience. Arrow last night did not.
                        Disagree there too. I thought many characters went to new and exciting places last night on Arrow, mostly because I feel invested in them. I liked Barry Allen more in 2 episodes than I did in any S.H.I.E.L.D. character in ten.

I do love Coulson, but more as a supporting character. The final moments of "The Bridge," for example, I was like "uh-oh" because he's the one that I'm in it to see. Can you imagine this show without him? I can't.
                        Last edited by KSiteTV; 12-12-2013, 10:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by KSiteTV
                          I think it's just a matter of taste and what you want out of a show. Even my mom commented when I was watching the other night "these people don't talk like real people." I didn't feel invested or really care; in fact, I think the only time I've felt like I feel I should about the characters was "FZZT" which finally gave Jemma Simmons a chance to shine and took the spotlight away from annoying Skye and her drama.

If it is not a superhero show, then what are characters like Mike Peterson?

I do agree with you on The Goldbergs, though. I enjoy that, and I actually really liked Trophy Wife the other night too. I guess that's a partial success for ABC - they got me watching their other shows out of this deal.

Disagree there too. I thought many characters went to new and exciting places last night on Arrow, mostly because I feel invested in them. I liked Barry Allen more in 2 episodes than I did in any S.H.I.E.L.D. character in ten.

I do love Coulson, but more as a supporting character. The final moments of "The Bridge," for example, I was like "uh-oh" because he's the one that I'm in it to see. Can you imagine this show without him? I can't.
                          The same can be said about the characters in Good Will Hunting, which won an Academy Award for Best Original Screenplay.

Comment

The show's writing is mediocre, I'm hoping that I get to see a comprehensive dissection of why the writing on the show is mediocre in the near-future. I can pick up individual failings, but they're just that, individual failings. I wonder if there's an overarching failure?

The golden age of television science fiction was in around 2008/09. I remember when Sarah Connor Chronicles, Dollhouse, and Battlestar Galactica were all on the same night, at 8pm, 9pm, and 10pm respectively.

Comment

I don't know that any of the characters seem like real people. Skye, in particular, lived in a van for two years and has a model body and is the best computer programmer in all of human history. Fitz and Simmons are the two best scientists in all of human history, and like Skye they are in their mid 20s and they are apparently ****-ups. Even the pitiful Iron Man 3 knew how to make a convincing scientist. Maya Hansen had been working on Extremis for over ten years rather than 10 minutes, she was around 30 when she was developing it, and she apparently had a large budget and a staff of 40.

The world of Agents of Shield is also irrationally large or small, I can't tell. Coulson's team takes on one bad guy a week, and they are one of many teams. If there are that many bad guys, how is it that the world has not been destroyed yet? Why are the other Shield teams not brought in? I don't know. Contrast this to Buffy the Vampire Slayer... there was only one Slayer in Buffy, as there was only one Dollhouse in Dollhouse, and that put the size of the world into perspective.

You know that episode when Shield sent two of Coulson;'s agents into central Asia, why did they send two of Coulson's agents including Fitz who had never done field work before? Did they have no one better? It doesn't add up. It would add up better if the show was like Buffy or Dollhouse where it makes sense to send agents from the only team available. They are using the storytelling of Buffy and Dollhouse, without using the world-building of Buffy and Dollhouse.

Yeah so I had not noticed this before, but this is the first Whedon show (Buffy, Angel, Firefly, Dollhouse, AoS) where the scooby gang isn't unique. It's one scooby gang out of many, but it's not written that way.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎