No announcement yet.

Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "The Bridge?"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "The Bridge?"

What did you think of tonight's episode?
    10 - Great!
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 - Bad
    0%

No one else has commented yet, but I'm going to be that guy: Even though I loved seeing Mike Peterson again, I was bored. The Girl In The Boring Dress doesn't interest me at all, and I don't feel into the Centipede storyline at all. The characters still aren't totally feeling like real people to me, and by episode 10, they should.

I will say, though, the last minutes had me interested in seeing what would come next. I want to see what's going to happen with Coulson next. But we need a scarier threat than "Centipede," and Mike Peterson had better be okay, because having him around more is Step One to a better series. I like him a lot.

So, I'd have rated it lower, but those final moments were at least worthwhile. But, Arrow's final minute this week is still more exciting.

Comment

I want to see what will happen with Coulson next too. Didn't think they'd pull that one but it proves Joss and company have a way of flipping the script totally and shocking people. He definitely hasn't lost his touch. I also get the feeling we haven't seen the last of Ace's father either.

Comment

This episode did very little for me. There were no wow moments and it felt like a lot of just treading water.

1: I still have no idea what they're trying to accomplish with Skye. They don't give her anything to do to the point of limiting her access and then May gets upset at her when she uses her spare time to look into the mystery everyone knows she's interested in solving. If you're going to yell at Skye, yell at her when she's actually doing stupid bleep. I hate it when people on television shows act like it's such an inconvenience and time waster to take 5 seconds out of your day to hand over what little information you have. Skye had a question to ask May. It would have taken May almost as much time to tell Skye the answer as it did to berate Skye for having the gall to ask the question. And then why did that one little hiccup upset Skye so much to the point where she was ripping up files and crying hysterically. That made no sense.

2: Coulson's story continues to go nowhere. The "cliffhangar" has been the same one they've been dangling in front of us for the entire season. Making it a part of the villains' plot doesn't actually mean you did anything with it.

3: As soon as Peterson told SHIELD he knew Raina, they should have known to protect his kid.

4: The entire ending made no sense. So, Grant goes up high to act as a sniper and then puts himself in position to have no shot? Peterson runs back on a suicide mission to save Coulson and Skye lets the kid watch? Explosions happen and everyone makes believe like we didn't see it coming the second we saw the gas tankers? And even though Coulson's in mortal danger, we're going to show you previews for the next few episodes that show him very much alive and back with the team. I realize he's the main character and none of us thought he was going to die, but how stupid is that?

Overall a weak episode top to bottom. Poorly written. Poorly executed.
        Last edited by Backward Galaxy; 12-10-2013, 08:29 PM.

Comment

It's another average episode, despite the last ten minutes adding a few twists to the plot.

Centipede taking Coulson instead of Peterson was an unexpected twist, but Peterson's last-minute dash was foolhardy on his part. I understand that from his point of view, it was a matter of conscience -- he couldn't look his son in the eyes knowing he bought his life with (potentially) that of Coulson's. But it was reckless. Wouldn't that act void the whole deal with Centipede and risk not only his son's life but that of the whole team -- a team whose main purpose there is to protect his boy?

May and Ward's don't-ask-don't-tell office romance subplot is mildly interesting, at least they're making attempts to delve into the complications involved ... even though I didn't expect them to be an item to begin with. Coulson handed her an assignment she didn't want and along comes Skye trying to make nice with her. The timing wasn't good, right after the tiff with Ward, but it begs the question: Coulson knows where May stands re: Skye -- did he not anticipate that friction would be the result?

And shouldn't Ward have cased his vantage point before the trade-off happened? A clear line of sight would be a start. Time for remedial sniper school, Ward.

While the mystery around Skye's origins could be intriguing, I'm not getting the sense that I should a) care that much and b) why other people on the team should care, or be invested in. Her closest pal is her S.O., Ward. Simmons making that subtle jab at Skye's own questionable past was believable in this context. And Coulson -- defying all logic -- has taken on a mentor-father role with her ... because everyone "deserves a second chance". This is also his justification for allowing Peterson to join them. Of the checkered past members, I'm more willing to accept Peterson's reasons for joining than Skye.

As for the man with the ultimate second chance, Coulson, they've been dangling this life-after-death mystery throughout and viewers will be expecting a payoff on that, sooner rather than later.

Coulson and May are still the must-watch characters for me in the series. As for the series itself, the "must watch" hype/label Marvel, ABC etc. have saddled the show with is wearing thin. I still like the show, but it could become one of the shows in '14 I just might drift into on occasion (or out of ), depending on how the second half unfolds.

Centipede isn't S.H.I.E.L.D.'s greatest enemy at this point. It's the writing, writing, writing.
          Last edited by President_Luthor; 12-10-2013, 09:18 PM.

Comment

Why do they keep hinting that May is Skye's mother?

I really hope she's not.

Comment

I liked the episode. I felt for Skye. Finding her parents means the world to her. At the same time May is right that the mission comes first. I also do not think Mike is dead.

Comment

Originally posted by DA_Champion
                Why do they keep hinting that May is Skye's mother?

I really hope she's not.
                I think its actually that May's who dropped Skye off at the orphanage, not being her mother. Up until the end of last week's episode, May was very strict, and this one showed her internal conflict between duty and emotion.

Comment

Originally posted by moviefan2k4
                  I think its actually that May's who dropped Skye off at the orphanage, not being her mother. Up until the end of last week's episode, May was very strict, and this one showed her internal conflict between duty and emotion.
                  I wouldn't be shocked if May actually killed Skye's parents.

Comment

May also looks like she could be Skye's mother, same skin and hair colour, same height, and Skye is half-Chinese.

Comment

I hope May isn't Skye's mom. Too predictable (and, likely ) -- and May and Skye shouldn't even be on missions together if that is the case.

May as her parents' killer/the agent who abandoned them in the field, let them die etc. or just as the person who dropped her off (not her mom) would be better outcomes.

It seems May is the only one on the team who wants to keep personal and professional lives separate, unless she just wants to save face and make it look that way to Skye. This could be the same reason for Ward's brush-off of May's concerns, after his recent chat with Coulson on the perils of relationships at work. They're both rock 'n roll on the surface ... but '80s romantic pop ballads on the inside? (So at the end of the day, they just want to be two less lonely people in the world? )

Comment

This episode was a bit disappointing to me (maybe more than a bit). And it sure didn't have the *gasp* moments or cliffhanger type thing I expected from a mid season finale.

The start was promising. Centipede breaking in to break the guy out. Very nice. I had high hopes.

Ward flirting with May during training and her shutting him down hard. Strange how he seems to be trying to create more of a relationship. I would think he'd be happy with a no-strings-attached type thing.

Ward complaining about Mike and "he's standing right behind me, isn't he?" I have to admit, it was cute but it was also a bit of a cliche.

The return of Lola (in more than just the bay)! We even got a reference to the cellist from the movies. Yay continuity.

Telling the sister the dude won the lottery? Huh.

The eye thing was gross. And did anyone else have a bit of deja vu when the soldier pushed Coulson into the side of the box and he was sprawled out in almost the exact same position as when Loki killed him? I don't know if that was intentional or not but it was a great little moment. I also enjoyed Melinda being upset that Ward took the punch for her (soon as I saw him do it I thought 'ooo, May's not gonna like that!'). He says it was tactical but I'm not sure he's telling the truth.

I agree that it was stupid to not realize that the son might be in danger. I would think that once you become a SHIELD agent and especially once you have something like what's in Mike's arm, family would be under protection/surveillence.

Mike turns traitor but tries to redeem himself and save Coulson. (Who is the main objective? Huh.)

Everything blew up but c'mon, this is Marvel. Odds are Mike survived or will return somehow.

But yes, Grant not finding a proper shot seemed not like him. And we know that Coulson isn't in any real danger so there doesn't feel like much jeopardy (though I am looking forward to, hopefully, finding out the answers to the mystery at last!).

Just not the pulse-pounder I thought it would be.

Comment

'The Bridge' is a good episode. We get Mike Peterson back, but he get killed at the end of this episode. If he managed to stay dead by episode 11, he's not Luke Cage.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎