No announcement yet.

X-Men: Apocalypse (2016)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X-Men: Apocalypse (2016)

Singer Tweeted about this earlier today. According to Collider, the film is to be released May 27, 2016.

Wow this could be a great one. Could be the First Class cast for this one though and that's great. I've always wanted to see Apocalypse on the big screen now I only need Mister Sinister there too.

Comment

This is the best time to be a superhero fan. These studios are absolutely at war with each other. Fox vs. Sony vs. Disney/Marvel vs. WB/DC. I am so loving this.
      Last edited by Backward Galaxy; 12-05-2013, 07:17 PM.

Comment

Was just coming to post about this. So cannot wait and that is THE villain everyone wants to see in these films. Bring it on Bryan and co.

Comment

Great. Oh wait, Singer is directing? Meh. Pass.

Comment

Originally posted by ΩDarkseidΩ
            Great. Oh wait, Singer is directing? Meh. Pass.
            My dark lord he did direct the first two X-Men movies and had a hand in writing X-Men:First Class. Just don't put him near Superman again.

Comment

Originally posted by maasaloo
              My dark lord he did direct the first two X-Men movies and had a hand in writing X-Men:First Class. Just don't put him near Superman again.
              Don't forget The Usual Suspects, Apt Pupil and Valkyrie.

Comment

Originally posted by maasaloo
                My dear minion, those were all decent (I like FC the most, not surprising since MV directed it not Singer) but I've just never been blown away by a single Singer film (well the usual suspects was great but that was eons ago) and I think he's wrong for the superhero genre. That DOFP trailer also looked meh to me. Poor X-Men, stuck with him.

Comment

Anyhooo seeing as the dark lord isn't a fan

Plot details: According to reports X-Men:Apocalypse will directly follow on from Days of Future Past.

X-Men: Days of Future Past will lead directly into X-Men: Apocalypse, with "a clear narrative thread that will string the two pictures together, and the character of Apocalypse is a good part of how this will work." Several members of the cast are wanted for the movie, meaning it would include characters from the past and present/future timelines. We now know that time travel is NOT involved as such in Days of Future Past as Michael Fassbender recently confirmed that he never comes face to face with Ian McKellen's version of Magneto, so it's unclear how this would work exactly. Either way, it's said to be "a direct continuation, a next chapter that picks up the status quo at the end of Days and carries on developing it.

Comment

The writers of X2 have will be involved with this movie, according to a Singer tweet.

Comment

Bryan Singer on X-Men: Apocalypse: We're going to deal the the notion of ancient mutants - the fact they were born and existed thousands of years ago,” Singer rehashed. “But it'll be a contemporary movie - well, it'll take place in the '80s... The '80s is a period now - it's hard for me to believe that!” He continued, “Apocalypse will have more of the mass destruction that X-Men films, to date, have not relied upon. There’s definitely now a character and a story that allow room for that kind of spectacle.”

One thing that interests me is the notion of ancient mutants,”
                      said Singer. “What would people thousands of years ago, without the benefit of science, think mutants were? And more importantly, what would mutants thousands of years ago think they were? Gods? Titans? Angels? Demons? And if such mutants did exist thousands of years ago, what became of them? Did one survive?”

Asked who can we expect in the X-Men Apocalypse lineup, besides First Class characters, Singer says “I don’t want to get too specific, but we’ll introduce familiar characters in a younger time. That’ll be fun to show the audience. I call these movies in-between-quels. It’s a mind-[frick] sometimes in terms of where things fall in the timeline!

Singer also made an effort to confirm that Apocalypse is “more of a First Class sequel,” but it will “take place some time after this (Days of Future Past) movie. What happens in this movie brings about what will happen in that movie.

Last edited by maasaloo; 03-14-2014, 08:34 AM.

Comment

Sounds a lot more interesting than days of future past.

Comment

Bryan Singer revealed that X-Men: Apocalypse (which is being developed by him, Simon Kinberg and X2 writers Dan Harris and Michael Dougherty) will be "somewhat" based on the classic Age of Apocalypse comic book, but added that it won't be taking place in an alternate universe. "[The movie] won’t necessarily create an alternate universe, but there may be some swapping things that I’m playing with." Kinberg adds, "From a visual standpoint it actually may be a bigger movie than Days of Future Past because there’ll be disaster movie imagery, like the title would imply."

As for how X-Men: Days of Future Past will link to X-Men: Apocalypse, Singer revealed: "You won’t feel at the end of the movie that it set up Apocalypse. What it does is it sets up possibilities. But what we’ll discover in Apocalypse is that events in this movie made that happen. Apocalypse deals with ancient mutancy. What would humans have thought mutants were? What would mutants think humans were? You’re dealing with gods and things like that. And what if one survived and what if that found its way into our world?" The director went on to confirm that James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender, Jennifer Lawrence, and Nicholas Hoult will all be back, but reiterated that he want to also introduce Gambit and Nightcrawler to the 80s set sequel. "I’m excited because I want to start introducing familiar characters at different ages and also explore the ‘80s.

Comment

On paper that sounds great! We get good standalone movies with a beginning, middle and an end but also have some clear continuity and development of a larger universe between the two movies. Hopefully the result will be the best of both worlds.

Comment

Channing Tatum has signed on to star in an X-Men spinoff centered on the character Gambit, THR has confirmed.sources say that Tatum will get a stand-alone spinoff, with his version of Gambit being introduced in X-Men: Apocalypse. It's from one of the big trades The Hollywood Reporter I can't link for some reason today.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎