0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 - Strike-out. Yuck.
    0%

I loved this episode. Grant Gustin was better than I thought he would be as Barry Allen; I loved both storylines and I didn't expect that ending.

Comment

Really good episode. Cant wait till next week. Best episode of the series yet.

Comment

I had to give it a 10!

I'm not a Flash expert but, I loved Grant's portrayal, fun and lighthearted even with his tragic past.

Digging all the interlacing of comicbook characters here, especially Grundy. I was hoping he'd say "born on a Monday" though!

I liked the fact that they didn't overdo Oliver's "jealousy" over Felicity and Barry and didn't make it angsty.

Can't wait until next week!!

Comment

I thought it was a great episode to introduce Barry Allen. The ending was unexpected.

Comment

I loved this episode but it had its weak moments.

First of all, Grant Gustin was fantastic as Barry Allen. The scenes were a little awkward at first but by then end, his character started to flow real well with the others. It's so cool that he found out Ollie's secret at the end. The ending was probably the best part of the episode.

Moira was great this episode too especially after threatening Malcolm with Rhas Al Ghul. But the whole "party" scene was a little drug out and I didn't really get the interaction between Moira and Isabel. They seem to have a history but they didn't really give indication as to what. I wanted a little more out of that.

I usually love the Thea and Roy moments but their scenes were a little awkward. And the scene between Roy and the Arrow needed more development. The conflict between the two that led to Ollie putting and arrow through Roy's knee just came out of nowhere. I also hope that Roy and Thea's story does not lead to some secret and lies crap.

The island scenes were great but seemed to be missing something. What should have been a big moment with Slade felt a little underwhelming.

I'm getting a little worried about the direction and feel of the show. I think they need to worry less about shock value and story telling and make a bigger effort to draw the audience into the story. In a way they did that with Barry Allen (sorta) but the other story lines are falling a little flat. Last year it was the Undertaking and the flashbacks. This year, it seemed to be the aftermath of the earthquake machine but they need to add more flavor to the show. If that makes sense.

I gave this episode an 8 out of 10!

Comment

Loved it. I was sad when it ended.

Comment

I give it a perfect score of 10. When Barry learned at the end who Ollie is my jaw went through the floor. So amazing and I also loved Moira threatening Malcolm with Ra's Al Ghul. I definitely want to see what happens next week with Slade if he lives and all. Just like Supernatural this show gets better and better with each episode.

Oh and the scene with Ollie shooting Roy to "slow him down"? Pure genius. I get the feeling when we combine tonight and next week's episodes we will get a fantastic movie experience once they're watched back-to-back.

Btw, was Ollie wearing the domino mask in the preview for next week? Oh baby this is gonna be an amazing mid-season finale!

Comment

Originally posted by Austin 3:16
                  I give it a perfect score of 10. When Barry learned at the end who Ollie is my jaw went through the floor. So amazing and I also loved Moira threatening Malcolm with Ra's Al Ghul. I definitely want to see what happens next week with Slade if he lives and all. Just like Supernatural this show gets better and better with each episode.

Oh and the scene with Ollie shooting Roy to "slow him down"? Pure genius. I get the feeling when we combine tonight and next week's episodes we will get a fantastic movie experience once they're watched back-to-back.

Btw, was Ollie wearing the domino mask in the preview for next week? Oh baby this is gonna be an amazing mid-season finale!
                  Yeah he was wearing a domino mask.

One thing I thought when I saw Barry Allen get hit with the dart; I didn't know it was Diggle I thought when he woke up he was taken by Brother Blood; I was relieved when it was Felicity in the Arrowcave but than I thought now Barry knows Ollie is the Arrow.

Comment

Good episode, can't believe Arrow shot Roy like WTF. Roy is just trying to help and he wants to be a part of it and Oliver just keeps crapping on him. Now I guess Roy is out for next weeks episode unless he'll be rolling around in a wheel chair.

i think Moria knows something about Isabel that no one else knows.

the Moira Malcom covo towards the end leads me to believe we'll be seeing Rahs soon.

How did Oliver get stuck with those suringes? Was it from a box he was thrown into?

Grant did a lot better job as Barry than I thought he would. I'm guessing his mother was killed by a 'Flash' type person?

i still can't tell who will die next episode, after this episode I'm thinking it's either Det. Lance, Moira, Malcom, or Thea.

oliver seemed depressed this episode like something other than what was going on is bothering him

Comment

Originally posted by thatoneguy
                      oliver seemed depressed this episode like something other than what was going on is bothering him
                      I think what they had with his facial expressions they were hinting that he was jealous of Barry Allen and Felicity together.

Comment

How did Moira get in contact with someone like Ra's al Ghul so quickly? You would think it would've been difficult to do such.

Besides that little nitpick I had, the episode was phenomenal. And Ollie putting an arrow through Roy's leg! Did not see that coming...I'm sure Roy is going to start to hate Arrow now. "I was an adventurer like you, then I took an arrow to the knee."

And...two quick things:

1.) Professor Zoom so killed Barry's mom.
                        2.) Another great episode where Laurel wasn't involved.

Comment

As always, Arrow does a fantastic job portraying two different storylines; regardless of this season's storylines being connected to each other they're still separate unless real life Slade shows up in Starling near the end of the season. Here are some of my thoughts. I may share more after I watch the episode again.

Now, I started thinking I could predict what they were going to do. But once again, the Arrow team of writers have managed to spin a story I did not see coming. I always thought the Undertaking was something the League would approve of (based on the Nolan version), but it appears, as Moira said, that despite their clandestine nature even they have a code of conduct, of honor; a code which Malcolm broke in unleashing his fury on the city. As for the revelation of when Thea was conceived and under what circumstances, it is interesting. Moira was, in my mind, fantastic in issuing her threat against Malcolm. Still, I can't help but wonder if there's going to be an awkward 'family reunion' with Malcolm, Moira, Thea, and Oliver.... which would undoubtedly end in Oliver's secret being exposed to his family. Some might say it won't happen, but I'd point out that the Arrow writers are 'unpredictable'. That said, any such 'reunion episode' would have Malcolm having them kidnapped, not showing up for Easter Sunday or something.... (shakes head at half-asleep musings) I need a life.

The island storyline continues to unfold with Oliver and company finding the Miracle serum and injecting Slade, only for Slade to apparently die. While I would generally guess that Oliver and Shado will be taken prisoner and Sara seemingly returns to Ivo's service, I'm wondering if Slade will wake up soon after Ivo arrives, or if Slade will show up on the ship, healed and stronger than before, to save Shado and Oliver. If so, the destruction of the ship will probably occur in the next episode regardless, which would leave the remaining half of the season to show Slade's evolution from ally to adversary.... perhaps with the rejuvenated Deathstroke showing up in Starling as another minion of Blood's (since apparently Brother Blood and Deathstroke both have connections to HIVE).

In the city, Barry Allen's awkward arrival, and the skepticism of Diggle being met with Oliver's rebuttal in regards to metahuman villains, was done very well. The flirting sessions between Barry and Felicity were done rather well, and I'm thinking Diggle was smiling knowingly about more than just Felicity's clear attraction to Barry (and the return of the same). Diggle can read Oliver much better than most people, so... yeah. Hmm.... what else? Ah, yes, the change in alliance alluded to in KSiteTV's preview of this episode. Can I say shocking? In a way, it seems like it came out of nowhere, but this show builds on the reactions of characters to situations. For Oliver, he reacted so strongly because he's seen what happened with the Miracle serum before and he wants to keep Roy safe, both for his own sake and for that of Thea. And the reason he shoots Roy when he does is again to keep them out of this investigation. Roy had said, "I don't need you anymore! I have friends! You can't stop us." One of said friends being Oliver's sister. Is it any surprise that Oliver put an arrow in Roy's leg?

As for what'll happen when all is revealed between Roy and Oliver..... I think that depends on if Thea is the one who dies next week. I started thinking that Quentin might actually be the one after re-reading the summary for next week, but in watching the preview, he's shown in the hospital, or in a bed at least. So unless he suffers complications, I think he's safe. That leaves, of the characters who are important and would die in modern day: Thea and Moira. Crap, that's a short list. Well, and Laurel but I don't think they will do that with her unless they want a mass revolt. If Thea dies (and in my opinion, that's the likely scenario unless Quentin dies of complications after the fact), Oliver might well take Roy under his wing. But we'll see what happens.

Oh, continuity point: anyone notice that the guy Moira met who had made contact with Ra's Al'Ghul was the same guy who was 'working security' for Malcolm in Season 1? Anyone think that Malcolm lied to the man about what the Undertaking was? Maybe he had intimated that he had yet to abandon the original plan, since his 'security chief' is now clearly an agent of the League, or a contact at the least?

Comment

Really liked Grant Gustin as flash and can't wait for that spinoff. Also to anyone who wants to see more of Flash's backstory i would strongly suggest The Flashpoint Paradox. Its an amazing animated movie.

Comment

Great episode that introduces Barry Allen and setting up the Flash spin-off. I wonder if this and next week will cause Felicity to leave Arrow for Flash towards the end of the season.

Lots of easter eggs and Moira has mentioned Ra's Al Ghul, who now has 2 people to go after in Starling City. I hope that they would delve more between Moira and Isabel.

What a bad way to end the partnership between Arrow and Roy Harper, which I hope is temporary.

They're finally moving Slade forward towards his comic book incarnation. I'm liking the flashbacks more with Oliver, Sarah, Shado, and Slade as I hope both Shado and Slade would be in the present, along with Sarah's eventual return down the line.

No Dinah Laurel once again after last week and the show continues to not miss a beat.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎