Clear All

• While She Sleeps

Title: While She Sleeps
    Author: BkWurm1
    Characters/Pairing: Clark & Chloe only
    Rating: General
    Word Count: 758
    One Shot
    Summary: Clark ponders his life while Chloe sleeps. It’s a good life. Can be read as a stand- alone story or as a prequel/epilogue to “Good Day, Great Life.” ( http://two-of-us.svtometropolis.com/...y.php?sid=1225 ) Set early in the morning May 13th, 2021 exactly ten years after Superman defeated Darkseid

I made this banner and it inspired this one shot.

While She Sleeps

While she sleeps, he keeps the city, her city, safe. Metropolis, a fast paced, jam packed, messy place that he’s learned to love as much as any quiet, green meadow tucked in his father’s back forty. Growing up in Smallville, he never dreamed of leaving the pure air, the open spaces, or the freedom from watchful eyes. Then she came along.

She was the city. New, sharp, bright, ever changing, but always there. He took her for granted until one day he looked up and realized he was lost and she was gone. It took time, time he tries not to resent, but he brought her home, home where she belongs in her city, with him.

While she sleeps, he dreams of the future, their future. Destiny once frightened him but now he is secure in the knowledge that she is his destiny, one still being written, but one assured of love and joy and the ever elusive goal of happiness. No herald from the future needed to come back and sell his tale. He looks at her and knows. She’s the answer to every wish he’s ever made.

Perfectly imperfect and kinder than he deserves, she is the sunlight to his soul, the reason for his faith, and the hope that drives away his fear. She loves him. Him, the man; him, the fool; him, her partner in life.

While she sleeps, he watches her - her petal pink lips curve in a faint smile. The comforter on their bed gently rises and falls as she breathes. He slips in next to his wife, close enough to feel her warmth but he waits before he touches her. Every night and each day, he stops to look and see her, to see she that makes him laugh, she that makes him care, she that each day brings him his smile. He has the strength to move planets but she is stronger. Even broken, she refused defeat and carried them all until the darkness passed.

His best friend. Words that can’t measure what she means to him, what she is to him. He needs her. She knows him better than he knows himself and even back in the fool years of before – she gave him everything he needed, even when giving him what he needed meant letting him go. He is never letting her go.

While she sleeps, he reaches for her body, softened by slumber, and pulls her into his arms. She stirs but doesn’t waken. His name is a sweet murmur on her breath, her fingers splay against his neck, cool and light. Every time he holds her, he wonders at his fortune. With every steady beat of her heart, the weight of Superman falls away. Tonight the world faced no calamity; Metropolis slept serene, but even on nights that fall amidst the swirl of tragedy and disaster, the peace he feels is the same.

Many years ago, Chloe awakened a gift of healing strong enough to fight back death itself. That ability now lay dormant, but every night she heals the broken places inevitably created by his calling. Her gift still comes at high cost; and she pays for loving him each time she lets him go to face another unknown threat. But she is stronger than he is and her faith is unshakable. He flies back to her as fast as he can, knowing she is waiting.

While she sleeps, he closes his eyes and feels the pleasant haze of slumber creep closer. Chloe sighs against his chest and curls her body against his. Gently he strokes the elegant curve of her spine, savoring the satin smooth texture of her bare skin beneath his fingertips. Soon the first streaks of light will steal through their bedroom windows, the gentle glow marking the beginning of another day. He smiles. It’s so easy now.

He was right where he belonged, sharing a love that burned strong and pure and hot. She was right where she belonged, fighting for her city on the pages of The Daily Planet and behind the scenes when the League called. She was the world’s ultimate secret keeper but they no longer kept any secrets from each other. Well, Chloe thought she was keeping one, but he’d known about the new life growing inside her probably before she did. He’s sure she’s plans to tell him tonight when they will finally have an evening without patrol duty, deadlines, or looming disasters. Tonight, he also plans to tell her a secret.

While she sleeps, he hears 'two' new heartbeats.
    Attached Files

This story is so cute - the ending is wonderful! Thank you for sharing.

Comment

Originally posted by Ebony2011
      This story is so cute - the ending is wonderful! Thank you for sharing.
      Aww, thank you, both for the kind words and just for reading and reviewing. I really appreciate it.

Comment

Originally posted by BkWurm1
        This banner is indescribably BEAUTIFUL!!! Kudos on its creation and humble thanks for sharing it with us.

While She Sleeps

While she sleeps, he keeps the city, her city, safe. Metropolis, a fast paced, jam packed, messy place that he’s learned to love as much as any quiet, green meadow tucked in his father’s back forty. Growing up in Smallville, he never dreamed of leaving the pure air, the open spaces, or the freedom from watchful eyes. Then she came along.
        Funny how one person can change your whole perspective about life and the world at large, and Chloe most certainly changed Clark...for the better.

She was the city. New, sharp, bright, ever changing, but always there. He took her for granted until one day he looked up and realized he was lost and she was gone. It took time, time he tries not to resent, but he brought her home, home where she belongs in her city, with him.
        You've managed to encapsulate their entire relationship in just a few sentences. So simple, and yet so perfect, just like Chlark.

While she sleeps, he dreams of the future, their future. Destiny once frightened him but now he is secure in the knowledge that she is his destiny, one still being written, but one assured of love and joy and the ever elusive goal of happiness. No herald from the future needed to come back and sell his tale. He looks at her and knows. She’s the answer to every wish he’s ever made.
        Pure romance. I'd ramble on about how beautiful and perfect this is, but my words are wholly inadequate to do it justice.

Perfectly imperfect and kinder than he deserves, she is the sunlight to his soul, the reason for his faith, and the hope that drives away his fear. She loves him. Him, the man; him, the fool; him, her partner in life.
        Each paragraph is more beautiful and poignant than the last, but this is truly something to behold, a perfect and poetic description of Chloe and what she means to Clark.

While she sleeps, he watches her - her petal pink lips curve in a faint smile. The comforter on their bed gently rises and falls as she breathes. He slips in next to his wife, close enough to feel her warmth but he waits before he touches her. Every night and each day, he stops to look and see her, to see she that makes him laugh, she that makes him care, she that each day brings him his smile. He has the strength to move planets but she is stronger. Even broken, she refused defeat and carried them all until the darkness passed.
        Your words paint a picture of Chloe's physical beauty and the beauty that is Clark's love and admiration of her as a person. The last two lines are especially powerful, for they speak the truth that the greatest strength lies within, and no one, not even Clark, is stronger than Chloe in that regard.

His best friend. Words that can’t measure what she means to him, what she is to him. He needs her. She knows him better than he knows himself and even back in the fool years of before – she gave him everything he needed, even when giving him what he needed meant letting him go. He is never letting her go.
        If only he'd realized this in his youth. Alas, he was but a fool, and a fortunate one at that, because Chloe loved his foolish self and would love him as he became the man she always knew he would be. Such love is rare, and he's blessed to have not lost it forever, but merely misplaced it only to re-discover it when he was no longer a fool.

While she sleeps, he reaches for her body, softened by slumber, and pulls her into his arms. She stirs but doesn’t waken. His name is a sweet murmur on her breath, her fingers splay against his neck, cool and light. Every time he holds her, he wonders at his fortune. With every steady beat of her heart, the weight of Superman falls away. Tonight the world faced no calamity; Metropolis slept serene, but even on nights that fall amidst the swirl of tragedy and disaster, the peace he feels is the same.
        Being Superman, the greatest hero the world has ever known, must be a crushing weight to bear, and having Chloe, someone who loves the entirety of Clark, who knows him in a way few if any ever have or will, is his saving grace, someone to help him carry his burden, to soothe his soul, bandage his wounds and give him hope so that he may bring hope to the world.

Many years ago, Chloe awakened a gift of healing strong enough to fight back death itself. That ability now lay dormant, but every night she heals the broken places inevitably created by his calling. Her gift still comes at high cost; and she pays for loving him each time she lets him go to face another unknown threat. But she is stronger than he is and her faith is unshakable. He flies back to her as fast as he can, knowing she is waiting.
        So very true. Watching Clark leave her every day and not knowing if she'll see him again must exact a heavy toll, one I doubt most would be willing to pay, but she does it willingly, without a second thought, and wouldn't trade it for anything, because, to her, any price is worth paying to have him, and that is the true measure of love.

While she sleeps, he closes his eyes and feels the pleasant haze of slumber creep closer. Chloe sighs against his chest and curls her body against his. Gently he strokes the elegant curve of her spine, savoring the satin smooth texture of her bare skin beneath his fingertips. Soon the first streaks of light will steal through their bedroom windows, the gentle glow marking the beginning of another day. He smiles. It’s so easy now.
        It could've been easy all along if he'd let it. He always had to do things the hard way, learn his lessons by being punished rather than rewarded for making the right decisions. For so long, he chose poorly, so determined to forge his own path, even when he didn't know where he was going or truly wanted to go, and his cavalier attitude found him lost on many occasions. Luckily, he had a beacon, a shining light to illuminate the darkness and show him the way home.

He was right where he belonged, sharing a love that burned strong and pure and hot. She was right where she belonged, fighting for her city on the pages of The Daily Planet and behind the scenes when the League called. She was the world’s ultimate secret keeper but they no longer kept any secrets from each other. Well, Chloe thought she was keeping one, but he’d known about the new life growing inside her probably before she did. He’s sure she’s plans to tell him tonight when they will finally have an evening without patrol duty, deadlines, or looming disasters. Tonight, he also plans to tell her a secret.

*squees* TWINS!!!!!!!!!!! I wonder if they're identical or fraternal. Two girls, two boys, or one of each? I suppose it doesn't matter. What matters is that they're having two children!!!! Hmm, guess Clark really is super, in more ways than we ever realized. I love that he knew she was pregnant and probably long before she did. It ruins the surprise she'd been planning, but I doubt she'll mind, especially not after he tells her they're having twins.

This is a wonderful little story, a perfect compliment to Good Day, Great Life. It felt far more like poetry than prose, and, as such, was all the more beautiful and impactful. Your wordsmithery was amazing, and you did everything right. In short, this was a little slice of Chlarky perfection. I can't even begin to do justice to how much I enjoyed this or how lovely each and every word was. The only possible way to convey to you how wonderful this story is would be to hug you, and that's exactly what I'm doing. Do you feel it? That warm feeling in the center of your chest, that's me hugging you for all I'm worth in thanks for your talent and sheer brilliance.

Bravo, Mel, bravo!!!!

Comment

The Fallen Sky

This banner is indescribably BEAUTIFUL!!! Kudos on its creation and humble thanks for sharing it with us.
          Aww, thank you!

I did a number of banners for a Smallville Big Bang story but it was Chloe/Oliver. I can splash around in the shallow end of that pairing since the actors had great chemistry on the show but my heart is always with Chlark and frankly, I was feeling like I NEEDED to make something super Chlarky to balance everything out. This banner is what happened.

It really turned out better than I could have planned. I found myself staring at it and the title popped into my head. The story quickly followed. I wrote most of it in one sitting, only letting it rest for a day before I found my ending. I NEVER have had that happen before. That and I never write in the present tense but I wasn't writing the rules this time.

Funny how one person can change your whole perspective about life and the world at large, and Chloe most certainly changed Clark...for the better.
          If not for Chloe, Clark's only connection to the city would be Lex. He'd NEVER have left Smallville if that was the case.

You've managed to encapsulate their entire relationship in just a few sentences. So simple, and yet so perfect, just like Chlark.
          Thanks you. It helps that I'm still working currently on the story explaining how he brings her home to Metropolis, so it's already on my mind.

Pure romance. I'd ramble on about how beautiful and perfect this is, but my words are wholly inadequate to do it justice.
          The line about being the answer to every wish he's made edges toward cliché but it felt true to them. Very glad it read as romance and not trite.

Each paragraph is more beautiful and poignant than the last, but this is truly something to behold, a perfect and poetic description of Chloe and what she means to Clark.
          I confess, I kind of love this paragraph too. I make no claims to poetic ability so maybe it was because I was writing very late at night - perhaps being tired cut right to the most basic elements. Normally tired just means I fall asleep on my keyboard.

He has the strength to move planets but she is stronger. Even broken, she refused defeat and carried them all until the darkness passed.
          Your words paint a picture of Chloe's physical beauty and the beauty that is Clark's love and admiration of her as a person. The last two lines are especially powerful, for they speak the truth that the greatest strength lies within, and no one, not even Clark, is stronger than Chloe in that regard.
          Anyone who really knows Chloe has to have seen how utterly amazing she is. He loves her but he is also just a little in awe of this little human that herself has saved the world and him countless times...and SHE takes zero credit.

If only he'd realized this in his youth. Alas, he was but a fool, and a fortunate one at that, because Chloe loved his foolish self and would love him as he became the man she always knew he would be. Such love is rare, and he's blessed to have not lost it forever, but merely misplaced it only to re-discover it when he was no longer a fool.
          Yes he's incredibly lucky. The way I see it, he finally had an inkling at what he'd lost right before he went to fight Darkseide. That hug Chloe gave him along with her total confidence in him...if you look at his face, there is such a shock of awareness and agony in his expression and Oliver is glaring and even Martha looks aware. Lois looks clueless and interestingly, after he hugs Chloe, he ditches mom and he fiancé and goes to hang in the barn. CHloe gives him the heroes send off. It was harder to explain why he would have stayed with Lois, but he's a big believer in living up to commitments (unless you are Lex or Lana...whatever. and Chloe had made a pretty big one not to mention he'd seen the future (and yet still hadn't wed Lois even after seven years)

I really wasn't expecting to find something Chlarky in the final episode that include his wedding to Lois, but boy oh boy, you just can't keep the Chlark relationship down. Their rightness oozes out of them no matter what the circumstances.

With every steady beat of her heart, the weight of Superman falls away. , the peace he feels is the same.
          Being Superman, the greatest hero the world has ever known, must be a crushing weight to bear, and having Chloe, someone who loves the entirety of Clark, who knows him in a way few if any ever have or will, is his saving grace,someone to help him carry his burden, to soothe his soul, bandage his wounds and give him hope so that he may bring hope to the world.
          Can you really imagine Lois or Lana being capable of doing this? Where's the proof? We've SEEN what Chloe would do.

It could've been easy all along if he'd let it. He always had to do things the hard way, learn his lessons by being punished rather than rewarded for making the right decisions. For so long, he chose poorly, so determined to forge his own path, even when he didn't know where he was going or truly wanted to go, and his cavalier attitude found him lost on many occasions. Luckily, he had a beacon, a shining light to illuminate the darkness and show him the way home.
          Clark really was an idiot. I've decided Kryptonian boys mature a LOT slower than earth girls. ;P

TWINS!!!!!!!!!!! I wonder if they're identical or fraternal. Two girls, two boys, or one of each? I suppose it doesn't matter. What matters is that they're having two children!!!! Hmm, guess Clark really is super, in more ways than we ever realized.
          Once he puts his mind to something...

I love that he knew she was pregnant and probably long before she did. It ruins the surprise she'd been planning, but I doubt she'll mind, especially not after he tells her they're having twins.
          I mentally placed this after "Good Day, Great Life" and in that Chloe has this surprise to share but as I was writing this and Clark is taking a few moments every night to just bask in his happiness and also as is his habit, listen to Chloe's heartbeat, I realized he would already know and that's when the tables got turned and he's the one ready to share his surprise. They both get to have that wonderful moment of knowing how happy the other is going to be. Yes, I'm sucker for a happy ending.

This is a wonderful little story, a perfect compliment to Good Day, Great Life. It felt far more like poetry than prose, and, as such, was all the more beautiful and impactful. Your wordsmithery was amazing, and you did everything right. In short, this was a little slice of Chlarky perfection. I can't even begin to do justice to how much I enjoyed this or how lovely each and every word was. The only possible way to convey to you how wonderful this story is would be to hug you, and that's exactly what I'm doing. Do you feel it? That warm feeling in the center of your chest, that's me hugging you for all I'm worth in thanks for your talent and sheer brilliance.
          I really did feel the warm glow. You ain't no slouch in the wordsmithery either my dear. You really make a writer feel understood and that is a greater gift than any other you could give. Thank you more than I can say.

Comment

While She Sleeps

I really love everything about this first mini-graph, the comparing of smallville and metropolis (his town and her city). Clark could have a comfortable life at the farm, but it wouldn't be enough. In stepping outside of his comfort zone, he's able to see both what he and metropolis has to offer. My favorite is the bolded, isn't that just Chloe, (she would be the one to help him see this).

I love that Chloe and the city are paralleled, and how she's always been a combination of things in one way and a constant for him in another. The bolded tells another story all its own, one that has me very intrigued.

I love this picture of Clark and how he now sees and knows what he's always had in Chloe. How just watching her sleep inspires such thoughts. Once again, I love the bolded.

Another wonderful description of Chloe. Clark must have had a lot of time while she was away to decipher just what she meant to him. But as she lay next to him sleeping, he's no longer deciphering, he thinks as one who knows. He's as sure of her feelings for him as well, that she loves every part of him.

He has the strength to move planets but she is stronger. Even broken, she refused defeat and carried them all until the darkness passed.

T'is true, After the aftermath of DD, I was amazed at how after losing so much, she was able to stand, while others who wasn't as close to it all fell away from each other.

With every steady beat of her heart, the weight of Superman falls away. Tonight the world faced no calamity; Metropolis slept serene, but even on nights that fall amidst the swirl of tragedy and disaster, the peace he feels is the same.

Many years ago, Chloe awakened a gift of healing strong enough to fight back death itself. That ability now lay dormant, but every night she heals the broken places inevitably created by his calling. Her gift still comes at high cost; and she pays for loving him each time she lets him go to face another unknown threat. But she is stronger than he is and her faith is unshakable. He flies back to her as fast as he can, knowing she is waiting

She helps him in ways she herself doesn't even know.

Why of course it is, they made it harder by refusing to acknowledge what has always been there.

He was right where he belonged, sharing a love that burned strong and pure and hot. She was right where she belonged, fighting for her city on the pages of The Daily Planet and behind the scenes when the League called. She was the world’s ultimate secret keeper but they no longer kept any secrets from each other.

They belong together, and I love that Chloe can do both the reporting and the league work. Its wonderful that they share everything now because no good comes from chloe and clark keeping things from each other.

Well, Chloe thought she was keeping one, but he’d known about the new life growing inside her probably before she did. He’s sure she’s plans to tell him tonight when they will finally have an evening without patrol duty, deadlines, or looming disasters. Tonight, he also plans to tell her a secret.

What a delightful ending, one I didn't see coming but is very much welcomed!! Now they both have surprises that they want to tell each other.

Beautiful banner and title. They do a good job of expressing the story before its told.

Comment

*sigh*

Love this story. The connection between Chloe and Clark is palpable, and the visual of them sleeping in peaceful intimacy next to each other is just a wonderful thing to imagine. Perfect ribbon on an already perfect series.

And as if it wasn't sweet enough, they're not expecting one child, but TWO! They're gonna have their hands full, but Chloe and Clark have been looking after the planet for years...something tells me they'll be able to handle the pressure of two tiny terrors tearing the place apart.

Beautiful story, Mel! Thank you so much for sharing.

Last edited by BabyDee; 12-05-2013, 06:05 PM.

Comment

chlarkluva

I really love everything about this first mini-graph, the comparing of smallville and metropolis (his town and her city). Clark could have a comfortable life at the farm, but it wouldn't be enough. In stepping outside of his comfort zone, he's able to see both what he and metropolis has to offer. My favorite is the bolded, isn't that just Chloe, (she would be the one to help him see this).
                I think you have hit on a very important part of his relationship with Chloe; she really has regularly pushed Clark out of his comfort zone. Lana represented being normal, an impossibility for Clark and with Lois, he first found someone who had rather low expectations for him - didn't expect him to be anything but normal nice guy and then when she did find out his secret, she kept on thinking of him as a god, someone she has to live up to while assuming he had all the answers. She doesn't see his flaws and that means she can't help balance him out, can't inspire him to be a better man.

brought her home
                I love that Chloe and the city are paralleled, and how she's always been a combination of things in one way and a constant for him in another. The bolded tells another story all its own, one that has me very intrigued.
                I am actually still working on a prequel that explains how she ended up moving back to Metropolis. My goal is to finish the whole thing before I post any chapter.

No herald from the future needed to come back and sell his tale. He looks at her and knows. She’s the answer to every wish he’s ever made.
                I love this picture of Clark and how he now sees and knows what he's always had in Chloe. How just watching her sleep inspires such thoughts. Once again, I love the bolded.
                The show heavily implied that Clark's problem was he didn't see the whole picture that was Chloe. Once he did, everything was obvious.

Another wonderful description of Chloe. Clark must have had a lot of time while she was away to decipher just what she meant to him. But as she lay next to him sleeping, he's no longer deciphering, he thinks as one who knows. He's as sure of her feelings for him as well, that she loves every part of him.
                Yes, there's no wondering anymore, just an all encompassing knowing.

T'is true, After the aftermath of DD, I was amazed at how after losing so much, she was able to stand, while others who wasn't as close to it all fell away from each other.
                That storyline is one of the things that made me wonder what show the producers were watching. It isn't just a case of the crazy ending for Doomsday (insane on all counts) but as the season went on it became more and more clear that Chloe was the one who had acted with most foresight while Clark was wildly out of control and very selfishly. Don't get me started.

With every steady beat of her heart, the weight of Superman falls away.

She helps him in ways she herself doesn't even know.
                I like to think Clark has finally figured it all out though. He's supposed to be super smart too, right?

He smiles. It’s so easy now.

Why of course it is, they made it harder by refusing to acknowledge what has always been there.
                It's my personal cannon that the day Chloe saved him from the Gold Kryptonite ring and then gave him that hug in front of everyone, Clark finally got a clue how not only deep Chloe loved him, but how much she meant to him but that he
                d been blind and it was too late. Or was it?

They belong together, and I love that Chloe can do both the reporting and the league work. Its wonderful that they share everything now because no good comes from chloe and clark keeping things from each other.
                So incredibly true. The root of pretty much all their problems is when they don't communicate well.

What a delightful ending, one I didn't see coming but is very much welcomed!! Now they both have surprises that they want to tell each other.

Beautiful banner and title. They do a good job of expressing the story before its told.
                Thank you. The twist just popped into place last minute. The banner really was my inspiration so I'm so pleased you could see the same thing.

Thanks again for taking the time to read and review. Makes it all worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by BabyDee
                  *sigh*

Love this story. The connection between Chloe and Clark is palpable, and the visual of them sleeping in peaceful intimacy next to each other is just a wonderful thing to imagine. Perfect ribbon on an already perfect series.

And as if it wasn't sweet enough, they're not expecting one child, but TWO! They're gonna have their hands full, but Chloe and Clark have been looking after the planet for years...something tells me they'll be able to handle the pressure of two tiny terrors tearing the place apart.

Beautiful story, Mel! Thank you so much for sharing.

You have been so sweet in your praise. It means a lot coming from you. Hugs!

Comment

I think you have hit on a very important part of his relationship with Chloe; she really has regularly pushed Clark out of his comfort zone. Lana represented being normal, an impossibility for Clark and with Lois, he first found someone who had rather low expectations for him - didn't expect him to be anything but normal nice guy and then when she did find out his secret, she kept on thinking of him as a god, someone she has to live up to while assuming he had all the answers. She doesn't see his flaws and that means she can't help balance him out, can't inspire him to be a better man.
                    I completely agree with your view on what each girl represents for Clark...

I am actually still working on a prequel that explains how she ended up moving back to Metropolis. My goal is to finish the whole thing before I post any chapter.
                    I look forward to it!!!

The show heavily implied that Clark's problem was he didn't see the whole picture that was Chloe. Once he did, everything was obvious.
                    Yes, there's no wondering anymore, just an all encompassing knowing.
                    You're right, they did imply, and I just love a good story that follows up/finishes what the show started...

That storyline is one of the things that made me wonder what show the producers were watching. It isn't just a case of the crazy ending for Doomsday (insane on all counts) but as the season went on it became more and more clear that Chloe was the one who had acted with most foresight while Clark was wildly out of control and very selfishly. Don't get me started.
                    Not you, but me..

I like to think Clark has finally figured it all out though. He's supposed to be super smart too, right?
                    Yeah that's what they would tell us every once in while.

It's my personal cannon that the day Chloe saved him from the Gold Kryptonite ring and then gave him that hug in front of everyone, Clark finally got a clue how not only deep Chloe loved him, but how much she meant to him but that he
                    d been blind and it was too late. Or was it?
                    That's what my eyes saw, I've adopted it, it's now my cannon too....

So incredibly true. The root of pretty much all their problems is when they don't communicate well.
                    Season 9 was a big example of this.

Thank you. The twist just popped into place last minute. The banner really was my inspiration so I'm so pleased you could see the same thing.

Thanks again for taking the time to read and review. Makes it all worth it.
                    You're very welcome, thanks for replying..

Comment

This is so incredibly sweet, romantic and so touching. So wonderful how you reveal that Clark finally understands the one person who's always understood him. An amazing story; I loved every word. Brought happy tears to my Chlarky heart!!! Thank you so much for still writing my favorite pair and for sharing!

Comment

Originally posted by Mari2Anne
                        This is so incredibly sweet, romantic and so touching. So wonderful how you reveal that Clark finally understands the one person who's always understood him. An amazing story; I loved every word. Brought happy tears to my Chlarky heart!!! Thank you so much for still writing my favorite pair and for sharing!
                        Thank you for your lovely comment!

Chlark is a rich and complex relationship that just won't let me go. The show should have killed it, but instead, right to the end, it reinforced what I'd always seen from the beginning.

Chloe and Clark need each other.

Sure, they can survive apart, but apart they never will really be their true selves. Apart they are a lesser version. They need the kind of support and inspiration that only comes with knowing and accepting another right down to their core. That is what lets them dream bigger and love more fully.

The way I see it, at the end of the show Chloe was living behind scar tissue and Clark, settling for what was least complicated, but both relationships (Clois and Chlollie) were doomed to failure. Clois because Lois really didn't get what Clark needs, let along the MAN that he is. Chloe is the one that had to explain he even was a man on Lois's wedding day. An even bigger issue is that Lois herself needs something Clark can never promise, to be put first always.

Chlollie was doomed because as much of her heart as she gives Oliver, she can never give him the whole thing. Eventually, that is going to exact a toll. The Chloe that she's let Oliver know, isn't the real Chloe or at least not the whole of who she is and it can't last if she's always putting on a mask.

Which is why I still feel compelled to write. I need to finish their story. In this one I just skipped to the happily ever after. Glad it rang as true to you as it did to me.

Comment

I didn't realize that there is a sequel to A Good Day, Great Life, but I like it. It's sweet to see what that even though they were close before, they've only gotten closer.

Comment

Thank you!

Technically though, this is a prequel, but only by a day and just to make it completely confusing, it is still best read it after GOod Day Great Life so as to not spoil the surprise. How's that for convoluted!

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎