Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sailor Moon Reboot coming up

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just watched "Masquerade Dance Party", which was pretty much a filler episode. It didn't really do anything for me. I liked the ending with Lita being introduced, the kiss, and Beryl's goons introducing themselves to the scouts but... I'm noticing the amount of dialogue vs the amount of action, its not good. I guess it may be because they're progressing in the storyline quicker than expected.This was episode 18 from the original and Jupiter's episode next (which was episode 25 of the original). I guess by the end of September or early October we'll be at "A Crystal Clear Destiny/A Reluctant Princess" episodes

Comment

I enjoyed this episode more than episode 3. It was just the girls being the girls, sort of. That's a change from the original series, where filler was excessive. The animation also seemed better but I'm not an expert.

They pushed forward the story of the four kings and of thr usagi-mamoru romance. Cute romance mostly.

Mamoru kissing Usagi when she is sleeping and cannot give consent is unfortunate, though it awesomes up Luna when she tells him to back off.

Unfortunately, it still seems like the episode is light on story between the recap at the beginning and the thrre transformations, maybe my expectations are off.

Comment

Originally posted by darkphoenix21
        I just watched "Masquerade Dance Party", which was pretty much a filler episode. It didn't really do anything for me. I liked the ending with Lita being introduced, the kiss, and Beryl's goons introducing themselves to the scouts but... I'm noticing the amount of dialogue vs the amount of action, its not good. I guess it may be because they're progressing in the storyline quicker than expected.This was episode 18 from the original and Jupiter's episode next (which was episode 25 of the original). I guess by the end of September or early October we'll be at "A Crystal Clear Destiny/A Reluctant Princess" episodes
        Yeah it really feels like the new stories is light on plot. It's unfortunate.

Comment

I know its only been 4 episodes but the secondary characters are nonexistent...Molly, Melvin, Grampas (we haven't even seen), even Serena's family. They all had much more presence in the original; it felt like a well rounded series because of the fillers. In this reboot, not so much. It's very self contained. They traded plot for better animation that's why we only get two episodes a month.
          Last edited by darkphoenix21; 08-16-2014, 11:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by darkphoenix21
            I know its only been 4 episodes but the secondary characters are nonexistent...Molly, Melvin, Grampas (we haven't even seen), even Serena's family. They all had much more presence in the original; it felt like a well rounded series because of the fillers. In this reboot, not so much. It's very self contained. They traded plot for better animation that's why we only get two episodes a month.
            I'm not sure that the animation is that much better. It might be more complex, but there are a lot of mistakes, there's fewer images, and the use of exclamation marks and question marks in the original helped communicate emotion.

Right now I'm disappointed in this, though I'm going to keep watching. It's good, just not as good as the original.

Comment

Eisode 5 was pretty good overall. It was both respectful of the original introduction while managing to be its own thing. A lot of cuteness and some better animation. I notice a trend of each of the senshi having superpowers in human form, Ami has an IQ of 300, Rei has connections to spirits, and Makoto has superhuman strength.

I did cringe when Makoto said that she'd wear whatever wedding dress her husband would want. But, maybe that's the politically correct North American in me, they're supposed to be 14 year old girls and as such they don't necessarily have all the answers.

Comment

I enjoyed episode 7. It's nice to see Sailor Venus and they used a different spin on her appearance though it was similar to the last one.

I hope they explain why and how Venus got an orange skirt. They changed her outfit.

Comment

Was Sailor V's costume always orange? It was different in the video game (just like in the original series) but, her scout outfit wss orange. The symbol on her forehead was different.

Comment

I really liked this new episode....but, just when it was finally getting good the episode ended. Now its another 2 weeks before the reveal of the true Princess.

Comment

The newest remake definitely feature better graphics and visuals.
                      And although I've watched the original multiple times as well as read the manga, still gonna watch and re-watch the remake.
                      Might even add to the Sailor Moon collection with new print-outs .

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎