No announcement yet.

Sailor Moon Reboot coming up

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sailor Moon Reboot coming up

I expect this to be half as good as the original series, however, that will be good enough for me:

I hope they keep the same names: Serena, Molly, Melvin, Amy, Ray, Lyta, Nima, Luna, Artemis, Rini.

I loved the original. It used to be on every morning before school. Once in a while I'll watch "A Crystal Clear Destiny", "Day of Destiny", and "Final Battle" episodes on youtube.

Comment

Yeah youtube was a godsend.

I watched it as a kid in Canada, and like with other series I liked as a kid, YTV only had some of the episodes, and in this case they went two thirds of the way through season two. I never knew what happened to Rini, I was so happy to learn that youtube had most of the eposes when I was ... 23.

I went on a binge and caught up on all the cartoons. Sailor Moon was one of the ones that held up, along with Conan, Spider Man, Exo-Squad, and Battletech. You know what didn't hold up? Power Rangers, Ninja Turtles, Transformers.

ETA: You know what's funny? Melvin is a huge nerd, and the way they portrayed a nerd is that he always talked about the internet. Ah, the 1990s ... :-)
      Last edited by DA_Champion; 11-30-2013, 09:45 PM.

Comment

I watched the series up to when Sailors: Neptune, Uranus and Pluto came in; which I think was as far as the US version went. The voice-actors they got for the last season were terrible. They didn't sound right except for the ones who did Neptune, Uranus and Pluto cause they hadn't been seen or heard before then.

Comment

I loved this series when I was younger. Looking back though I perfered the manga, especially in terms of the character portrayals. I hope with this series they make the scouts closure to there manga counter parts, especially Raye, Mina and the outer scouts. Based on the info about this new series it could be a continuation which would further deviate from the manga, which has me intrigued mixed with dread. One thing is for sure I could do without another pink sugar heart attack.

Comment

http://io9.com/the-new-sailor-moon-anime-finally-has-a-name-a-premier-1543959006
            The new Sailor Moon anime finally has a name, a premiere date and art
            Rob Bricken

This is one of the 2014 film/TV events that I'm most excited about. I very much enjoyed these when I was ~10 and again when I went through the whole series at 23 (back in 2007). It sounds like this will be true to the original. I don't even compare if it's equally good (aka very good), if it's merely good and true in style to the original I will be satisfied.

Sounds like this is coming in July. I hope the stream is of good quality.

The above art is well drawn too.

If there was an ounce of vision in Hollywood there would be a race to adapt Japanese comics the way we've seen for American comics.

Comment

This was the most interesting comment responding to the article in my opinion:

I just want her to fight evil by moonlight and win love by daylight. Is that so much to ask? Never running from a real fight...

...she is the one called Sailor Moon.

Here's my man card. Might as well tear it up now.

Comment

The following gif captures my excitement for this news:

Comment

Here's the trailer for the uncut and remastered Sailor Moon, which Viz Media will be airing every Monday on Hulu starting on the 19th of this month. Get hype!

Sailor Moon is back

As in they're "remastering" the original series, whatever that means, separate news from the new show being aired, I think:
                  Watch the legendary anime series, Sailor Moon from the very beginning. New episodes every Monday featuring uncut and remastered footage! All 200 episodes coming, including the never before seen fifth season, Sailor Stars!

Usagi Tsukino is a clumsy but kindhearted teenage girl who transforms into the powerful guardian of love and justice, Sailor Moon. Meeting allies along the way who share similar fates, Usagi and her team of planetary Sailor Guardians fight to protect the universe from forces of evil and total annihilation.

Sailor Moon Set 1 -available on DVD and Blu-ray this Fall from VIZ Media.
                  P

Comment

Remastered by metroidman7Muisc: StarwindArtist: Joe Boyd VigilAlbum: Toonami: Deep Space Bass

LOL, optimus prime did the promos for sailor moon, I had no idea.

Comment

The preview for Sailor Moon Crystal is up:
                      Since 2007, Jezebel has been the Internet's most treasured source for everything celebrities, sex, and politics...with teeth.

It's in Japanese, but I have to admit, I got a real huge smirk listening to and watching the preview.

Here's some commentary on the artwork:
                      So when I woke up this morning I was super excited for the new Sailor Moon animation style and - to be brutally honest - I was kind of shocked when I searched the Internet and found these pictures. At...

Comment

I'm excited for the return of the series. Even though I've never read a comic book of any kind, I'm interested in seeing how different the series will be with it's more true to the source material tone. The goofyness of the original series is what I remember (meatball head Serena ) but, when things got serious it was mature.

I want to know if the first season will be pretty much similar to the first season of the original? If they're following the manga material was the original series' first season the same plot?

By the way is it just me or are the Scouts a little too skinny? I noticed the differences with that still image of the girls. Those legs don't look like they can hold any of them up right

Comment

I've never read the comics, I'll probably read them in the coming months.

I'm gonna miss Sailor Moon being called "Serena" and not "Usagi".

I agree the art looks weird in still forms, they're too skinny and the eyes look dead, hopefully it evolves to something better.

Comment

Originally posted by darkphoenix21
                            I'm excited for the return of the series. Even though I've never read a comic book of any kind, I'm interested in seeing how different the series will be with it's more true to the source material tone. The goofyness of the original series is what I remember (meatball head Serena ) but, when things got serious it was mature.

I want to know if the first season will be pretty much similar to the first season of the original? If they're following the manga material was the original series' first season the same plot?

By the way is it just me or are the Scouts a little too skinny? I noticed the differences with that still image of the girls. Those legs don't look like they can hold any of them up right
                            The anime had a lot more filler. Usagi is the manga went by Bunny as her name means 'moon rabbit'. One of the more jarring things for people will probably be that Zoicite is a straight male as are other the generals.

As far as the scouts, Amy and Raye had little change to there personality between the manga and anime. Lita in the manga hates flying and thunderstorms (I think) and that was never really translated to anime. Her and Mina are also not competitive. Mina in the manga is a lot more of a leader and has close friendship with Raye.
                            Last edited by Degobunny; 06-08-2014, 07:19 PM.

Comment

Premieres Tomorrow!!! simultaneously world wide

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎