No announcement yet.

Hindu group offended by line

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hindu group offended by line

At the start of this episode, Skye says "Do you think other deities are aliens, too?. Vishnu for sure, right?"

Not surprisingly, some Hindus have been upset by this line (can't blame them... Nor can I claim, that I didn't see this coming) and wants ABC to apologize. Why the episode's writer couldn't have used Olympians (which wouldn't have offended anyone), as an example, is beyond me.

Someone's always going to be offended.
    According to Babylon 5, Angels are actually Vorlons without their Encounter Suit.
    According to Stargate SG-1 the Egyptian and Nordic Gods and even Satan himself are all Goa'ulds.
    According to Man of Steel, Superman is Jesus which makes him an alien as well...

Comment

And believe it or not there are still people (in Greece at least) who believe in the Olympian gods. Though most of the "worship" seems to be cultural traditions like throwing a coin to a part of the sea on the coast where people believed was the entrance to the Underworld etc. I say cultural traditions because tourists do stuff like that too.

Comment

Could see this one coming a mile off. As has been mentioned just say the Olympians instead. You wouldn't get this backlash.

Comment

Someone's always going to be offended. Just make sure you offend every group (even atheists). Don't leave anyone out so they can claim you're being partial.

Comment

It was a joke...people are way to easily offended. It's not like Stargate SG1 were all religions are somehow connected to the evil Guoald or Ori.

Comment

So Agents of Shield is taking on the plot of the ancient alien hypothesis.

I wonder if they can be more insightful than Indiana Jones: Kingdom of the Crystal Skull or Prometheus.

Comment

Working...
              X
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎