No announcement yet.

Time lines in OUAT and OUATIW

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time lines in OUAT and OUATIW

Okay, so, I'm slightly confused about the timelines between both shows and was wondering if anyone knows if the creators have addressed this before or has an explanation, but the time periods shown in both shows confuse me.

So in OUAT, Bael/Neal lives with Wendy, Michael and John in what appears to be Victorian England, then Neal goes to Wonderland lives there and comes to the world 11/12 years ago, meets Emma, etc. Wendy doesn't age because she's in Wonderland, but what happened to Michael and John? How come they are alive in present day and only look to be in their 20's when they were children during the Victorian era? Did they spend time in Wonderland too? I don't know if I missed something there....

In OUATIW, Alice at the beginning of the show when she is in the asylum seems to be living in the 1900's, and Will is living in Storybrook in the present. He goes to find Alice and time travels to the 1900's I'm assuming? Or does what happened with Alice in Wonderland happen in the past?

I don't know, the timelines confuse me a bit. Can anyone clear it up?

The OUATIW Victorian era England is actually a different world all together. While the England that Baelfire met the Darlings was from our world.

The Knave was living in Storybrooke when the White Rabbit found him and brought him to the Victorian era world to free Alice. OUATiW is set during the events of the first season of OUAT; in the Wonderland pilot a Beetle is seen coming into the town (though we don't actually seem them, it can be assumed that it's Emma taking Henry back to town).
    Last edited by darkphoenix21; 11-24-2013, 12:02 AM.

Comment

Thanks for clearing it up for me, darkphoenix21. That's really helpful. I didn't realize the first scene of the Knave in Storybrook was supposed to be from the pilot of OUAT, I completely missed the Beetle driving into town... And I didn't realize that OUATIW England was a different world, but I guess that makes sense since Alice is a storybook character.

Comment

Henry's ageing. A question which has not been answered for me during the whole of S1 & 2. (I saw a similar point someone raised in an S1 E2 topic and sorry if it's been raised elsewhere but haven't seen it) It makes sense that Henry has aged throughout his 10 years, because he's not from Storybrooke. But the other kids in the school must have stayed the same age for 28 years. No-one would notice till Henry started school, because they forget things like that, but when Henry started changing classes every year they'd have noticed that he was different. Wouldn't that be the first proof he'd give to Emma and other adults that the story in the book was "real" ?

Comment

Working...
        X
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎