0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%
  • 1 - Exterminate it

0 0%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hopeless View Post
    In the unlikely case someone doesn't want to ruin their surprise instead of watching the special first like mostly everybody else before reading this thread...

[SPOILER]So anyone wondered what the Daleks thought at that sequence where the General said "All twelve of them?!" and someone else answered,"No Sir ALL THIRTEEN OF THEM!"

I just wondered what the Dalek reaction would be?

What the Incoming storm?
    All... HOW MANY!

How does an entire Dalek invasion force wet itself?!
    [/SPOILER]

Oh and thanks for the HISHE link, loved how Batman was asking the doctor to go save Amy and then broke into the TARDIS to chat up Clara!
    Actually, more than just chat... He hit on her, and he wanted the doctor to save Amy because she is HOT!!...

[SPOILER]As for the Daleks, we all know they were not destroyed. They never will... I used to talk about it to my husband, and he mentioned how the doctor (before this episode changed the past) was extremely successful in wiping all timelords from existence, but failed completely in destroying the Daleks... [/SPOILER]

Hopeless Forum Addict Halberdier17's Avatar
    That is how Batman hits on people in the HISHE Super Café series he always asks them "Want to know my secret identity" because he says women are his Kryptonite.

One episode he hit on Black Widow in the Iron Man episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Halberdier17 View Post
    That is how Batman hits on people in the HISHE Super Café series he always asks them "Want to know my secret identity" because he says women are his Kryptonite.

One episode he hit on Black Widow in the Iron Man episode.
    I thought the funnier was The Doctor explaining he couldn't save Krypton because its explosion was a fixed point in time, and the Batman replying "Convenient"... Because the "fixed point in time" is an extremely convenient excuse to explain all the plot holes... I mean, let's face it, when the writers/producers really want the Doctor to save someone, they always find a way around it, even when it is a "fixed point in time".

I mean, the Doctor's death and River killing him was supposed to be a fixed point in time, and the doctor is still around, and River never agreeded on murdering him. She served time for a crime she never had any intention of comitting, and he remained alive. I also remember all those guy in Waters of Mars, whose deaths were supposed to be "fixed points in time", and they've all survived, and the only one who actually did die, killed herself on Earth. And the universe didn't implode as well as time didn't disintegrate.

The only time it happened, was when it was convenient, so that River had to agree in pretending to murder the doctor, and in serving time for it.
    Last edited by liana; 11-25-2013 at 09:27 AM.

Absolutely fantastic episode! I squee'd when David Tennant appeared. Seeing the Doctors with their sonic screwdrivers and their mannerisms was just adoreable! The best part for me was seeing Tom Baker at the end as the curator because it gives us hope that Trenzalore and the Doctors's death doesn't happen

The money shot was all 12 Doctors but I was kind of wishing that we'd have seen a bit more of Peter Capaldi but....OMG....the story line set up now is just going to be incredible as the Doctor is going home!!! Also, I hope we get to see more of the Master and the dynamics of their die hard relationship

This was just a perfect episode and so much more happened in it and is set to happen but...Happy 50th Anniversary Dr Who and I can't wait to see what happens next!

Hopeless Forum Addict Halberdier17's Avatar
    I thought Peter Capaldi showed up at one point in it because they had 13 different Doctors at one point.

It was a very brief appearance.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Halberdier17 View Post
    I thought Peter Capaldi showed up at one point in it because they had 13 different Doctors at one point.

It was a very brief appearance.

He did we just saw his eyes. I think his Doctors overall arc will be about finding Gallifrey.

Quote Originally Posted by maasaloo View Post
    He did we just saw his eyes. I think his Doctors overall arc will be about finding Gallifrey.
    He's going home, he actually said it and only the Doctor knows where he's put Gallifrey so....

Yes Peter Capaldi was shown but he wasn't shown in the pic of all the previous Doctors.

Probably because his Doctor's appearance hasn't been made official yet, but that's okay since I didn't expect to see him in the episode anyway.

String Bikini Theory BoyScout-ManOfTomorrow's Avatar
    Uncanny X-Valley, Avengers World, Year 2099
    Watched the episode again and loved it even more. I obviously knew what to expect this time around but I was amazed at how well it still flowed. Not a dull moment in it. The pacing is just right and the editing keeps the whole piece kinetic even during the slower character building moments. Even the exposition feels exciting. It never feels like "just" talking head drama. Of course a lot of this is due to good acting and there's not a bad performance present. The monologue given by Matt Smith's Doctor at the end is spine chillingly good, honest and a really nice way to end this one.

Any news on whether The Day of the Doctor will be released as a part of Season 8 or will it have it's own special release? Maybe this has been answered already but I must have missed it.

Madman With A Blue Box Austin 3:16's Avatar
    The Day Of The Doctor will be released by itself on blu ray and dvd a week from tomorrow.

The 50th anniversary is the #1 season and episode on iTunes and the most downloaded episode of this entire year for BBC Worldwide on iTunes! It's also the #1 episode on Amazon's tv chart within the first 24 hrs of release. Very awesome and ty to every single fan and person involved with the show before and now for making this possible. U have made this Whovian very happy and proud!

This is what they should have done.

Madman With A Blue Box Austin 3:16's Avatar
    That would've been really cool and they could've just used the fantastic they had in the Eccleston season.

I liked this episode so much! great great great TV Show!!!

String Bikini Theory BoyScout-ManOfTomorrow's Avatar
    Uncanny X-Valley, Avengers World, Year 2099

Fantastic trailer!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast