0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%
  • 1 - Exterminate it

0 0%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Banned
    One very small criticism If I may. John Hurt's Doctor regeneration into Christoper Eccleston's I would've liked seeing it completed.

Next Episode: Comfort KatherineKent's Avatar
    ^ agreed. Seems as if they couldn't get Christopher Eccleston involved at all for some reason. That's a real shame. I mean, the whole idea was to show John Hurt his future, and the 2 doctors he got to see, yeah they are great, but there was another that came IMMEDIATELY after ... and he was definitely tortured by the time war.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by KatherineKent View Post
    ^ agreed. Seems as if they couldn't get Christopher Eccleston involved at all for some reason. That's a real shame. I mean, the whole idea was to show John Hurt his future, and the 2 doctors he got to see, yeah they are great, but there was another that came IMMEDIATELY after ... and he was definitely tortured by the time war.
    Yeah Chris didn't want to make an appereance but we did get to see a few shot's of his Doctor.

What about Peter Capaldi's Doctor making an appearance? I didn't think they would show him but kudos to Moffett.

Quote Originally Posted by maasaloo View Post
    Yeah Chris didn't want to make an appereance but we did get to see a few shot's of his Doctor.

What about Peter Capaldi's Doctor making an appearance? I didn't think they would show him but kudos to Moffett.
    Capaldi's cameo was cool. So was Tom Baker's.

String Bikini Theory BoyScout-ManOfTomorrow's Avatar
    Uncanny X-Valley, Avengers World, Year 2099
    Pretty much any other piece of fiction nowadays would have been content with [SPOILER]having the three Doctors push the button and doom Gallifrey together. They would have been content ending it on that sad note.[/SPOILER] Luckily the writers are still taking Doctor Who one step beyond.

I'd say this was the best hour+ of fiction I've gotten all year.

The Force is Strong!!! darkphoenix21's Avatar
    Training the next generation of Jedi legends
    Even though I'm new to The "Doctor Who" phenomena (having just caught on/caught up to Smith's Doctor), I found this episode to be amazing!!! for a sci-fi series. I loved all glimpses of old and new Doctors. It's still a bit of a headache to understand the way they use time travel in this series but, it's also what makes this series so wonderful too.

Does Matt Smith still have one more episode before Peter Capaldi takes over? I thought that it was going to end with Smith regenerating; the episode ended with (what I thought) a nice set up for the next Doctor.
    Last edited by darkphoenix21; 11-25-2013 at 02:27 PM.

Settling In
    Matt still does have the Christmas Special next month. The Regeneration will most likely be the last or second to last scene of the Special.

And wooow, it just dawned on me... the School Clara works at it the very same Susan went to in the very first Episode... I think Im having a nerdgasm
    Last edited by ChrisB85; 11-24-2013 at 04:13 AM.

Banned
    Yeah Matt Smith has one last episode left the christmas special and they teased the special last night. He's going to Trenzalore. You know Fall of the 11th and all that.

I thought it was a nice touch in that picture/scene to put Hartnell by himself.

Finally, got a chance to see it. And I quite liked it.

[SPOILER]It was also nice to see the 12th Doctor show up.The question is of course, will they resolve the Gallifrey story soon or wait until the end of Capaldi's run? And use it as a means to get around the limit of 12 regenerations (I'm thinking the Time Lords might grant him a new regeneration cycle (like they offered the Master, in The Five Doctors), for first saving them from their ultimate destrution and then getting them out of that pocket universe).[/SPOILER]

Gonna check out The Five(ish) Doctors Reboot, now.

Quote Originally Posted by jon-el87 View Post
    Gonna check out The Five(ish) Doctors Reboot, now.
    Just finished it and frankly... I liked this one better. The cameos, the call backs, Moffat sitting in his office playing with action figures of 10 and 11, etc, etc.

For those of you, who haven't, but wanna see it (The Five(ish) Doctors Reboot):

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p01m3kfy
    Last edited by jon-el87; 11-24-2013 at 10:43 AM. Reason: Making certain that no one will think the link is about The Day of the Doctor.

Madman With A Blue Box Austin 3:16's Avatar
    This whole special wow. I can safely say it did not disappoint me and I loved the cameos too. I also loved how David said his line before getting back into his TARDIS.

Absolutely fantastic and if I heard what the main plot for Peter's first season is then I'm going to be biting my nails down to the knuckles until summer next yr.

I also thought it was appropriate that William Hartnell was by himself at the end when they showed all the Doctors so far.

I do have a question though. Did anyone else look for Peter Capaldi at the end in that part with The Doctors all standing there?

Only thing I was disappointed about was that Chris didn't show up at all. I know he said he wouldn't but so did someone else and it would've been a nice nod to the audience. Oh well we got a great special.

There's one word to sum up how much I enjoyed it.

Yowza!
    Last edited by Austin 3:16; 11-24-2013 at 09:51 AM.

Forum Whiz
    In the unlikely case someone doesn't want to ruin their surprise instead of watching the special first like mostly everybody else before reading this thread...

[SPOILER]So anyone wondered what the Daleks thought at that sequence where the General said "All twelve of them?!" and someone else answered,"No Sir ALL THIRTEEN OF THEM!"

I just wondered what the Dalek reaction would be?

What the Incoming storm?
    All... HOW MANY!

How does an entire Dalek invasion force wet itself?!
    [/SPOILER]

Oh and thanks for the HISHE link, loved how Batman was asking the doctor to go save Amy and then broke into the TARDIS to chat up Clara!
    Last edited by hopeless; 11-25-2013 at 12:51 AM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast