View Poll Results: What did you think?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10 - Excellent

    20 48.78%
  • 9

    11 26.83%
  • 8

    6 14.63%
  • 7

    2 4.88%
  • 6

    0 0%
  • 5

    1 2.44%
  • 4

    0 0%
  • 3

    1 2.44%
  • 2

    0 0%
  • 1 - Give It The Chair

    0 0%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 99
  1. #16
    Onward Season 10! Anno_Domini's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 10
    Posts
    3,923
    Hahahahahahaha, I may have been the only one who just died of laughter after that reveal and only because I immediately thought of last season when Tommy mentioned how Thea was hot and Thea's feelings towards Tommy...even trying to hook up with him in one of the earlier episodes. But, dang...Malcolm Merlyn is back! I wonder if we're going to get this huge showdown of League of Assassin members, including Malcolm, going after Ollie and maybe even Sara(I'm sure he knows something about her being alive).

    Also, they're really speeding the pace in bringing up some powers(albeit if it's just superhuman strength and regenerative abilities)...makes that even more special now since we won't be getting full-on Flash later this season.

    And do you think it is the Lazarus Pit that brought Malcolm back...or that miracle serum?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dagenspear View Post
    What I've feared has been proven. Oliver will always be a murderer. Congratulations Hood, you betrayed your supposedly best friend's memory. Somebody take this worthless piece of **** and his equally worthless fangirl and body guard down.
    Because there were sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo many options Ollie could have done to save Felicity, right?

  2. #17
    Onward Season 10! Anno_Domini's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 10
    Posts
    3,923
    Quote Originally Posted by thatoneguy View Post
    Just realized something: Oliver had his good off the entire time he was in his office with the count. Now when police look at surveillance they're going to see Oliver is Arrow. This may be the defining moment when Detective Lance finds out the hood is Oliver and he gives him the green mask so he can shield his identity when the hood is off. BOOM!
    I'm sure Felicity will alter it.

  3. #18
    >>>THE FLASH<<< super_j_man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 07
    Location
    Central City
    Posts
    18,589


    wow...........just wow..........

    Ummm................

    This episode was great, but had a few weak moments.

    -I actually liked Laurel in this one but didn't understand why she was allowed to be the Attorney given her relationship with Oliver. I don't understand why she ran away from Ollie when he asked if she was okay.
    -The Count was great in this one but I hated to see him die.
    -I loved Thea and Roy's moment with the boxing gloves.
    -I was rolling my eyes when Felicity got caught by the Count. Predictable.
    -Flashback stuff was great but I sure hope we don't see a Ollie/Sara/Shado love triangle.
    -The Brother Blood scene was a little random. I know they were showing who hired the Count to kill the Arrow but they need show us why BB wants the Arrow dead.
    -Malcolm is back!!!! But the ending was just a little.......too much......Just when we got over the shock of finding out he's alive, we then get another plot twist in that Malcolm is Thea's father??

    A few things like the end could have been handled a little better but all in all a pretty good episode. I give it an 8 out of 10!

  4. #19
    Settling In
    Join Date
    Oct 13
    Posts
    95
    Quote Originally Posted by super_j_man View Post
    -The Brother Blood scene was a little random. I know they were showing who hired the Count to kill the Arrow but they need show us why BB wants the Arrow dead.
    -Malcolm is back!!!! But the ending was just a little.......too much......Just when we got over the shock of finding out he's alive, we then get another plot twist in that Malcolm is Thea's father??

    A few things like the end could have been handled a little better but all in all a pretty good episode.
    Agreed

  5. #20
    Onward Season 10! Anno_Domini's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 10
    Posts
    3,923
    Oh!

    The Count's, seemingly, final appearance and he called himself Count Vertigo. That was pretty cool.

  6. #21
    Board Master Dagenspear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 11
    Posts
    2,173
    Quote Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
    Hahahahahahaha, I may have been the only one who just died of laughter after that reveal and only because I immediately thought of last season when Tommy mentioned how Thea was hot and Thea's feelings towards Tommy...even trying to hook up with him in one of the earlier episodes. But, dang...Malcolm Merlyn is back! I wonder if we're going to get this huge showdown of League of Assassin members, including Malcolm, going after Ollie and maybe even Sara(I'm sure he knows something about her being alive).Also, they're really speeding the pace in bringing up some powers(albeit if it's just superhuman strength and regenerative abilities)...makes that even more special now since we won't be getting full-on Flash later this season.And do you think it is the Lazarus Pit that brought Malcolm back...or that miracle serum?Because there were sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo many options Ollie could have done to save Felicity, right?
    That doesn't matter. The right thing always comes before any single life. But, hands shoulder kneecap or eyes. Or that fancy restraint arrow, tazer arrow, or even a tranq arrowg And I'm not sure that would've killed her. It's a risk, but the greater good would've been worth it. Also, he straight murdered him, he didn't kill to protect, he put one arrow in him to stop him, and then he put in two more to finish him. He's a murderer. And like all murdering sociopaths he deserves to rot in prison for the rest of natural life. He's not special.

  7. #22
    Onward Season 10! Anno_Domini's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 10
    Posts
    3,923
    I'll give you hands, that could work...but going through the hands could hurt Felicity as well.

    Kneecaps would easily cause Count to notice something if Ollie focused down. And eyes could have killed Count as well.

    I'm not arguing that the two added arrows were necessary. THAT was overboard, but that first arrow...I believe that was a necessary kill, similar to Batman killing Dent in TDK.

  8. #23
    Board Master Dagenspear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 11
    Posts
    2,173
    Quote Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
    I'll give you hands, that could work...but going through the hands could hurt Felicity as well. Kneecaps would easily cause Count to notice something if Ollie focused down. And eyes could have killed Count as well.I'm not arguing that the two added arrows were necessary. THAT was overboard, but that first arrow...I believe that was a necessary kill, similar to Batman killing Dent in TDK.
    No. Batman tackled a madman to save the life of a child, he had no direct intention of killing Dent when he did it, it just ended up that way. A more apt comparison would've been if Oliver had shot Vertigo in the shoulder and he'd fallen out the window. The extra arrows are what changes it from a kill to stop to a murder of malicious intent. Key word in both "could".

  9. #24
    touring Clark's galaxy Tebow15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 08
    Location
    Clark's Bed...HELLO!
    Posts
    10,952
    I Absolutely loved this episode.

  10. #25
    Settling In Kiarasa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 12
    Posts
    65
    Quote Originally Posted by thatoneguy View Post
    Just realized something: Oliver had his good off the entire time he was in his office with the count. Now when police look at surveillance they're going to see Oliver is Arrow. This may be the defining moment when Detective Lance finds out the hood is Oliver and he gives him the green mask so he can shield his identity when the hood is off. BOOM!
    I doubt it. He didn't wear his hood because The Count knew his identity; I'm sure Felicity and or Oliver messed with the tapes before the police got to them. If Detective Lance found out about Oliver that way, then I'd assume other cops also would have seen the footage, thus permanently blowing Oliver's identity.

    Fantastic episode, though. I was loving the scenes with Oliver and Thea, and Oliver and Felicity. However, I only feel meh about Malcolm being Thea's dad. I mean, it was certainly a curveball, but it felt kind of... I don't know... cliche? Still, what's done is done. I'm interested to see where they will take this.

  11. #26
    Onward Season 10! Anno_Domini's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 10
    Posts
    3,923
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagenspear View Post
    No. Batman tackled a madman to save the life of a child, he had no direct intention of killing Dent when he did it, it just ended up that way. A more apt comparison would've been if Oliver had shot Vertigo in the shoulder and he'd fallen out the window. The extra arrows are what changes it from a kill to stop to a murder of malicious intent. Key word in both "could".
    You don't really believe he didn't intend to kill Dent, do you? He tackled Dent, only grabbed James and held on for dear life while Dent fell to his death. Nothing in that even tells me that Batman didn't plan on killing Dent to save James. In fact, the only part in that entire trilogy that really felt like Batman planned on actually killing someone.

  12. #27
    Forum Regular Sharingan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 04
    Posts
    301
    Judging from the title of this episode I really didn't expect this episode to be the best of the season (so far)

    Malcolm recovering from the Lazurus Pit?!?

    Not sure about how Thea being his daughter plays importance except add more drama to the whole thing.

    Felicity and Oliver moments are soooooo goood..... whyyyyy must it be sooo goood....?! I want more yet kinda feel scared at the same time. We ultimately know Oliver must end up with Laurel...but the sad thing is knowing nothing will come out of this Felicity and Oliver relationship and if they screw it up we'll be all over this.

  13. #28
    Board Master
    Join Date
    Dec 10
    Posts
    2,776
    After last week's focus on Diggle and Isabel Rochev, this episode focuses on the returning Dinah Laurel, Thea Queen, and Moira Queen as Moira's trial is the focus moreso than the return of Count Vertigo. Moira's secrets are mostly out in the open, but the verdict didn't make sense and we found out why in the episode's end along with a shocking revelation that we didn't see coming. However, it does make sense if you consider the hints from last season.

    Count Vertigo's return has caused Oliver to kill after making progress in making another way as the hero that Starling City needs. I can see the consequences for this given that the relationship between Oliver and Detective Lance has smoothed out compared to last season. I think Diggle being knocked out with Vertigo was a way to bench him after last week's focus on him. Felicity has stepped up more in the action field.

    I enjoyed the flashbacks involving Oliver, Sarah, Shado, and Slade as they could've been a potential Team Arrow for the present instead of the past on the island. More than ever, I want both Shado and Slade in the present along with Sarah's return. Great episode overall.

  14. #29
    Board Master Dagenspear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 11
    Posts
    2,173
    Quote Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
    You don't really believe he didn't intend to kill Dent, do you? He tackled Dent, only grabbed James and held on for dear life while Dent fell to his death. Nothing in that even tells me that Batman didn't plan on killing Dent to save James. In fact, the only part in that entire trilogy that really felt like Batman planned on actually killing someone.
    That's why I said "no DIRECT intention." I believe it occured to him that Dent would have to die to save that child. But Batman tackling him wasn't about killing him, it was all about saving that child. Unlike what Oliver did. His intention was to end Vertigo when he shot him with those other arrows. That's why your comparison isn't appropriate. And that's the difference between a kill and a murder.

  15. #30
    Posting Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 11
    Posts
    1,904
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagenspear View Post
    That's why I said "no DIRECT intention." I believe it occured to him that Dent would have to die to save that child. But Batman tackling him wasn't about killing him, it was all about saving that child. Unlike what Oliver did. His intention was to end Vertigo when he shot him with those other arrows. That's why your comparison isn't appropriate. And that's the difference between a kill and a murder.
    Okay, I'm going to weigh in here. First, Dagenspear, a question: if someone YOU cared about, friend or family, was in danger from a lunatic, are you telling me your first thought would not be to kill said lunatic? If someone were threatening a close friend or family member of mine, I would kill them. And Oliver's training kicked in; hat trick to the chest is the most assured method, especially since he had not been killing until recently.

    Oliver's emotions were plain: he didn't like what he had just done; but a friend was in danger. I think you need to realize that when his friends/family are on the line, Oliver's new-found morality is definitely going to be put to the test and its doubtful that he's going to just capture them.

    I would also point out that there were people on this forum (not sure if you were one of them) about how Oliver did this dramatic one-eighty of not killing without any setbacks. I'd call this a setback. It's realistic, which in case you've forgotten, is the edge that makes Arrow one of the best shows on TV right now.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •