Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "State v. Queen?"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is strange that Oliver wasn't asked to testify and Laurel could have been asked but I'm not sure if that is allowed considering her position.

Comment

We haven't seen Kate Spencer episode 1.05 "Damaged". She was in last nights episode as the District Attorney that said that Laurel had to take over for ADA Adam Donner.

Comment

Originally posted by Dagenspear
        That's why I said "no DIRECT intention." I believe it occured to him that Dent would have to die to save that child. But Batman tackling him wasn't about killing him, it was all about saving that child. Unlike what Oliver did. His intention was to end Vertigo when he shot him with those other arrows. That's why your comparison isn't appropriate. And that's the difference between a kill and a murder.
        But I think it still was directly intended to kill Dent. Batman knew what he was going to do.

And also, that first arrow...it was to save Felicity; I'll always say that, but I'm not arguing about the extra arrows...that was Ollie wanting Vertigo dead as a doornail and that bit was too much.
        Last edited by Anno_Domini; 11-21-2013, 01:50 PM.

Comment

I guess Malcolm doesn't care that his son his dead. I guess we won't see a grave dug up then and he get the Lazarus pit treatment - don't know how that would work since he's been dead for so long. I'm sure everyone thought he'd go after Oliver and be like you killed my son but Malcolm isn't Laurel. Of course he didn't care about his son much in the season finale either - he hurt him before he ran away as I recall.

Why is Dollmaker alive? I know how, but why? Does Blood have a need for guys who make dolls out of people?
          Last edited by brbo70; 11-21-2013, 02:29 PM.

Comment

I sometimes hate how Oliver has this "laurel can do no wrong" thing going on. The lady was prosecuting his mom, just her job or not, i'd expect him to be LITTLE cold or angry. But no, he's like "are you okay?, cause i totally still want to bang you even though you're prosecuting my mother!!"

Comment

On the second viewing of this episode I liked it even better now that the shock of the last 5 minutes is waned.

A few more things:
              -I loved when the Count was disappointed when Ollie didn't kill him the first time
              -Stephen Amell was fantastic this episode
              -I guess Slade's half black face is a nod to Deathstroke's mask, I kinda like it!
              -I said this last time, but the island stuff was great!

I'd probably change my rating now from a 8 to a 9!

Comment

Originally posted by brbo70
                I guess Malcolm doesn't care that his son his dead. I guess we won't see a grave dug up then and he get the Lazarus pit treatment - don't know how that would work since he's been dead for so long. I'm sure everyone thought he'd go after Oliver and be like you killed my son but Malcolm isn't Laurel. Of course he didn't care about his son much in the season finale either - he hurt him before he ran away as I recall.

Why is Dollmaker alive? I know how, but why? Does Blood have a need for guys who make dolls out of people?
                They were showing continuity with the Dollmaker. The scene with the Count and Dollmaker was set just after the Markov device went off. The prison was broken, but those two escaped. The Count released the Dollmaker because he loves the Dollmaker's work.

I think you're underestimating Malcolm when it comes to Tommy. While Tommy might not get the Lazarus treatment, Malcolm did care for his son. He kept trying to involve him but pulled back several times. He doesn't know how to be a father; but now he, in his twisted mind, sees a second chance at being a father and a chance at revenge on the Queen family: Moira for her betrayals (the press conference and concealing Thea's parentage from him), and Oliver for nearly killing him.

Comment

Originally posted by sai210
                  I sometimes hate how Oliver has this "laurel can do no wrong" thing going on. The lady was prosecuting his mom, just her job or not, i'd expect him to be LITTLE cold or angry. But no, he's like "are you okay?, cause i totally still want to bang you even though you're prosecuting my mother!!"
                  ^^lol

I loved this episode, Shocking ending indeed!
                  I'm very curious how this all plays out..
                  Like what's gonna happend to Moira when they find out Malcolm is still alive and he ''pursuaded'' the jury,
                  What's Thea gonna say about all this?

Reminding me about Thea had a little crush on Tommy in season 1.
                  Glad that nothing happend between them for her sake lol

The flashbacks were great as always!
                  I'm glad he's back with Slade and Shado now.
                  Diddn't like the boat that much. I like them fighting and Oliver learning new skills

Comment

yeah Thea had a crush on Tommy; In the Pilot Tommy basically said "Did you notice how hot your sister has gotten; Because I didn't." He only added the second line because Ollie gave him a glare that said that's my sister.

Comment

Was it clear whether Moira knew Thea was Malcolm's daughter before he said it?

Comment

Originally posted by Starsaber
                        Was it clear whether Moira knew Thea was Malcolm's daughter before he said it?
                        I don't think she knew Thea was Malcolm's daughter but she must've known it was a possibility.

Comment

The Count was bare moments from killing. How does killing a murderer who is in the process of murdering qualify as "murder"? It helps to think things through, and leads to a deeper understanding of the world.
                          Last edited by Saluki; 11-21-2013, 10:20 PM. Reason: grammatoratical error

Comment

I can't say I was blown away by this episode, despite the surprising reveal about Moira's fling with Malcolm and Thea's paternity. Considering how much time Moira spent with Malcolm last season it's not a big leap that they had a relationship in the past. I'm not that thrilled to see that Malcolm and Thea could be on their own 'secrets and lies' merry-go-round going forward. Not to mention more Thea spats with Moira about (yep!) secrets and lies.

Merlyn was the Big Bad last season, and earned that status. Now that they've invoked the name Ra's Al Ghul and the League of Assassins, he may drop to second-rate the moment Ra's or one of his daughters shows up. They'll really have to sell his League of Assassins connection eg. he's in the upper echelons of the organization. Malcolm's story will have to be convincing to justify his higher profile (and continued presence) for the rest of S2. Being Thea's real daddy is not enough.

I wasn't a fan of Vertigo on the show, even from his first appearance. Too campy, cartoonish, one-dimensional and over-the-top: like some poorly written Phantom Zoner or FOTW on SV. Ollie was right: there was no choice! He needed to die to extract this sort of cheesily-conceived villain from the Arrow universe. I welcome his death. Please, Count Vertigo, never return.

Laurel should be disbarred for speaking with Moira, realistically. It's a conflict of interest on so many levels. It did show that she still feels some connection with the Queen family. I feel bad for her character, development-wise -- everyone seems to be going forward except her. Now she's lost the case (with a little help from Malcolm). Maybe that's the point, she'll hit rock-bottom and has nowhere to go but up. We can hope.

8/10.
                            Would have been 7, but they went for the kill with Vertigo. I have to acknowledge that.

Comment

I'm praying and donating puppies to the Salvation Army if The Makers will justp please spare us the hokey Lazarus Pit. Please please please please please please please please please please please please please please pleeeease pleeeeeease pleeeeeeeeease pleeeeeeeeeeeease no Lazarus Pit!

Comment

Originally posted by President_Luthor
                                Laurel should be disbarred for speaking with Moira, realistically. It's a conflict of interest on so many levels. It did show that she still feels some connection with the Queen family. I feel bad for her character, development-wise -- everyone seems to be going forward except her. Now she's lost the case (with a little help from Malcolm). Maybe that's the point, she'll hit rock-bottom and has nowhere to go but up. We can hope.
                                She shouldn't have been on the case to begin with. Not only did her boyfriend (well, technically ex, but close enough) die in the Undertaking, but she has a long history with the Queen family. It's actually conflict of interest from both directions.

The Moira thing from this episode just seemed like another example of the self-destructive behavior we've seen from her the past few episodes.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎