Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Forum Whiz

Should we really think that Metatrons spell is not able to be reversed?

Or do you think he is lying? For some reason I just can't wrap my head around a spell not being able to be reversed at all what so ever. It kind of pisses me off that the writer went this way with it too so maybe my emotions are getting the best of me. There has to be something they can do? Like killing the one who cast the spell IE Metatron just like killing a witch in some cases would work. Plus I don't understand how if they were to do the trials to shut heaven why it wouldn't suck the angels back upstairs.

Anyone else want to weigh in? Having all the Angels on Earth for more than a season is going to get old IMO.

I don't think Crowley or the translation is lying, but I do believe the whole truth hasn't been told. There is probably a way around it (possibly if Cass' grace is returned to him), or maybe something that overrides it.

I think Metatron was sneaky and self-interested when he wrote the Angel tablets. For one, he specifically wrote them in a language different from all the others in order to hide them. Second, he has "footnotes". Third, the spell to close Heaven was in the footnotes. I suspect God may have had nothing to do with Metatron's additions.
    Last edited by blue sunflower; 11-19-2013 at 12:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by waynedeath1047 View Post
    Or do you think he is lying? For some reason I just can't wrap my head around a spell not being able to be reversed at all what so ever. It kind of pisses me off that the writer went this way with it too so maybe my emotions are getting the best of me. There has to be something they can do? Like killing the one who cast the spell IE Metatron just like killing a witch in some cases would work. Plus I don't understand how if they were to do the trials to shut heaven why it wouldn't suck the angels back upstairs.

Anyone else want to weigh in? Having all the Angels on Earth for more than a season is going to get old IMO.
    After being "owned" by Abaddon, I can't see Crowley lying to Sam and Kevin because I really hope this is a major step in Crowley becoming a member of Team Free Will.

I think, whatever the tablet says about it not being reversed or what not isn't the whole truth, though. Perhaps that's something Metatron just never decided to write down in that the spell can be reversed. I am really hoping for a sub plot with Castiel searching for his grace in the second half of the season and that reverses the spell. No grace, then you only have 2/3's of the spell.

I don't think he's lying but I don't think it's the truth. I'd by Metatron lying first.

Forum Whiz
    Just as a quick point of clarification I never said anything about Crowley lying. I was always asking if Metatron was. It makes me wonder when exactly the tablets were buried. It must have been upon Metatrons sabbatical.

Quote Originally Posted by waynedeath1047 View Post
    Just as a quick point of clarification I never said anything about Crowley lying. I was always asking if Metatron was.
    I found a possible reference that there might be another tablet. If true, maybe that's where the solution is, and Metatron is hiding it.

It makes me wonder when exactly the tablets were buried. It must have been upon Metatrons sabbatical.
    Considering the ubersecret and uberhigh angels didn't know where they were, I'm wondering if Metatron is the one who hid them.

ETA: Oops, no. According to 817, Lucifer had the Angel tablet and hid it in one of his crypts.
    Last edited by blue sunflower; 11-21-2013 at 12:54 AM.

I think it was stated in the demon tablet that there was a "compendium" of tablets. In my opinion, that suggests a lot of them. All three tablets so far have been to control entities....leviathan, demon, angel. There are other entities....reapers perhaps? The "spell" Metatron used to boot out the angels is not what the angel tablet was all about IMO. Leviathan get out of control, lock them in Purgatory. The demons were going to be locked in Hell forever. The angel tablet, if this follows the trend, should have locked all the angels in Heaven, not spit them out. The demon and leviathan tablet's trials are known. Those are trials. The only completed one was the leviathan trial. The angel trial is still unknown at this point in time. It is quite possible that performing the correct angel trial will suck everybody back into heaven, spell or not. I think that trial involves Lucifer, and perhaps Michael, or both. Lucifer had the angel tablet locked away. He's going to come back at some point in the series, so this is a reasonable and cool way for him to do so. However, then you have to ret-con "The End" and "Swan Song" a bit I would think. The writers could go a million places with this. This would also put Cas in the position of deciding if he was going to remain angel or human....if he stays human, he would not get returned to Heaven. His grace is still the key.

Spoilers were that we would see some angels again...I'm betting Gabriel is one of them. However they work that if fine with me as I love the character. Gabriel will probably know how to reverse the spell. I believe that Crowley is not lying about what he read in the notes. He said it himself, he keeps his bargains.

I always felt there should be only three tablets. Leviathan, angel and demon. For one, they're the main "hosts" for each area(Purgatory, Heaven and Hell) and two, they're the most powerful beings until you get to the area of Horsemen or God himself.

There is perhaps a God tablet.....God created all in Heaven, Earth, and the angels, and then he created the "hairless apes." I think they have stated on more than one occasion that it was after creating humans, God departed and hasn't been much involved since. It might be more of a Cosmos tablet, which would include Death. The horsemen have already been dispatched. Death said he was older than God and would reap him....I really doubt the series would go that far out, but even just a mention that a God tablet exists could be that "teaser" at the end of the series that there was still something out there requiring the Winchesters and Men of Letters....gah what do I know...LOL

Forum Whiz
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSheltie View Post
    There is perhaps a God tablet.....God created all in Heaven, Earth, and the angels, and then he created the "hairless apes." I think they have stated on more than one occasion that it was after creating humans, God departed and hasn't been much involved since. It might be more of a Cosmos tablet, which would include Death. The horsemen have already been dispatched. Death said he was older than God and would reap him....I really doubt the series would go that far out, but even just a mention that a God tablet exists could be that "teaser" at the end of the series that there was still something out there requiring the Winchesters and Men of Letters....gah what do I know...LOL

I have also been thinking a lot lately that the days of God's self imposed exile are most likely numbered. I think he might be behind whatever may happen to Metatron at the end of this season. For some reason I just don't see him sitting on the sidelines for too much longer. He's stepped in before and saved cas a million times so it just doesn't compute that he wouldn't step in here. Something is going to have to give. I just don't see the writers keeping the angels on earth until "The End" whatever it may be. And I also see a half-life on Cas being graceless. I know that doesn't jive with our preferred ending but more than a season with angels on the ground is going to get old IMO.

I think having this series go back to "The End" is kind of wishful thinking at this point. They have taken too many tangents for it to make sense. That said, if indeed we are in the beginning of a three-year arc, then they have quite a bit of time to go out and then come back in at some point. I'm confident in a Season 10, but 11?, Jensen didn't look too enthused at ComicCon this year when that was mentioned. And then there is this big unknown regarding the spin-off. I think with the mid-season cliffhanger coming up, we might glean a bit more in what direction we are being taken; and, yes, it will get kind of old with the angels-on-earth story. There always has to be a big bad. With the angels back in Heaven, do we revert to the demons again? or is there something else.

I believe Cas will be given the choice of whether to remain human or return to Heaven "new and improved." That decision will be solely determined on how it affects Dean, i.e. he must do the angel trials (now being human) in order to send everybody packing, and in turn, becomes trapped in Heaven himself, else the Winchesters will die. And then would Dean try to find a way to save his friend? Perhaps God?

So I do believe there is a God tablet.

Man, how effed up would it be that Metatron created a God tablet while on Earth and that's why God never came back? Metatron could hold some secret on what could kill God(and what if the secret is Death's scythe since Death said he would reap God?).

So I think SuperSheltie is right about the purpose of the tablets. At one point Kevin said:
    - the tablets were an 'insurance policy' and 'in case of emergency'
    - he also read 'thus ends the tablets for the Defense of Mankind'. If that's their title I don't think the spell is part of it. I think it's in the footnotes.

Quote Originally Posted by SVFancross View Post
    'in case of emergency'
    Fun fact, "Reading is Fundamental" was going to be called "In Case of Emergency".

Sounding a lot like the storyline in Diablo 3 where Tyrael, former awesome Angel of Justice, becomes human and decides to stay human despite having the option of getting his powers back...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast