Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "Keep Your Enemies Closer?"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

This episode had to follow League of Assassins and it rose to the occasion with its high ratings. It focused on two characters of Diggle and Isabel Rochev, especially Diggle since he was kind of relegated to the background.

We're introduced to Amanda Waller, head of ARGUS and they know Oliver's secret identity and their partnership. This version of Amanda Waller is more like the New 52 version than the chubbier one. She served her purpose for this episode's storyline in having Diggle rescue Lyla in Russia and going after Deadshot.

How awesome was it to see Oliver and Roy team-up that would foreshadow their future partnership.

We're learning more about Isabel as she opens up a little bit beyond the cold business woman we've been seeing since she debuted. It also created a love triangle between Oliver, Felicity, and Isabel that could become frequent throughout the season.

We also have Jean Loring, also from the comics and wife of Atom Ray Palmer, who tells Thea to break up from Roy as it's hurting her mother's case and I'm glad the breakup was stopped by Moira as she meets Roy for the first time.

With Sarah leaving Starling City, we see her in the flashbacks and what she's doing on the ship with Ivo. It's good to see both Shado and Slade again and we may have an idea how Slade may become Deathstroke.

Lots of DCU easter eggs including HIVE and Miraclo in relation to Hourman Rex Tyler.

Overall a great episode.

Comment

So one person keeps giving all of Season 2 episode's a 1/10. Why continue to watch the show if you hate it so much?

Comment

And they've been saying Hourman won't be linked to either Arrow or The Flash which would be a shame!

Comment

I give this a 10/10, even though it wasn't as action packed as the others have been it made it up for it in a big way.... (more on that later).

Roy and Oliver working together, and Lance letting Roy go due to his new partnership was great. Also the fact that Moira didn't let Roy and Thea break up. We get to see Waller and ARGUS, Deadshot, KGBeast, Ivo, that deception by Sarah, and a mention of H.I.V.E! (Isn't brother blood a leader of H.I.V.E in the Teen Titans cartoon? I doubt he'd be a leader in this version but maybe. H.I.V.E may even end up being the main baddie of the season? (and in others I hope, so they can help introduce Slade in present day.) oh and yay Slade and Shado are shown again, but Slade still has both eyes... Also Isabel wasn't annoying in this episode (but poor Felicity...)

Anyways, the best part about this was... NO LAUREL!!!!!! (Hopefully she was killed offscreen while Ollie wasn't there to protect her.)

Comment

Originally posted by vantheman77
            This episode had to follow League of Assassins and it rose to the occasion with its high ratings. It focused on two characters of Diggle and Isabel Rochev, especially Diggle since he was kind of relegated to the background.

We're introduced to Amanda Waller, head of ARGUS and they know Oliver's secret identity and their partnership. This version of Amanda Waller is more like the New 52 version than the chubbier one. She served her purpose for this episode's storyline in having Diggle rescue Lyla in Russia and going after Deadshot.

How awesome was it to see Oliver and Roy team-up that would foreshadow their future partnership.

We're learning more about Isabel as she opens up a little bit beyond the cold business woman we've been seeing since she debuted. It also created a love triangle between Oliver, Felicity, and Isabel that could become frequent throughout the season.

We also have Jean Loring, also from the comics and wife of Atom Ray Palmer, who tells Thea to break up from Roy as it's hurting her mother's case and I'm glad the breakup was stopped by Moira as she meets Roy for the first time.

With Sarah leaving Starling City, we see her in the flashbacks and what she's doing on the ship with Ivo. It's good to see both Shado and Slade again and we may have an idea how Slade may become Deathstroke.

Lots of DCU easter eggs including HIVE and Miraclo in relation to Hourman Rex Tyler.

Overall a great episode.
            Actually they didn't say Miraclo; They said mirakuru or mirikuru and then Sara said "Miracle" but Kiseke is the closest word to miracle in the Japanese language that I could find.

Comment

Another great episode. It was nice to have a Diggle centric episode and the Oliver/Isabel scenes were great as well. It amused me that Moira though Roy was good enough for Thea, I can't think of any 2 people less likely to get on.

The only thing I didn't like was the introduction of Amanda Waller. I don't know much about the character from the comics but I found the Amanda Waller on Smallville much more impressive than this one.

Comment

A lot of twists in the story at this episode, Ollie and Isabel sleeping together, Diggle being married to Lyla and information about H.I.V.E.
                So this means a lot of possibilities for the show to explore!

The island flashbacks were a bit mweh.. They have been better and there has to be more action in that storyline!

Comment

So ARGUS knows about Oliver...wonder what this means for our hero?

Didn't like Felicity's reaction to Oliver and Isabel hooking up. *shrug*

[edit] Glad to see Shado & SW alive.

Comment

I wonder how Amanda Waller and ARGUS know about Oliver's secret identity and his partnership with Diggle. Could it be that there's a traitor in the ranks of Team Arrow?

Comment

I wonder how Amanda Waller and ARGUS know about Oliver's secret identity and his partnership with Diggle. Could it be that there's a traitor in the ranks of Team Arrow?
                      I don't think so. ARGUS are a national security based organization. They make it their mission to keep tabs on stuff like this because as far as they're concerned someone like The Hood at this moment in time is a terrorist.

Comment

Im thinking slade may have told them about Oliver and they just kind of linked diggle to him and figured out the rest. I'm still awaiting slade to show up in present time

Comment

Its 6 from 6 for me i really like that Arrow is taking risks this year by giving eps to characters other than Oliver,not that their is anything wrong with that but it keeps the show fresh and the characters even more intteresting in my book

Comment

Just watched the episode a second time and it moved from a 9 to a 10 for me. It was even better the second time.

I liked that Oliver had Diggle's back this episode and how it strengthened the Oliver/Diggle friendship. Sometimes it good to step away from drama and look at two people become better friends with each other.

This episode provided MUCH needed development for Isabel. I like her and Ollie's drunken heart to heart even if it did lead to meaningless sex. I feel sorry for Felicity though. It's not even about a love triangle there, just that it must suck to see someone you care about do something like that.

I loved...
                            Oliver: I thought what happens in Russia stays in Russia.
                            Felicity: We are STILL in Russia!

Lyla is hot. Even when she's been in prison and probably hasn't bathed in ages, she's still hot.

I didn't care too much for Amanda Waller either time because it felt like her "personality" was "put on" to fit in with the character in the comics and other media. I'm going to need to see some more character development form her before I buy into her character. That said, I'm intrigued with everything about A.R.G.U.S. and want to know more.

Loved Deadshot and the fact that Diggle spared his life in the end. And now Diggle know's something about his brother's death. I intrigued about H.I.V.E. as well and want to know more.

The flashback stuff was great, but I like to know more about Sarah and her past year with Dr. Ivo. To use the word again, I'm intrigued. I'm also excited to see Slade and Shado again and Oliver going back to the island!

Loved Moira for telling Thea that she forbade her to NOT see Roy! A good character moment for Moira and I don't think it's so surprising either considering that this is the woman who confessed to conspiring to destroy the Glades. She's nothing what you would expect and not the typical rich mother.

Everything was good but just didn't like how Waller was portrayed. At least not yet.

Comment

I am usually working during the live airing of this show, but I'm caught up and just finished this episode the other night, fantastic from beginning to end. The only reason I gave it a 9 was for Ollie sleeping with Isabel

I feel like this season the show has really come into its own. I liked that the episode was centered more on Diggle, it gave us some more insight into his past. I'm happy he did not shoot Deadshot, reminiscent of Ollie's not killing anyone anymore, but I feel that choice will come back to haunt him later. It was good to see Ollie gave in and let Diggle go in and didn't try to overstep, letting him complete the mission and staying in the back-up position.

LOVE Felicity, touching scene at the end with her and Ollie at the end, I see that's going to get interesting at some point!

Comment

The title of the show could also refer to oliver keeping his emeny close - isabel rochev. as a few people have commented, isabel's name was on his father's list

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎