View Poll Results: Loved it? Hated it? What did you think, padawans?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10 - The Force is strong with this one.

8 36.36%

4 18.18%

4 18.18%

3 13.64%

1 4.55%

1 4.55%

0 0%

1 4.55%

0 0%
  • 1 - Not even cool new light sabers could help this!

0 0%
Page 5 of 49 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Incurable Postaholic DA_Champion's Avatar
    Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
    Quote Originally Posted by Backward Galaxy View Post
    Yes, but people in leadership roles often pass the torch to their offspring.
    Yeah, like the US presidents?

Most are not the childrem of other presidents.

Quote Originally Posted by maasaloo View Post
    Oh man are you in for a surprise when you look at the expanded Star Wars universe just how many Skywalker bloodlines there are.
    I read a lot of EU when I was 10-13, and at the time I did not see it as a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by costas22 View Post
    Maybe their logic was that Anakin didn't go back to being a Jedi in the end. He just became a former Sith. Keep in mind that's just my good willed attempt to make sense of it. The most likely scenario is that Lucas was just in the mood to mess around with his original work and make more use of Hayden.

Well to be fair, they mixed it up a bit on Revenge of the Sith and Obi Wan severed two legs as well as one of Anakin's hands.

That's a good analogy. Didn't hit a home run with any of them.

Whenever a friend of mine wants to get started on Star Wars, I always tell them to see the original trilogy first. For the reason you mentioned. The scene were Vader reveals himself to Luke is really one of the most shocking scenes I've seen. It's a shame for anyone to walk into that movie knowing what's the story because it does a brilliant job of building up towards that moment. Also, if someone starts watching Star Wars from the Phantom Menace, they might never watch the next 5.

Maybe when 7 comes out and we learn Vadar had his own apprentice and they will add another ending with like Darth Vadar, Darth Mual, and Darth Sidius as ghosts and talking to the new Sith lord.

Ya Anakin had like no limbs left. In reality how did he survive? even with the vadar suit haha. but ya i guess there was more then just a loss of hands haha.

thanks

I know i dont know as much as everyone else about star wars or even close to being a trivia expert but i agree the originals need to be seen first. Phantom Menace was soooo annoying. They should have gotten rid of Jar Jar. I never seen it till a couple days ago and im like oh now i get that whole south park episode with the annoying duck people. i saw attack of the clones in theaters and i didnt like it much then but liked it a little better the second time around. maybe cause in theaters i had no idea what was going on since i didnt see the first. Sith was my favorite of the 3 but probably cause it was darker and had darth vadar in it. personally tho Darth is the one in the mask so calling Anikan Darth kind of bugged me. Im like thats not Darth until he gets the costume. lol

Quote Originally Posted by DA_Champion View Post
    Yeah, like the US presidents?

Most are not the childrem of other presidents.
    Why do you assume the Star Wars universe is like that? PRINCESS Leia is royalty. That model seems more fitting.

Honestly, given how large the galaxy is, there should be prominent people not related to Skywalker.

How many olympic athletes are the children of other olympic athletes? A small fraction.
    But the movie series is the story of the Skywalkers so not really a need for sequals to be based on anyone else. However isnt there talk of a spin off with Boba Fett?

Well with bloodlines isnt being a jedi in the blood? And if Anikan was like considered a major jedi it would make sense his children and there children could have a stronger connection. but ya like i siad its kind of a story about the skywalkers so removing them as a focal point would be pointless. they could be on the council of Jedis and have other non related jedis fight without focusing on their kids being the heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by Backward Galaxy View Post
    Why do you assume the Star Wars universe is like that? PRINCESS Leia is royalty. That model seems more fitting.
    Leia is the princess of Alderaan, formerly one of many planets, and now gone.
    Even if thsy have very little meritocracy ... a galaxy is a big place... even if we assume it is a dwarf galaxy.

Quote Originally Posted by costas22 View Post
    The most likely scenario is that Lucas was just in the mood to mess around with his original work and make more use of Hayden.
    Basically.

Quote Originally Posted by superhippie2000 View Post
    Well with bloodlines isnt being a jedi in the blood? And if Anikan was like considered a major jedi it would make sense his children and there children could have a stronger connection. but ya like i siad its kind of a story about the skywalkers so removing them as a focal point would be pointless. they could be on the council of Jedis and have other non related jedis fight without focusing on their kids being the heroes.
    The prequels suggest that being a Jedi is not associated with blood, or at least it doesn't have to be. Once their Force sensitivity is discovered during their toddler years, they get dumped at the Temple, where they live and serve for the rest of their lives. The Jedi are shown to be essentially like monks and are forbidden to love and have attachments. Thus, it seems midi-chlorian counts are simply higher in some and lower in others, whichever way the wind blows.

Quote Originally Posted by nate-dog1701d View Post
    Basically.

The prequels suggest that being a Jedi is not associated with blood, or at least it doesn't have to be. Once their Force sensitivity is discovered during their toddler years, they get dumped at the Temple, where they live and serve for the rest of their lives. The Jedi are shown to be essentially like monks and are forbidden to love and have attachments. Thus, it seems midi-chlorian counts are simply higher in some and lower in others, whichever way the wind blows.
    i guess thats true and more of a roll of the dice. maybe when they explain what the force is they can explain how it works haha

Leia is the princess of Alderaan, formerly one of many planets, and now gone.
    Even if thsy have very little meritocracy ... a galaxy is a big place... even if we assume it is a dwarf galaxy.
    Yes, we all know that. The point is that there is plenty of precedence in the Star Wars movie universe to suggest that the Skywalker children would have places of prominence in it based solely on their heritage. We've seen Queens and Princesses, suggesting that the characters would probably lean towards legacy-minded nepotism, and Darth Vader's kids can use the Force.
    Last edited by Backward Galaxy; 01-14-2014 at 08:22 PM.

I just finished all the movies. The ghost ending was probably the thing that bugged me the most. Anyway my mom said she liked it until i pointed out why everyone hated it.

Anyway just a thought about 7. In the last movie the sith was destroyed and Liea and Luke are basically the last Jedis right? Could 7 be more about the Jedi council rebuilding? It might not have a lot of action but could it be them recruiting and training and looking for those who have jedi power? Would there even be adult Jedis left anywhere? I could see maybe where Luke and Leia run the Council and have like Han and Chewy as Masters. Even tho they arent Jedis they could still train to a point. Would be like X Men with the school. Also they could have other species as Jedis. I mean the prequals had yoda and some other dude but other then them everyone else seemed human. perhaps an Ewok jedi?

There would need to be a villian tho but who? Should they make Luke have split personalities and have him be partially on the darkside without knowing? or maybe Leia? They are twins so would make sense for the balance of light and dark for one of them to be the villian.

Banned
    Luke and Leia's kids go into Jedi school. Though I'm not sure where Episode 7 will pick up from.

There's so much from the expanded universe they could take. The Sith weren't destroyed at the end of ROTJ like people think. They broke up into different factions.

Luke and Leia's kids go into Jedi school. Though I'm not sure where Episode 7 will pick up from.

There's so much from the expanded universe they could take. The Sith weren't destroyed at the end of ROTJ like people think. They broke up into different factions.
    Well its been over 30 years since the last movie happens so unless they make the kids 30 they wil probably have to recast the Luke Liea and Solo roles. Unless they do a younger cgi facial thing like they did with Tron Legacy and by the time its made it might be a flawless trasition.

I guess thats true I guess i ment to say the Sith Lords who have power. Unless we learn that Darth had his own apprentice we never knew about.

Banned
    Funny you should mention Darth Vader having an apprentice we don't know about. It was reported last summer that his apprentice would be one of the antagonists of Episode 7. Which hasn't been confirmed or denied.

Funny you should mention Darth Vader having an apprentice we don't know about. It was reported last summer that his apprentice would be one of the antagonists of Episode 7. Which hasn't been confirmed or denied.
    Just for the record, that's something I would have to "roll with", because on its face I kind of hate it... unless he "abandoned" his apprentice once he found out about Luke. It doesn't make sense to me that Vader would have an apprentice while knowing Luke is alive.

Page 5 of 49 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast