View Poll Results: Loved it? Hated it? What did you think, padawans?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10 - The Force is strong with this one.

8 36.36%

4 18.18%

4 18.18%

3 13.64%

1 4.55%

1 4.55%

0 0%

1 4.55%

0 0%
  • 1 - Not even cool new light sabers could help this!

0 0%
Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 394546474849
    Forum Whiz
    Quote Originally Posted by nate-dog1701d View Post
    Luke had no training. He had the equivalent of a five-minute devotional in the middle of an Upward Basketball game. Also, not to repeat everything BG said, but the only things? Blowing up the Death Star with a one-in-a-million shot is a pretty big deal. Rey didn't even do that.

I didn't mention Anakin, but since you did, we're told that Anakin has high Force aptitude. This explains why he can do things the average person can't. We're also told Rey is strong with the Force. Kylo says it outright. We're also shown this explicitly. This explains all we need to know for now about why she can do things the average person can't. She doesn't have to be a Skywalker to be strong with the Force.
    Why does Rey have to be a Skywalker to be strong with the Force? I guess we will have to wait for the next movie to see if the question of her family history is answered.

Forum Whiz
    Quote Originally Posted by Backward Galaxy View Post
    Rey is quite obviously very powerful in the Force. We're explicitly told this by Kylo Ren. She's also most likely a Skywalker, probably Luke's own kid. And that's basically been my point from the beginning... that she's a carbon copy of Luke and Anakin but getting more crap for it because she's a woman.

I also disagree with your interpretation of Anakin's success in the starfighter as being "accidental". That doesn't jive with the fact that he almost single-handedly won the space battle. I believe we are meant to interpret him as being naive, but that he's unconsciously so in tune with the Force that he instinctually knows what to do just when he needs to do it, even if he's not quite sure how.
    Which is probably why Rey is able to pilot the Falcon so well. I personally like that the person strong with the force it TFA is a female. Also did anyone notice that Han offers Rey a job on the Falcon just like He offered Luke a job on the Falcon in ANH. Han to Luke, come with me, I could use you on the Falcon, your good in a fight or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by supercatmom View Post
    Why does Rey have to be a Skywalker to be strong with the Force? I guess we will have to wait for the next movie to see if the question of her family history is answered.
    I didn't say she does.

Quote Originally Posted by supercatmom View Post
    She doesn't have to be, but I'm going to assume she is one based on Maz Kanata's line about the lightsaber calling to Rey. Until she's not, I think I'm going to assume she is.

Also did anyone notice that Han offers Rey a job on the Falcon just like He offered Luke a job on the Falcon in ANH. Han to Luke, come with me, I could use you on the Falcon, your good in a fight or something like that.
    I didn't notice that. Interesting...

Incurable Postaholic DA_Champion's Avatar
    Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
    I finally read Film Critic Hulk's piece on star wars the force awakens.

http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2016/06/...rce-alluded-to

It's excellent, makes a lot of great points. A lot of the points will be familiar to posters here, but Hulk frequently went to greater detail.

Next up: I'm going to read the most upvoted comments.

ETA: I liked this comment:
    Quote Originally Posted by fishnets
    Biggest problem with that ending is most people are (wrongly) assuming she is his daughter and have built obsession with it. 95% of Rey discussion is who they think is her daddy. That's pretty bad thing that no one has anything to say about her but more about whoever they think spawned her.
    Last edited by DA_Champion; 07-11-2016 at 07:32 AM.

There are some valid points in there, but I couldn't finish the entire piece. Whoever HULK is in real life, he needs an editor, because he uses about a million words more than are necessary to say simple things. In a review of Star Wars: The Force Awakens, he uses 2,777 words, or 15,893 characters, BEFORE he writes this line:

ARE WE READY TO TALK ABOUT THIS MOVIE NOW?
    It's like we're back in time and he's getting paid by the word.

Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 394546474849