View Poll Results: Loved it? Hated it? What did you think, padawans?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10 - The Force is strong with this one.

8 36.36%

4 18.18%

4 18.18%

3 13.64%

1 4.55%

1 4.55%

0 0%

1 4.55%

0 0%
  • 1 - Not even cool new light sabers could help this!

0 0%
Page 4 of 49 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by costas22 View Post
    They've definitely added a lot of CGI. Which I am fine with since it's a sci-fi movie (if they did it with Indiana Jones, I'd be upset though ).

Hayden was indeed added to the ghosts scene a bit earlier than that. When all 6 movies were released on DVD I believe. If you don't mind being spoiled, I'll post a link with the change in question. Some might be fine with it, but I found it annoying.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27RVJJfny4I
    Im fine with the added CGI too. I agree with indiana Jones since that wasnt really a special effect type movie other then Raiders at the end.

I think they wanted it to be a continuation of the prequals so it all makes sense when watched together which im fine with but would be nice if they also added the unedited version as an option. They added the Noooooo? i probably wouldnt have caught that since i was probably 5 when i saw it hahah. im looking at some of those other changed scene things with the side by sides. i dont get why hayden replaced the older version since he was old when he died. that would have been like adding Ewan Mcgreger as Obi Wan instead of the other guy.

the jaba thing it seems it was never in the movie to begin with and was added for the new version. the side by side has just some dude talking to Han. anyway some of the stuff on the 2013 release seems to be the re release of 2011 of whatever so it seems like it was better then the 2000 rereleases. i found it funny talking about in one video how adding a rock for r2d2 in a cave was important.

and speaking of CGI changes maybe they will use CGI Carrie Fisher and Mark Hamil and Harrison Ford in the 7th

^^You have to believe that would be George Lucas' intention.

Quote Originally Posted by superhippie2000 View Post
    I think they wanted it to be a continuation of the prequals so it all makes sense when watched together which im fine with but would be nice if they also added the unedited version as an option. They added the Noooooo? i probably wouldnt have caught that since i was probably 5 when i saw it hahah. im looking at some of those other changed scene things with the side by sides. i dont get why hayden replaced the older version since he was old when he died. that would have been like adding Ewan Mcgreger as Obi Wan instead of the other guy.

the jaba thing it seems it was never in the movie to begin with and was added for the new version. the side by side has just some dude talking to Han. anyway some of the stuff on the 2013 release seems to be the re release of 2011 of whatever so it seems like it was better then the 2000 rereleases. i found it funny talking about in one video how adding a rock for r2d2 in a cave was important.
    Yep, the "Noooo" was my issue. It just ruins some of the suspense that made that scene so brilliant. Vader's head movement was enough to show us his conflict for crying out loud. Trying to figure out the reason behind using Hayden's likeness. Maybe Lucas went for something metaphorical. That Anakin ceased existing once he became Vader. Realistically, he should still have aged, but I am guessing they wanted to show that once a Jedi goes into the afterlife, he takes the form he last had as a Jedi..

The scene between Jabba and Han was a surprising addition. I never knew Lucas shot such a scene. I am a bit sceptical about how Jabba is actually able to move around on his tail, but whatevs.

Trying to figure out the reason behind using Hayden's likeness. Maybe Lucas went for something metaphorical. That Anakin ceased existing once he became Vader. Realistically, he should still have aged, but I am guessing they wanted to show that once a Jedi goes into the afterlife, he takes the form he last had as a Jedi..
    But he became Anakin again when he killed the Emperor and saved Luke. That's why that explanation doesn't work for me. Let's just forget how he was able to appear as a ghost at all in light of prequel continuity.

I agree about the "Noooo."

I don't want cardiac Star Wars. That doesn't appeal to me. I also need a reason to care about Star Wars again, as horribly painful as that is to even say. That said, I'm more forgiving of JJ's flaws than a lot of people I know. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

^^You have to believe that would be George Lucas' intention.

Yep, the "Noooo" was my issue. It just ruins some of the suspense that made that scene so brilliant. Vader's head movement was enough to show us his conflict for crying out loud. Trying to figure out the reason behind using Hayden's likeness. Maybe Lucas went for something metaphorical. That Anakin ceased existing once he became Vader. Realistically, he should still have aged, but I am guessing they wanted to show that once a Jedi goes into the afterlife, he takes the form he last had as a Jedi..

The scene between Jabba and Han was a surprising addition. I never knew Lucas shot such a scene. I am a bit sceptical about how Jabba is actually able to move around on his tail, but whatevs.
    what i saw it seemed kind of cheesey but also thought it was cheesey when it did it in Sith when Padmea died. Darth is ment to be badass and Noooooo just sounds cheesey coming from him. also they over doo the Nooooos just like how they seem the need to keep cutting peoples hands off. why the hand? why not a leg or something. lol. theres more lost limbs in Star Wars then in the SAW movies

I guess it could be his last form as a Jedi but he was still a bad guy. Im guessing saving Luke was redpemtion or something? It does make sense for people who were born in the 90s i guess lol.

Ya the side by sides on youtube showed some random dude and not a creature or anything so maybe thats why it was cut cause they wanted something for jabba that wasnt human and figured they would reveal him later on as a way to be like Hey look see this movie causewe have this big worm guy. lol. but jaba is bigger in the orginals then the prequals and that scene so what happened did he eat a cow and gain 500 more pounds between movies? lol. i guess like a slug or snake hes all muscle and can move around with just a tail but ya i agree seems weird. I think the scene was probably a good add on to the movies. i get maybe it was ment to be a surprise when released but now im not sure it really matters especially since the prequals always intorduced him.

and with leia and luke being twins im wondering if it is creepier that they kissed and luke thought she was cute knowing they were related from the prequals or finding out later in the series. lol. i do think Darth being thier father was ruined by the prequals tho cause that seems like one of those huge moments in movie history that shocked everyone. now the surprise is ruined if you never seen them and started with the prequals.

anyway seems like to me atleast some of the improvements were good but not really needed while others were needed and werent good.

I hope with the 7th movie they kind of use real robots or make the cgi look real. i think the cgi robots in atleast the first 2 movies looked cheesey. the 3rd looked a little cheesey but better. one good thing about the older movies is that things looked real cause they were.

Quote Originally Posted by nate-dog1701d View Post
    But he became Anakin again when he killed the Emperor and saved Luke. That's why that explanation doesn't work for me. Let's just forget how he was able to appear as a ghost at all in light of prequel continuity.

ya i wouldnt think he should have been a ghost at all. sure he saved his son and even in the prequal he did care about his family but he was still evil and still would have done what he did. if anything they should have used Liam Neesons ghost. may have made more sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Backward Galaxy View Post
    I don't want cardiac Star Wars. That doesn't appeal to me. I also need a reason to care about Star Wars again, as horribly painful as that is to even say. That said, I'm more forgiving of JJ's flaws than a lot of people I know. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.
    I like his Star Trek movies. Im not too picky about stuff unless it throws off the whole groove where it doesnt make sense. I just hope he doesnt confuse the Jedi Mind Trick with the Vulcan Death Grip. lol. You Must Live Long With The Force Young Vulcan. or Set Sabers To Light or Beam Me Up Chewy

I like his Star Trek movies. Im not too picky about stuff unless it throws off the whole groove where it doesnt make sense. I just hope he doesnt confuse the Jedi Mind Trick with the Vulcan Death Grip. lol. You Must Live Long With The Force Young Vulcan. or Set Sabers To Light or Beam Me Up Chewy
    Haha, point taken.

Quote Originally Posted by nate-dog1701d View Post

Maybe their logic was that Anakin didn't go back to being a Jedi in the end. He just became a former Sith. Keep in mind that's just my good willed attempt to make sense of it. The most likely scenario is that Lucas was just in the mood to mess around with his original work and make more use of Hayden.

what i saw it seemed kind of cheesey but also thought it was cheesey when it did it in Sith when Padmea died. Darth is ment to be badass and Noooooo just sounds cheesey coming from him. also they over doo the Nooooos just like how they seem the need to keep cutting peoples hands off. why the hand? why not a leg or something. lol. theres more lost limbs in Star Wars then in the SAW movies
    Well to be fair, they mixed it up a bit on Revenge of the Sith and Obi Wan severed two legs as well as one of Anakin's hands.

and with leia and luke being twins im wondering if it is creepier that they kissed and luke thought she was cute knowing they were related from the prequals or finding out later in the series. lol. i do think Darth being thier father was ruined by the prequals tho cause that seems like one of those huge moments in movie history that shocked everyone. now the surprise is ruined if you never seen them and started with the prequals.

anyway seems like to me atleast some of the improvements were good but not really needed while others were needed and werent good.
    That's a good analogy. Didn't hit a home run with any of them.

Whenever a friend of mine wants to get started on Star Wars, I always tell them to see the original trilogy first. For the reason you mentioned. The scene were Vader reveals himself to Luke is really one of the most shocking scenes I've seen. It's a shame for anyone to walk into that movie knowing what's the story because it does a brilliant job of building up towards that moment. Also, if someone starts watching Star Wars from the Phantom Menace, they might never watch the next 5.

Quote Originally Posted by DA_Champion View Post
    http://io9.com/michael-arndts-scrapped-star-wars-story-was-about-luke-1499732754
    CHARLIE JANE ANDERS on IO9
    STAR WARS
    Michael Arndt's scrapped Star Wars story was about Luke and Han's kids

and

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/star-wars-rumors-who-is-669997
    'Star Wars' Rumors: Who Is J.J. Abrams Eyeing for 'Episode VII'?
    6:14 PM PST 1/11/2014 by Borys Kit

I'm more and more convinced that these movies are going to be pretty bad. I was very suspicious when they replaced Arndt and brought in Kasdan to rush the script, and this looks pretty bad. It might be like Indiana Jones 4 but with more special effects.

Things that don't make sense:

1) Firing Arndt.

2) Making Star Wars movie about old people. It doesn't work. Not just because action requires a great body or whatever. Star Wars is supposed to be about exploring new places and going on a great adventure. The first movie has that inredibly iconic scene where Luke stares at a sunset involving two suns, and following this he goes on an adventure, we see him in a space port, a spaceship, a space station, a jungle planet that is a moon, and in combat. Tonally this doesn't work for a 65 year old actor.

I don't know if imagery of futuristic hospital will give audiences the same sense of awe as seeing a talking robot with personality for the first time.

3) Completely changing the story but using the old script as a template to lift ideas from. I suppose this could work but it's probably a recipe for failure. You're taking stuff out without including the context that makes that stuff work.
    Sounds like Abrams is going to kill Star Wars in the same fashion he did with Star Trek into Crap, er, Darkness.
    Taking a popular movie in the original franchise and remaking it horribly instead of being creative. I'd rather
    see Han and Leia's kids as the main characters and the older cast as supporting roles. I was disappointed
    when I heard that Sith would appear as spirits in Episode VII. This is very disappointing news. The CGI stuff
    worked fine with Tron 2 when they made Dennis Quaid look younger. I just don't see them doing it with three
    main characters and it working out?

Quote Originally Posted by Glove View Post
    Sounds like Abrams is going to kill Star Wars in the same fashion he did with Star Trek into Crap, er, Darkness.
    That movie made a profit.

The CGI stuff
    worked fine with Tron 2 when they made Dennis Quaid look younger. I just don't see them doing it with three
    main characters and it working out?
    That was Jeff Bridges, not Dennis Quaid.

Incurable Postaholic DA_Champion's Avatar
    Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
    Honestly, given how large the galaxy is, there should be prominent people not related to Skywalker.

How many olympic athletes are the children of other olympic athletes? A small fraction.

Honestly, given how large the galaxy is, there should be prominent people not related to Skywalker.

How many olympic athletes are the children of other olympic athletes? A small fraction.
    Yes, but people in leadership roles often pass the torch to their offspring.

Banned

Oh man are you in for a surprise when you look at the expanded Star Wars universe just how many Skywalker bloodlines there are.

Page 4 of 49 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast