View Poll Results: Loved it? Hated it? What did you think, padawans?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10 - The Force is strong with this one.

8 36.36%

4 18.18%

4 18.18%

3 13.64%

1 4.55%

1 4.55%

0 0%

1 4.55%

0 0%
  • 1 - Not even cool new light sabers could help this!

0 0%
Page 3 of 49 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Banned
    Matt Smith is up for a role in Episode VII apparently. unconfirmed rumours say he may be up for the lead bad guy.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/11/...medium=twitter

I remember reading as a kid (maybe others might remember this as well) in a magazine that Lucas had planned on having R2 and C3PO in all the movies. I don't remember what magazine it was, it was a long time ago. The reason behind having the droids in every movie was because everything we are seeing is being told through their memory banks, especially R2's since his memory obviously hasn't been completely wiped like C3PO's. Supposedly the 9th film would end with certain individuals who have the droids in their possession and have watched everything through their point of view. Don't know if it's being projected as a hologram or watched on a screen. But that was something I read back when.

I wouldn't doubt that Lucas may have said that, but it makes no sense.

String Bikini Theory BoyScout-ManOfTomorrow's Avatar
    Uncanny X-Valley, Avengers World, Year 2099
    Quote Originally Posted by hellnback View Post
    I remember reading as a kid (maybe others might remember this as well) in a magazine that Lucas had planned on having R2 and C3PO in all the movies. I don't remember what magazine it was, it was a long time ago. The reason behind having the droids in every movie was because everything we are seeing is being told through their memory banks, especially R2's since his memory obviously hasn't been completely wiped like C3PO's. Supposedly the 9th film would end with certain individuals who have the droids in their possession and have watched everything through their point of view. Don't know if it's being projected as a hologram or watched on a screen. But that was something I read back when.
    This reminded me of the show Droids from the 80's.

Banned
    The names of Emmanuelle Chriqui, Alexis Dziena and Taissa Farmiga all linked with roles.

Emmanuelle Chriqui (HBO's Entourage) Alexis Dziena (Fool's Gold) and Taissa Farmiga.

http://i.imgur.com/tJgKSXY.jpg

Emmanuelle Chriqui (left), Alexis Dziena (center) & Taissa Farmiga (right)

http://www.jedinews.co.uk/news/news.aspx?newsID=14473

Incurable Postaholic DA_Champion's Avatar
    Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
    http://io9.com/michael-arndts-scrapped-star-wars-story-was-about-luke-1499732754
    CHARLIE JANE ANDERS on IO9
    STAR WARS
    Michael Arndt's scrapped Star Wars story was about Luke and Han's kids

and

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/star-wars-rumors-who-is-669997
    'Star Wars' Rumors: Who Is J.J. Abrams Eyeing for 'Episode VII'?
    6:14 PM PST 1/11/2014 by Borys Kit

Arndt is said to have focused on the offspring of Luke Skywalker (Mark Hamill), Han Solo (Harrison Ford) and Princess Leia (Carrie Fisher), with the original trilogy heroes taking on supporting roles. Abrams, however, wanted Episode VII to focus on the classic trio of characters, so audiences could have one more chance to enjoy them before a fitting send-off. The new characters, the offspring, will now be in supporting roles, according to these sources, and take center stage in Episode VIII and IX. Some characters have disappeared from the Arndt script and new ones are being drafted.

I'm more and more convinced that these movies are going to be pretty bad. I was very suspicious when they replaced Arndt and brought in Kasdan to rush the script, and this looks pretty bad. It might be like Indiana Jones 4 but with more special effects.

Things that don't make sense:

1) Firing Arndt.

2) Making Star Wars movie about old people. It doesn't work. Not just because action requires a great body or whatever. Star Wars is supposed to be about exploring new places and going on a great adventure. The first movie has that inredibly iconic scene where Luke stares at a sunset involving two suns, and following this he goes on an adventure, we see him in a space port, a spaceship, a space station, a jungle planet that is a moon, and in combat. Tonally this doesn't work for a 65 year old actor.

I don't know if imagery of futuristic hospital will give audiences the same sense of awe as seeing a talking robot with personality for the first time.

3) Completely changing the story but using the old script as a template to lift ideas from. I suppose this could work but it's probably a recipe for failure. You're taking stuff out without including the context that makes that stuff work.

about the age thing they had old people in the newer versions who played pretty important roles but yes they werent the main focus. but would they recast luke solo and leia to make them younger to have teen kids?

anyway isnt that why lucas didnt want to make the last 3 cause they werent going to be as good as the other ones story wise? and after all it took him 30 years to make the prequals. if anything the 4 5 and 6 movies or the original trilogy are the only ones people are going to consider star wars in the end.

i recently got the neweset blu ray releases and am watching them the past couple and the next couple days. the prequal stuff i just watched and never saw the first or 3rd before. saw the second in theaters. i think the 3rd was best of them all. maybe cause we got darth vadar lol. its been like over 20 years since ive watched the originals and will watch those this week. of course i believe they are the remastered extra scene and added cgi stuff. dont know what the differences are for the most part but i might not be as creditical as others are considering i havent seen it since the 80s. ill probably see 7 8 and 9 when they come out at some point but hopefully its not lame and aimed at 12 year olds. I liked JJ's Star Trek movies so if anything like that id be cool.

Incurable Postaholic DA_Champion's Avatar
    Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
    I always assumed that the reason Lucas didn't make the last three movies is that he simply never got around to it due to the huge effort involved.

Quote Originally Posted by DA_Champion View Post
    I always assumed that the reason Lucas didn't make the last three movies is that he simply never got around to it due to the huge effort involved.
    perhaps. or hes like nah im too rich i dont need anymore money. i just semi remembering when the prequals were made there was something about him thinking those were worth making but these werent. I just wonder if it will wind up being too Disney.

Read the news about the rewrites. I think it's rarely a good sign when that happens. They were so impatient to release a new movie that they didn't really decide who the focus should be on? To be honest, and as much as I like Hamill, Ford and Fisher, I wish they went with Arndt's script. I am not sure how you can build a good believable story around Luke, Han and Leia 30+ years after the events of ROTJ.

Quote Originally Posted by superhippie2000 View Post
    its been like over 20 years since ive watched the originals and will watch those this week. of course i believe they are the remastered extra scene and added cgi stuff. dont know what the differences are for the most part but i might not be as creditical as others are considering i havent seen it since the 80s.
    There's probably one addition in the BluRay version of the originals that will pop out, no matter how long it's been since you watched them. It's towards the end of Episode 6 and it's meddling Lucas at his finest.
    Last edited by costas22; 01-13-2014 at 02:56 AM.

String Bikini Theory BoyScout-ManOfTomorrow's Avatar
    Uncanny X-Valley, Avengers World, Year 2099
    I know Disney isn't interested in the Expanded Universe and the cast is too old but I'd give almost anything for a good adaptation of Timothy Zahn's Thrawn Trilogy. Grand Admiral Thrawn would be a brilliant bad guy worthy to follow Vader and the Emperor. Mara Jade and her antagonistic relationship with Luke Skywalker would also be worth seeing.

I'll give the new Star Wars movies a shot but honestly there's no way they can beat Thrawn. Heck, even Kyle Katarn and a Jedi Knight trilogy would be awesome:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oR3mTfnCh8Q

Dat hammy acting...

Quote Originally Posted by costas22 View Post
    Read the news about the rewrites. I think it's rarely a good sign when that happens. They were so impatient to release a new movie that they didn't really decide who the focus should be on? To be honest, and as much as I like Hamill, Ford and Fisher, I wish they went with Arndt's script. I am not sure how you can build a good believable story around Luke, Han and Leia 30+ years after the events of ROTJ.

There's probably one addition in the BluRay version of the originals that will pop out, no matter how long it's been since you watched them. It's towards the end of Episode 6 and it's meddling Lucas at his finest.
    Ya they should probably be like how Obi Wan was in the originals and have them either die early on or just be a presence or something. I mean there are old people in the movies but when someones story is done its done. Unless like Leia turns into the new Sith Lord or something lol. And im just going with her because they need a female villian lol. Like i think i mentioned if they want to recast the main characters or something and make it 10 years later it would make more sense perhap. of course there kids would be under 10. unless if its going to redo some sort of 1-3 thing and show 2 kids being on the dark and light sides and how they are the chosen ones to balance things out.

I watched IV today. Im not sure what was different but obviously the opening with the Episode IV was different and think they did a CGI Jabba cause when Han was talking to him it looked like something was off a bit. Also think i heard awhile back Boba Fet was added? And i believe the original movies didnt have Jame Earl Jones credited as Darth Vadar.

I think i heard something about Episode 6s ending like adding Darth Vadar as one of the ghosts or something? Like i said its been so long since ive seen stuff and while i havent seen the redone stuff spoilers are ok with me on those since its been like what 10 years since those were done? Dont worry im not like those people who havent seen titanic and its been 20 years and get mad when someone says the boat sank haha.

I think i heard something about Episode 6s ending like adding Darth Vadar as one of the ghosts or something? Like i said its been so long since ive seen stuff and while i havent seen the redone stuff spoilers are ok with me on those since its been like what 10 years since those were done? Dont worry im not like those people who havent seen titanic and its been 20 years and get mad when someone says the boat sank haha.
    Anakin was always one of the ghosts. However, what they did was replace the actor, who played Vader when the mask came off and he died, with Hayden Christensen.

Quote Originally Posted by jon-el87 View Post
    Anakin was always one of the ghosts. However, what they did was replace the actor, who played Vader when the mask came off and he died, with Hayden Christensen.
    Ah OK. I was probably 5 when i saw it so im a little fuzzy on stuff.

I watched IV today. Im not sure what was different but obviously the opening with the Episode IV was different and think they did a CGI Jabba cause when Han was talking to him it looked like something was off a bit. Also think i heard awhile back Boba Fet was added? And i believe the original movies didnt have Jame Earl Jones credited as Darth Vadar.

They've definitely added a lot of CGI. Which I am fine with since it's a sci-fi movie (if they did it with Indiana Jones, I'd be upset though ).

Hayden was indeed added to the ghosts scene a bit earlier than that. When all 6 movies were released on DVD I believe. If you don't mind being spoiled, I'll post a link with the change in question. Some might be fine with it, but I found it annoying.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27RVJJfny4I

Page 3 of 49 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast