View Poll Results: Loved it? Hated it? What did you think, padawans?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10 - The Force is strong with this one.

8 36.36%

4 18.18%

4 18.18%

3 13.64%

1 4.55%

1 4.55%

0 0%

1 4.55%

0 0%
  • 1 - Not even cool new light sabers could help this!

0 0%
Page 2 of 49 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by darkphoenix21 View Post
    Ok....I never meant to say movies or meant Batman Superman (meaning the next movie) I meant as a brand (Superman or Batman); it was my mistake and didn't have a chance to correct my post. Someone got what I meant to say. Anyway.. as in everything: movies, merchandise, comics, etc. Star Wars as a brand is a MONSTER compared to what is the brand of Batman or Superman and it will continue to be so in the next wave of those things to come. But...before you guys go posting crazy it was all meant as my own personal opinion.
    Again, darkphoenix21, I'm not disputing your argument, but I don't see why you think what you think. What are you basing that on? Why do you think the Star Wars brand is a monster compared to what is the brand of Batman and/or Superman? I've given evidence to show that the same number of people will go to the movies to watch them. I've given evidence to show how both are very active and successful in the merchandising field. And we've seen that Marvel and Lucasfilm are very comparable in their selling prices, and DC is comparable to Marvel.

So, why do you believe one is bigger than the other?

The Force is Strong!!! darkphoenix21's Avatar
    Training the next generation of Jedi legends
    I just feel that its a brand that is represented greater. While posting this, I've seen the same commercial for a Star Wars Toy at least 3 times. When going to any department store or toy store area there is a whole area of Star Wars toys alone (or at least I see the Star Wars sign/logo and eyes goes straight to that) as opposed to anything Batman or Superman.

I found this interesting...http://www.statisticbrain.com/star-w...chise-revenue/

On a personal level, my nephew loves all the lego stars wars stuff (toys and games) he has it all. I go back to the original movie trilogy every so often. I barely do that with any Batman/Superman movies.

So, would it be fair to say that you are basing your conclusion on personal observations you've made while watching tv, exploring stores, interacting with people you know, and your own tastes?

Yes, its exactly it. I am no means a die hard Star Wars fan but, it's something that had more impact and prefer than the others.

Quote Originally Posted by darkphoenix21 View Post
    Yes, its exactly it. I am no means a die hard Star Wars fan but, it's something that had more impact and prefer than the others.
    Ok, fair enough.

Nice. So R2 keeps his streak of appearing in every SW movie alive.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by costas22 View Post
    Nice. So R2 keeps his streak of appearing in every SW movie alive.
    C3PO is not going to miss out.

Quote Originally Posted by maasaloo View Post
    C3PO is not going to miss out.
    "Always two there are. No more, no less".

I wonder if Daniels will return to put the suit on or if 3PO will be completely CGI.

"Always two there are. No more, no less".

I wonder if Daniels will return to put the suit on or if 3PO will be completely CGI.
    They already have the suit made, sitting in storage somewhere. It would be odd for them to CGI the character when they don't have to. But then again, they CGI'd the crud out of everything on the prequels. So, you may be on to something.

Quote Originally Posted by Backward Galaxy View Post
    They already have the suit made, sitting in storage somewhere. It would be odd for them to CGI the character when they don't have to. But then again, they CGI'd the crud out of everything on the prequels. So, you may be on to something.
    Yep. The droids gor CGI'd a lot too. My question had more to do with Anthony Daniels' willingness to return. I remember hearing he wasn't always comfortable wearing the suit and he's 67-68 now. Unless they find someone else to wear it and he just lends his voice.

Yep. The droids gor CGI'd a lot too. My question had more to do with Anthony Daniels' willingness to return. I remember hearing he wasn't always comfortable wearing the suit and he's 67-68 now. Unless they find someone else to wear it and he just lends his voice.
    That seems like a very real possibility. They have mentioned a willingness to do more with practical effects and real sets this time around. Why do that and CGI something that could easily be real?

Also, I wonder if R2 will suddenly fly again. That'll be strange.

Quote Originally Posted by nate-dog1701d View Post
    That seems like a very real possibility. They have mentioned a willingness to do more with practical effects and real sets this time around. Why do that and CGI something that could easily be real?

Also, I wonder if R2 will suddenly fly again. That'll be strange.
    Wouldn't shock me if they just use Daniels' voice.

R2 flying... eeesh.

Maybe R2 flew in the prequels because he was younger compared to the original trilogy. Yeah it makes no sense, but I can see Lucas explaining it like that, lol.

If they do bring back the droids, hopefully they'll just use them as comic relief.

Maybe R2 flew in the prequels because he was younger compared to the original trilogy. Yeah it makes no sense, but I can see Lucas explaining it like that, lol.
    My experience tells me that George Lucas justifies a lot by simply saying "we have the technology to do these things now, whereas we didn't back then". That's probably how he would justify R2 flying.

If they do bring back the droids, hopefully they'll just use them as comic relief.
    I don't mind a little comic relief, but I always thought R2 and C3PO were more than that in the original trilogy. I don't mean to suggest they had character arcs or anything, but they had personality. I don't think they were only there to crack a joke and lighten the mood (nor am I suggesting that's what you're saying - I get what you're saying).

Page 2 of 49 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast